TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 21 1234561116 ... LastLast

Thread: The Order Of The Vine (t1 mission - 30/06/2000)

SilentSleep

The Order Of The Vine (t1 mission - 30/06/2000)

http://thiefmissions.com/m/TootV1-1
    http://thief-thecircle.com/missions/
    http://keepofmetalandgold.com/fmarchive.htm

It should be up on the Circle and other hosts later.

Anything else... yes. It's in 3 mis files, 2 very small, and one large, so hit continue when you finish the first two. That's it .

Except that it features new voice acting from Loanstar and Wynne, and it's 7.3Mb.

------------------
    The Order Of The Vine
    ...and other stuff.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 22nd Feb 2013 at 11:07. Reason: added updated links

Ithel

I'm downloading it now. Look forward to seeing it.

darkwalker

Must....get....new....modem.....

Hurry......
    The joys of living in the Middle Of Nowhere.

------------------
    Remember-The Shadows are your Friend.

Avalon

I just took a quick run-through of this mission. Wow, I have to say. I'll say it again, too, in italics. Wow.
    It's one of the few FMs that I actually not only enjoyed, but managed to have some fun. The tricks crammed in there were splendid, indeed.
    Not only that, but Wynne did some voice stuff. That's enough to get me hooked.

------------------
    Beware the coming of the machines...
    Check out my Tutorials on creating the Soulforge Machinery, all with working demos included.
    Coming Soon
    The Chaos Cycle, a FM series featuring the Keepers and their struggle with the lasting legacy of Karras...
    The Sanctum
    The Chaos Cycle News

Sarik

I DL'd it, and loved it very much!
    Congrats, I have to say, for a very good mission . . .

------------------
    Endlessly seeking beyond new membership to a new realm . . .
    Membership

But still a newbie. When one thing goes right, up comes another thing! It isn't fair!! Sigh . . .

Sperry

word

Beerworm

That's it, the hell with Vampire, I'm reinstalling Thief...

kfgecko

SilentSleep... your intro paragraph for the mission is VERY alluring to me. I almost wish I had a few more days before I left for my vacation tomorrow. I can't wait to play it when I come back.

------------------
    In development: "Embracing the Enemy" progress: 21% |######--+--+--!--+--+--+--+--|
    My Thief 1 missions: Bloodstone Prison and The Library

SilentSleep

Yeah, I think I disguised the... I mean, thanks .

Also I think I should mention that the title is taken from one of the books in Assasins(I think), which I forgot to credit in the readme...

Glad people seem to be liking it though.

kfgecko

I couldn't resist... I slipped in some play... woo hooo... I just got a treasury key off a guard belt and smacked a sitting servant... ackkk... I gotta go before the wife comes back in the house........ see you all next week......

(Embracing progress on paper only for the next 7 days...)

------------------
    In development: "Embracing the Enemy" progress: 21% |######--+--+--!--+--+--+--+--|
    My Thief 1 missions: Bloodstone Prison and The Library

Viper6

Hey SilentSleep, you outdid yourself.

KFGecko, Mokkis, Apachie, Mad-God, make some room for another trophy up there.

You can't not be impressed with this mission.

Now I've seen it all. A bank of working gas stove burners along with running water in the kitchen. What's next? Working Cell Phones? PC's in the bedrooms?

How about a few spoilers though.

Great job!

Beerworm

Oh my god...
    Where did you..
    How did you..
    The..
    Gaa..
    Bluh?
    Daaaa!!!!

Wynne

*pokes her head eagerly into the thread* Have you heard me yet? Huh, huh? How did I do? This is my first performance in a fan mission, so I'm all anxious.

Avalon... thank you. I am quite flattered by your high regard.

I'm dying to play your mission, SilentSleep... I DL'ed it already. All I have to do is get my copy of Thief Gold back from Nat, and I'm set. I only have my part of the story so far, and I'm excited to read all those books the text file promised, not to mention find out what that conversation between... *claps hand over mouth* Never mind. *winks* Can't wait to see what all the buzz is about--congratulations!

Beerworm, are you okay, man?

