TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Elevator Mission T1 V1 (Released Dec. 25 2000)

It's been quite awhile since I played UFO, Lytha, but I'm pretty sure that you need to go
    spoiler:
    back up the stairs above the lava. There's a room up there that has a button in it that opens up another room on the other side of the passageway. In there, you'll find switches to open the gates blocking your way after you cross the lava.

Wow, my memory totally failed me.

The bafford-sandstone building would be in either K, Amida, or one of the other - I played too many of the japanese missions (without finishing most) in a row.

Alright... the lava-room with the two portcullis is in the hammer-house with the 3 training dummies over that you can hop with the already mentioned 3 crates (from the kitchen) to get the blue key.

I manipulated the control panel downstairs (bugbeast, water basin with 3 gems), the sewer hatch with the papyrus nearby could still not be opened, even though it had told me that I needed to manipulate the control panel.

The control panel seemed to have opened the portcullis that had locked said lava-room before. However, this seems to be a dead end at the moment.

I noticed the tunnels in the lava-waterfall-river-with-mine-cars this time and the blue key opened the secret door between the Keeper-Talisman-Holder-Thingies. Now I have 4 rope arrows and already more loot than in Bafford's and Assassins combined.

I just met a burrick - and I am curious when I will find a key there that will open the chest in the other tunnel or the chest in the barracks in the hammer-building.

Well... no, that was the way to the EndRoom. I guess I was not supposed to climb over the dummies with the 3 crates then.

This leads me back to the locked portculli, I guess... It looks really as if I could climb over the portcullis if I stack the crates right...

*sigh* ... no.

I can keyhole through them but that does not really help.

Well. If it's becoming annoying, it's better to stop instead of dwelling off into some irrational grudge against the mission and/or its designer.

So well... I guess I won't ever finish this one.

-----------------------

*Stares at the mission in Dromed.*
    Last edited by Lytha; 26th Aug 2002 at 09:16.

Ok, I found an elevator that leads me down to a haunt but with only 1 flash bomb and 2 arrows left...lets just say I keep running around like a chicken. There is a door there but I just don't have enough time to investigate before being killed. Is that where the second golden lockpick is, and is there a way of getting rid of the damn haunt?
    Last edited by Auriga2us; 26th Aug 2002 at 09:30.

Lytha - Those chest don't open, so don't waste time looking for a key to them.

I climbed over those dummies, too, but it turned out that later on, there's a switch that actually lowers them, so you can just walk right in!

The portcullis that blocks the hallway down to the lava area is opened with a lever down in the basement of the house. If you follow the hallways in the opposite direction from the portcullis, there's a round room with stairs leading down to the basement area. An alien patrols a hallway and, at the end of that hallway, is the switch you need. Once you've got the portcullis open, go into that hallway and into the room on the right. Pick open a lockbox on the wall and that opens another door across the hallway. Inside that room are the controls that open the two gates down in the lava room. (This may be more than you needed to know, but I'm still a little confused about exactly where you're stuck. If I supplied more info than you wanted, I apologize. )

You will eventually find the switch that opens the sewer hatch, by the way, but it's not in the house itself.

Auriga2us - There is a room (I think it's a dining room or somesuch) with a Hammer guard and a mage standing in it. In a small room off the side of this room, there is a well. Go down the well and search the floor down there for your missing lockpick. You're still going to tackle the haunt afterwards, though.

Err, sorry, I am looking for the second golden lockpick, I got one, but I cannot get much with it because it only opens certain doors half way so I need the second one.

I just went to refresh my memory about that part of the mission and I realized that was probably what you meant. The second lockpick isn't hard to get. Once you have the first one, you come out into a kitchen. Walk out of it, straight across the hall with the pillars and down the next hallway to a set of double doors on the left. Open these, go into this hallway and into a room on the left. There is a lever on the wall that opens a door at the end of the hall. Go through there, down a ramp and open a door on the right. You'll pass an elevator behind a locked gate and come to a ladder leading down. Climb down there and you'll find your missing lockpick in a chest guarded by a Hammer. He has his back turned to you, so he's easy to deal with.

Dromed showed me the lockbox on the grey stone wall in the barracks that opened the secret door to the room above the portcullis which drove me crazy.

Alright... I guess I can call it finished now - short 500 lot or so, have found the Keeper's House. Hm... feels at least more complete than "I am infront of two portcullis that I can't open"

~8400 out of ~9000 is decent. I would set the loot goal for expert lower than that in a FM... normal should go for the 25-33%.

Finding the loot in this one was very much too hard. Peter Smith finally managed to find it all and the loot list is up at the Cheap Mission Downloads site, if you're interested in seeing where the rest of it was.

Nightwalker,

I already had a glance at his list and I am impressed that he found the loot. I seem to recall that he had an email conversation with JIS about this.. it was back at the old eidosgames-UBB forum.

Well, I already had difficulties to recall if I had pulled that lever in the research facility or not when I reloaded it (after I fell from one of the tanks on my attempt to get the other tiara), so Peter's list won't help me much (I simple won't recall if I had taken the items already or not) - and I will not start back at the entrance and crouch on the floor for the last silver nuggets on grey stone. It is all good now. No success-movie, but I made it to the Keeper and I got ~95% of the loot.

Thanks Nighwalker, I did not realize there were doors in that hallway because they are completely in the dark! I did not see them until you specifically told me where to look, in fact to tell the truth I still missed them a couple of times. God how I hate searching for a lever in a dark kitchen!!!!
    Last edited by Auriga2us; 26th Aug 2002 at 12:58.

Get used to it in this mission, Auriga2us! This mission is full of hard to see levers, buttons and doors. If you miss just one, you can spend hours wandering around totally lost! I know, because I've done it! LOL!

Well, after getting the other lockpick I had a good run, found the sword, and also found a chapel key, but I do not know where to use it??? There are double doors in the area with white puffy moving clouds to which a sideway-rising elevator leads, but nothing I have fits the lock? I have been wondering with my sword lighting all the dark areas to see maybe I missed another path but I haven't come across anything? Where do I use the chapels key?

Thiefmissions.com

I think the entrance to the chapel is across the big open area, down stairs, next to the "bar".
    - J<

After much wondering I come to this closed gate guarded by a flame, there is a piece of paper on the wall that says "If you Played Mages Area the answer should come naturally"?? I personally hated that mission, so I never bothered to finish it, so I am at a loss of what to do!

I've never been quite sure what the connection is to Mages Area, which I have played, but I can tell you what you need to do. First, you missed a button. After you climbed the ladder from the lower halls with the crayman, you went down a hall and into a room with a window that looked out over the Church. There is a table in the corner of that room. On the side of the tabletop, between the table and the wall, there's a very hard to see button. Push it to open the gate by the fire elemental. When you go back up the elevator to that area, make sure you unlock the metal door that you go past with the "haunt" key, go in and pile rubble on the pedestal to turn on the light in that room. It also turns on the light in the room past the gate. Otherwise, it's pitch black up there and you can't find anything.

Gone, but never forgotten
    For me, the parchment referring to "The Mages Area" helped me to find the switch hidden on the side of the table as at the beginning of this Fm.

You're probably right, Jo! I never made that connection. Thanks for enlightening me.

Gone, but never forgotten
    For elevator

I am stuck with "Sage Key" because the grid was closed again behind me and it does not open the gate in top of the green circular ascencor.

Lady Jo, the mission should end when you get to the top. If it doesn't, you may have hit a bug of some sort.

I joined the elevator-madness.

I am in the red caves that could be reached through the secret door in the chapel. I got Lord Randall's Vase by running in, and hurrying like mad back out... I used my one and only water arrow on one of the torches.

Well. Now I have no clue where to continue. I had hoped that the red caves would lead me to objective #2 (the Keeper), with the Keeper statues infront of it and all.

I found a Ramirez-Button on the inside of the secret door to the caves, but I have no idea what it might have done.

In the area of the red caves, where there is a guard and two fire elementals, where you said you got the vase, you will find the key you need, its on the guards belts, so you will have to go back. What I did was make him chase me and then closed the gate so that th two elemantals wouldn't get out as well, and then killed the guard. That key is for the set of double doors to which an elevator takes you, back in the area where the white puffy clouds are.

There is also one water arrow in a chest close to a guard standing by a big lever, just before you get to that part. If you take your aim carefully, you can destroy both fire elementals with the one water arrow and that makes this part a little easier.

I was just curious, but are the white puffy clouds in the game supposed to serve as elevators? You can ride them and they are often going to places that usually take a while to get by other means of transportation. Anyone know?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast