TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Elevator Mission T1 V1 (Released Dec. 25 2000)

Gone, but never forgotten
    I did not try to do it

Ooooh... he had a key at the belt.

Well, I loaded an earlier save (should take real saves more often), went all the way again, and this time, I killed the left fireball with a broadhead. The archer in the bar had given me one extra arrow, I guess that was a good use for it.

The fireball and the guard started searching now, and it looks like the guard has a LOT of hitpoints or fire-resistance. Anyway, I then douzed the remaining fireball.

Now I am sitting in a shadow and am watching Brother Adrius.

I guess he won't be the pleasant fellow he was in Calendra's Cistern, right.

... looks like my notes are already 18kb... lol.

Thiefmissions.com

Yes, the cloud-elevators are just that. I don't recall seeing them anyplace other than the open area that serves as the hub of the mission. If you look closely at the endpoint of the highest one's path, you'll see yet another switch to be thrown. I don't think this does anything important, though. With this mission, though, who knows.
    - J<

Ride on puffy white clouds that look like burrickbreath?! Oh my!

Originally posted by epithumia
    ....If you look closely at the endpoint of the highest one's path, you'll see yet another switch to be thrown. I don't think this does anything important, though. With this mission, though, who knows.
    I forgot this switch, but I do not know if it is that which prevents me from finishing this fm?

No, it's not that switch, Jo. I didn't find that the first time through, but the mission finished properly for me.

I am traumatized now.

Can you tell me if the blue crayman indicates something like "30% done" or so?

* err, the first blue crayman. Who knows how many will follow...

Btw, am I supposed to crawl through the opening at the end of his hole?
    Last edited by Lytha; 27th Aug 2002 at 15:15.

Actually if you throw that top switch where the clouds are it opens a door. The elevator guarded by a haunt takes you to a room with the chapel key, in there there is a switch that opens the metal door that leads to a hallway that ends in a drop. Well the top switch also opens that door, so this way you can by pass the haunt, especially if you don't have the sword or lockpicks at that point in the mission.

Lythat I don't think you can crawl through there, as for the crayman, there is still much of the game left, I am still not done myself.

Hang in there, Lytha. I'd say you're well over halfway done. This is a very, very tough mission, isn't it? The first time I completed it, I did it in collaboration with 2 other very good players and between us, we managed to figure it all out. I never could have done it by myself, I don't think.

If I'm right about where you are, you're down in the tunnels and you have the Hand of Glory. Is that correct? If so, you need to run past the crayman and climb the ladder at the far end.

That's interesting, Auriga2us! We probably couldn't figure out what it was, because that door was already open by time the button was found. Thanks!

In Elevator :

- I did not find how to open the grid of the elevator which is not far from the 2 lookpiks

- I did not succeed in opening the blue trunk in water but I took the 5 potions of breath in the wood trunk.

I have a save right before the grid of the end of this fm and I wait to see whether my problem will be solved

! The Hand of Glory is down there?!

I guess it's then back to the crayman's unconcious body then for me.

I just arrived at the "mages-area-portcullis-with-fireball".

I have a LostCity Key, a pile of unconcious disguised Mages (nice, btw, I don't think I've met the mages in many FMs), and another pile of dead disguised haunts back there in Haunt-City.

And I just used a dead Haunt and statue-pieces to press down the pedestal in the room next to the "no trespassing"-room with the airmage disguised as hammernovice and the lostcity key.

----------------------

Edit:

Got it. Nasty button that the Ramirez-Haunt had there, I missed it.

Well, the lockbox of the femservant-Haunt still puzzles me though.

I could not figure out these elevators neither so far, Lady Jo. But I also have still a lot of non-frobable doors that cry "open me from the other side" or something.

Diving?! I guess, I am only at 25% or so then. I have not found any real water yet, only camouflage-jorge (looked like that).
    Last edited by Lytha; 27th Aug 2002 at 16:02.

Wooden Trunk?? Where exactly did you find it, I am strugling with the underwater parts because I have no air potions and besides the unopenable blue trunk near the underwater crayman I haven't come across anything?

Auriga2us, pull your sword while you're swimming underwater (it lights up) and search the dark areas for a wooden truck. The blue one is a red herring.

Hm... do I need something to hold the pressure plate down that was infront of the maw of chaos-teleporter thingie? Both Haunts fell down to the statue, so it would be a longish task to get two bodies.

What exactly does that pressure plate do? Maybe prevent the extra Haunts to be spawned or so?

Well, I am finally done with the damn level. Though I am still missing a lot of loot. Got only 1980 out of 2900. Its surprising since you need one area to get into another so its impossible to miss anything. Though I did not disturb the goulish garden party, it did not appear as though there was that mush loot there anyway, some bottles and a pair of opera glasses. Oh well, absolutely no regrets since managed to finish it. That last haunt took everything I had, 3 mines, 5 flashbombs, and 3 rope arrow, and then I had to hit it with my sword a couple of times! Those unndead things sure love life.

Lytha all the pressure plates in the game only open things, so go find those bodies.