[This message has been edited by Wynne (edited July 01, 2000).]

sp4f

Great mission I dl'ed it last night and spent 2 hours playing it (hey i'm methodical). Anyway love the prologue and epilogue thing. One question who did the voice for Gilben. It really fresked me out the first time i heard it. Where are you thiefsie. We need a coat of mansie flesh

------------------
    No Mini-Me we do not frob our kitties that way.

Diakonoi

Yeah, great fan mission. Just ran through it. As before mentioned, it was one of the few that I actually enjoyed playing. Keep up the good work!

------------------
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years in wherein we are set, uprooting evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they have is not ours to rule.
    ~Gandalf, The Last Debate

SilentSleep

S P O I L E R S

Giblens voice is just the standard apebeast one. The masters is a hybrid of the T2 pagan voice and the other apebeast voice.

While we're spoiling, did anyone manage to get attacked by him? I was trying to push the limits of what a spellcasters attack could be, but I'm not sure if it came off seamlessly.

Viper6

Having completed "Phase 1, Tactical, Secure the Building", now the puzzle solving begins.

Got whacked by swarm of bees attack, tried again with fire arrows; that worked. Lookit all that shit floating on the ceiling!!! Ropes I can climb that go nowhere?

Hit a couple of dead ends. Don't have keys to open some of the doors yet. Haven't the vagueist idea where to look.

Got two keybricks that work on pedestals in tomb in cellar. Light beams are generated and go up (right out of Star Wars). It appears as if something needs to be placed on the third, or center pillar for a desired effect. Who? How? What?

And of course todays sweepstakes question is: where is the combination to the vault switch?

sp4f

Anyone know where the gold key is. Or the head of the king. and how do i get into the safe in the masters bedroom

------------------
    No Mini-Me we do not frob our kitties that way.

Beerworm

Yeah, I tried swatting him with my blackjack and he turned on me... that was probably the most excellent effect in there... no wait, the coolest effects were the furniture in his room...
    no wait, the coolest effect was the rain, no the fountains, no the drunks, no the prolouge and epilouge, no the stoves, no the secret passages... no the... uhh... gaaaa!!!

SilentSleep

Hee hee .

Viper, you were supposed to get into the treasury first! The treasurer has a scroll on his desk saying he kept a note close by. Very close by.

sp4f, the method for opening the safe is also very close by. Everything else should fall into place then.

kherm

In the middle of d/ling the mission. btw, the order of vine are the Pagans who follow the woodsie cult and the Trickster etc. etc.
    I just thought I'd mention that.
    Anyway looking forward to play it!

Sarik

Okay, I'm stupid:

(Spoilors)

I found the piece of paper in the cabinet in the treasury, but I just plainly don't undertstand it. My main concern is that I just can't get the combo to work.

Give me a clue, not the answer, please to the combo lock and the piece of paper.

------------------
    Endlessly seeking beyond Membership the realm unknown. I'm in the land where I don't understand approx. 99.1246% of anything that is said, and will continue to ask questions which will baffle people all togethor . . .

SilentSleep

Well, I'll assume you're not playing on normal... The scroll in the cabinet is a little riddle that should give you the code. It's not too tricky to work out, I think. Might be tough if english isn't your native language though. Each line represents a number, in the order you enter them.

The operation of the lock is to enter all 4 numbers, then to pull the switch. If you're right the door opens, if you're wrong you get shocked.

Sarik

Heh, read above on my post:

I'm stupid:

I know its a riddle, but I just don't get it?
    Leaves, Rootes, and Branches . . .
    4? 3? 3 = tree? 4 = numbers in sentence? 1 = sentance number? Argghhh!!

I'm not much into logical thinking . . .
    I mean a clue, but not a real spoilor, in what the riddle means

------------------
    Endlessly seeking beyond Membership the realm unknown. I'm in the land where I don't understand approx. 99.1246% of anything that is said, and will continue to ask questions which will baffle people all togethor . . .

SilentSleep

Yep. Tree = 3. Clever, amn't I .

The other lines each represent another number.

Incidentally, you don't have to work this out on normal, in case anyone else is wondering .

Page 1 of 21 1234561116 ... LastLast