TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Help! I don't know how to drop things. Don't laugh.

Strider612

Help! I don't know how to drop things. Don't laugh.

Hello, I'm playing Theif 2 and the game came with my soundcard that I bought, but it did not come with directions and the readme does not give commands either. I figured out most of it but I can't figure out how to drop things. In the 3rd level you have to drop the item of that guy in the vault but god help me I don't know how. I feel so newbish and all the faqs just say to drop it there not how. I'v clicked like crazy when i have the item selected but nothing happens. I know this is something simple most likly but I can't figure it out. Any help would be much aprreciated, thanks.

Nightwalker

Just hit "R" and you can drop what you are carrying. It's tough to figure stuff out without the instructions. If you need anymore help, just come back and ask. Folks are always ready to help out. If you have questions relating directly to Thief 2, try posting on the Thief 2 Hints and Spoilers Forum.

Hanse

The default key binding to drop items is "R" for "release." But if you go into your Options menu from the main menu, you can look at all the key bindings, and also change them if you like.

TTLG Server Goddess
    Gone, but not forgotten

Hi Strider612!

Just popped in for a second, about to run off for holiday type festivities... Welcome to the forum! I think you might find this useful:

MANUAL FOR THIEF - The Dark Project

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!!

------------------
    I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way...

Strider612

Thank you very much everyone.

Swedishman

Can I laugh now?

The Drunken Orc

BWAAAAHAHAHAAHAHAA

------------------
    Um... hi.. My name is Grazzhnar.. and... I have a problem.

Keeper of Metal and Gold

I personally have never looked at the Thief manual, except once after I had finished the game. But hey, I'm a merciful guy, so I won't point that out publically ~

------------------

Keeper of Metal and Gold

Woops!

------------------

Lake

haha

------------------
    Lake