The pressure plate is the one that teleports the player object, not the Maw-Portal. Hehehe... I built a nice trap for myself - when I reloaded in the new area, I found myself again amidst the pissed off Haunts.

Well...

In the new area is one portcullis that I have no idea how to open. Behind it is something that looks like one of those teleport devices.

The Craymen can jump in the water, or something. They were happily diving upwards to chop off my head. Anyway... I got the key of Cutty ("the end of the key"), then I went back and had the Craymen eat me.

Most sadly, I spent some time with that cute little balcony-building right of the disguised fire- and watermage, finally managed to wriggle through, just to find out that there was nothing behind the door.

Btw... I have not found out anything about the Keeper yet. This irritates me a lot, since I have now found the sceptre, the hand of glory, and the sword.... I can only guess that he is behind the craymen.

Well... leaves the entire walled off section of the area past the Haunt-teleporter. :/

I am at 2200 loot now. Or so. I ran around with the sword drawn most of the time to see the objects in the dark.

Alright, I finished it.

What a mission...

Anyway, here is the list of the things that I have no clue about:

• What goodies are past the Keeper? What good does the Sage Key do? The mission ended for me once I had reached him. I could not even read his note!

• What is with the unfrobable/locked doors in: (1) The chapel, upstairs, (2) in the Mages' Church, (3) atop of the twin-balcony, (4) the elevators next to the lockpicks, (5) there was one more unfrobable door infront of the "trickster-star" with the hammer priest and novice (who were fire- and watermages in disguise); infront of the cloister-gates that lead to the Gilmo-Sceptre, in other words.

• Why were there two scenes with a guy and a girl and the girl using ActorTagList Bound? At least, it looked suspiciously like a Conv 36. *checks*... ah, it was an ActorTagList "Cutty". Still there were two of these scenes.

------------------------

Alright, I think I answer my own questions now with the help of dromed.

- The key of the Keeper does no good. It has no KeyCfg set or any links.
    - The elevator that I could see behind the keeper does no good neither. At least, the button has no links or stuff set.
    - The doors next to the Gilmo's Sceptre has nothing behind it.
    - The footlocker with the airpotions is always there in all difficulties. The airpotions are also always there. That should make it playable even in Expert.
    - Yes, it is the pressure plate that teleports Garrett (I think). They had teleport traps already in Dromed 1? Why wasn't that used then at all, instead, the attack of the flowerpots?!?
    - The door in the Mages' Church has nothing behind it.
    - And same for the two doors in the Chapel.
    - The elevator and its lockbox are unlinked with each other, the PickCfg or KeyDst is missing. Looks like it can't be opened.

Alright.
    Last edited by Lytha; 27th Aug 2002 at 19:52.

where can i download this, i went looking at cheap thief, they got elavator(japenese) is that the one, hopefully an english copy floating around.

This one is translated from Japanese into English. But with a translator program.

I found why this Fm did not finish for me in expert.
    By looking at the objectives, I did not have any more "The Hand of Glory" (bad reload).
    While turning over to seek it fm finishes there :

But I still do not know how I made to take it because when I open the trunk it is empty.

- - - - - - - - - -

I took again my save in front of the grid, I am turned over to seek the Hand of Glory and the mission finishes well in top of the circular ascencor
    Last edited by Lady Jo; 28th Aug 2002 at 07:26.

Lady Jo,

Hm... I had the Hand of Glory suddenly in my inventory when I was clicking a "use" at the door of this cache. I think I have taken it through the door because the frob distance of it was set to far enough.

So big, no map, so lost, umm i'm sitting inside the chapel where is the sword, maybe after i gets a hint i might be able to locate things in this dark very very dark level. grr. so fustrated,

Thiefmissions.com

Welcome to the elevator mission. Of course you're frustrated; what did you expect? I'm amazed that anyone actually tries to play it given the comments made about it.

In any case, if you have your lockpicks you should be able to get the sword; just investigate the open area with the floating cloud-elevators.
    - J<

this has to be the worst one for fms so far, update still havent found the grrrrrrrrrrrrr swordddddd anyone know where i can find the training room key, or any other key.

worst part yet, om my i even tried goin through dromed and putting lights to full to see new switches or keys in dark places, came up nothing, i hit every button from start to chapel, someone mentioned hidden switches dang i look as far under furniture, did the apple trick on banisters, pictures, funiture. zilch. yet to no unvail nothing i got both lockpicks, unlocked what doors i could , found as many buttons as i could even search in fireplaces, still cant find a switch in chapel for 2 room on right 2nd floor secret i see the door but no dice. sword i searched everywhere while trying to find keys, searched building with haunt at bottom, bar and rest to bottom, balcony cant breach double doors, lockpicks no work, bottom of this area across fom haunt door hit locked dorr with hammer symbol that picks dont work on, no keys, i must be missing something i went back to beginning of level still no dice. still nothing new i even been to room that i can see a crayman through big gate thingy. help. exact location of sword for a absent minded fustrated taffer, oh and a possible location of another key(training room key would be great.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast