TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: The Order Of The Vine (t1 mission - 30/06/2000)

Taking a break

Spoiler:
    I can't remember the whole poem thing, but I remember the first hint was about trees, hence 3, the second hint asked how many o's were in the first line I think and there were 2, umm, well I can't remember

Yeah, what KoMaG said, plus:

Spoiler:
    The 3rd hint said "What am I writing this....? And the answer was '4'.

And the 4th hint was "How many legs does a hammer have? (The carpenter's tool - not the Thief AI)

Have fun!!

Thank you all for your help. I used that code and it worked fine, but now I have new troubles! I still like the mission, despite these difficulties.

Taking a break

Originally posted by Hit Deity:
    Yeah, what KoMaG said, plus:

Spoiler:
    The 3rd hint said "What am I writing this....? And the answer was '4'.

And the 4th hint was "How many legs does a hammer have? (The carpenter's tool - not the Thief AI)

Have fun!!
    Oh yeah, I remember all that now!

Jump near end of Order of the Vine?!

I really hate to be asking yet another OOTV question, but after grabbing the seal down in the pit, do I have to jump down and off The Trickster, or do I have to go back the way I came and try to make that ridiculous jump up and across and mantle up? I'm having a bear of a time trying to do either one. That darn tan building material looks just like wood, I thought it would hold a rope arrow. Thanks again!

Cancel that question. I rope-arrowed into the earth and got across that way!

NoCokePepsi

'Off' the Trickster? Hehe.

Yeah, that sounds pretty impossible. He was impervious to my sand arrow and flash bomb. Then I finally used what's left of my brain and did the rope arrow thing up into the earth. Getting late here in NY, I need some sleep big-time.

Hendrix95

Question about OOTV

I'm playing Order of the Vine in and I can't seem to get the small door on the wall open in the master bedroom. Is there a key somewhere for this? Also, I can't find the guy's head that's needed for the portal in the basement. Is this in the door in the master bedroom? Thanks for your help.

It's been awhile since I played this one, but I remember that the safe on the wall in the Master's bedroom is opened by frobbing a book on the bookcase on the opposite side of the room. And I think (I'm not sure) that the head is in a gold pyramid in the dining room. You need the gold key to open it.

SSDwellah

Need help with "Order of the Vine"!

I have the "Ancient Kings Head", the "Ancient Bronze Key", and the "Ancient Silver Key". I think that I am supposed to be in some sort of dungeon but I can't find it's entrance. The only locked door is an outside gate (exit?) near the 5th secret scroll. But neither any of my 1000's of keys or the lockpics work. Please help.

You need to go find the basement storage that is opposite the garden door. There's nothing much in there. Look on the wall for a switch. That'll get you where you need to go.

Jeez, Nightwalker, you rock! You're a whole FM support team rolled into one person. Much apprieciated.

Thank you very much, Silent Sleep! I try my best.

The Order Of The Vine

Hey, I found the 3 keys (the ancient gold, silver and bronze keys), but where do I go to find the Seal? It's normal difficulty.

Its been a while since I've played but isn't the seal
    spoiler:
    floating over a large pit in the same room you find "the master"

That mission has amazed me because of two major things.
    1- the constantly stretching and shrinking objects
    2- that sweet vine attack the master has
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 8th Jan 2013 at 11:50. Reason: edited spoiler cover

Spoiler:
    Take the gold one to the dining room with the Trickster statue and use it on the pyramid thing to get the King's Head.

Then go to the little basement opposite the exit to the garden and frob the switch behind the crates. Go through the secret door and use the 2 remaining keys on the pillars. Then place the head on the central one (press 'r' to drop it). Step through the portal to get to the ritual area.

SSDwellah

Thanks Nightwalker!!! I meant to reply sooner but my mother randomly cancelled my DSL... WHY?!?! I PAY FOR IT!!! Wow how did I ever survive with this shitty 56k?!? Oh well...

Order of the Vine - some new (?) questions

Playing on expert (completely sneaky, too - first time I've tried that style ever but I wanna suck all the play time I can out of Thief).
    A few spoilers would save my sanity:
    1) Which is Horton's room?
    2) A particular balconied room seems inaccessible. A hint, please.
    3) Must I enter the Great Hall to get any loot or to enter some hidden area?

I'd played the mission on easy and these issues didn't come up, but now they have. Thanks.

Horton's room is just past the top of the southwest spiral stairway going up from the first floor.
    As afar as I know, there is absolutely no reason to go into the Great Hall. It's a quicker way across the house, but with too many guards. I don't believe it lets you access anything you can't access from elsewhere.

The balconied room is accessed from another room down the hall with a balcony. (It's in the East side of the guest rooms).

[ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: Nightwalker ]

Thanks for the help! I wrote down SE corner for Horten's room by mistake (I'm learning disabled), but it was good practice

Those balcony doors didn't open on 'easy' as I recalled so I hadn't even bothered trying them. Argh. Excellent example of a level where new areas open up on the harder difficulties.

All done with it, on the hardest difficulty and not one human touched. I'm most proud of getting the armory key

The Order of the Vine

On normal difficulty, I found the three keys (gold, silver, bronze). Where do I go to next to get the Seal?

Here's your answer:
    spoiler:
    Go to the room with the gold pyramid sitting at one end (I think it's a dining room, but I'm not sure) and use the gold key there. You'll get an interesting item. Then take it and the other two keys to the basement room across from the garden entrance. Look for a lever on the wall to open a secret door. You'll know what to do from there.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 8th Jan 2013 at 11:51. Reason: edited spoiler cover

Thanks

Sorry i probably should know what to do, but i don't I used the gold, bronze and silver keys now, but what has been opened? Which door?

Spoiler:
    There should be a sort of coloured force-field area in front of you now. Just walk through.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast