TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Elevator Mission T1 V1 (Released Dec. 25 2000)

Elevator Mission T1 V1 (Released Dec. 25 2000)

WARNING!!! POSSIBLE SPOILERS IN THIS POST!!!!!

O.K. So my girlfriend and I are double teaming this mission and we still can't figure this out. We've made it into the room that the demon key lets you into. There are 2 not so friendly and very hard to kill mage/haunts in this room. Once I'vve taken care of them, I find nothing else to do in here excpt throw an alarm switch which I'm pretty sure I don't need to do. Can anyone tell me what to do next? This mission is driving me insane. I've never seen a mission that played like this one at all. So anyway, does this alarm switch do anything? and if so what? I've searched the forums and saw there was a post that said there was a switch in this room that opened double doors in a huge floating platform room? Where is this coz I haven't found it.
    PLEASE HELP!!!!

This mission IS really hard. I hated it at first, but I started to enjoy the challenge after awhile and by the end I was glad I had stuck with it. It can be extremely frustrating and difficult, though.

Rok, the button in the room should have opened the big end doors back out in the Training Area (the one with the high platforms and the Hammer guard standing out in the middle of the field). Take a look out there. Sometimes you have to backtrack a bit to figure out what you've opened in this one. Good Luck!

Thanks NightWalker!

I thought you hated the japanese missions! I figured out the answer to my question as soon as I posted it. Figures. We finsihed this mission a couple hours after that. I tried to go back and delete this post but the system spanked me and told me I wasn't allowed to do that. I'm playing mystery man right now and am almost to the end but can't figure out how to get the last talisman. I can't remember which one I need now. Must be brain damage. The only place I can't get into is the tower by the pool in the little courtyard, but that's a whole other story. Thanks for all your help!

I DID refuse to play this one for a loooong time. Then a couple of friends started it and convinced me that it got better after awhile, so I tried it again and actually ended up finishing it and enjoying it. Congratulations on finishing it, though, because it's anything but easy! You must be a Master Thief now, right?

Let me know which Talisman you're stuck on, if you don't figure it out and I'll give you a hint about where to look.

That mission sounds like a frustrating piece of *BEEP*.
    I gotta try it! :P
    Go easy on me, I'm a girl :oP

You should try it, naarmo. Just make sure you hunt around and push every button and pull every lever you can find, or you'll regret it later on.

oh yes! I always push everything and touch everything I find!
    Go easy on me, I'm a girl :oP

I second Nightwalker's recommendation, but add that you should not play it on expert. There is an impossibly long swim and the breath potions have been taken away in Expert. Can't finish it. Hard works fine.

Hawklette

I'm another one that gives a thumbs up to elevator. Played it twice now. There are some hidden tricks to make it easier but I was talked into trying again on Hard and made it through without the tricks. It is tough but worth it and you get a lot of game play. Go for it!!!! You can do it!!! One hint , find the sword as soon as possible. It is enlightening.

I am stuck near the begining. I am in this factory like area, where past it down the hall way is this huge metal gate that I finally managed to get to open, but inside it appears to be only 1 throne like room with two nasty guard inside?? Where do I go from here since I cannot find anything to do in this room???

Thiefmissions.com

I think there's a key in there you need. You _can_ sneak past those two guards; just crouch and go slowly up the middle. Or whip out the sword and try your luck.

I just replayed this mission, trying to play at a level where you can actually finish (i.e. not expert). Unfortunately I hit F11 when I meant to hit F12 and blew away a lot of work. Amazingly, the mission isn't all that difficult once you know what you're doing.
    - J<

Hm... I made it into a room with a Tarquis-type of bystander, a melting pot, and 2 guards in a nearby room. Then I was stuck.

I heard something downstairs, but the path was blocked.

I managed only to finish D and F of the japanese missions so far. I got relatively far into H&G, I think... at least, some Haunts were suddenly spawned and I take that as an indicator that I was 50% through. But then I did not want to continue without sword against Haunts.

In UFO, I got stuck in a lava room with two closed portcullis and one of those "original bugbeasts" behind. I could see some levers or buttons behind the portcullis and I concluded that these open the portcullis; I started stacking crates, but then the bugbeast/alien became a pain.

Thiefmissions.com

Lytha,

The room you're talking about is just before the room Auriga2us mentions. All you need to do is climb up on the scaffolding, eliminage the servant, and then sneak into the room woth the two guards and manipulate two buttons/switches. That should open at least one door/grating elsewhere in the mission.

The voice you hear is from a grate in the floor; you will get into there later.
    - J<

I'm not really sure that Elevator cannot be finished on Expert. I failed in Expert at first and later succeeded in Hard, but I may have seen something in Hard that I had missed in Expert, specifically
    spoiler:
    a wood chest in the water, hidden in the dark, containing breath potions
    . One day I may go back and check Expert again to see if it is there. If anyone knows, please tell me. The trouble is, it is a long haul to get to that point in the mission, and I haven't had the mental stamina to undertake it again just to check that. There are plenty of FM's I haven't played yet.

I really like the Elevator mission. It is difficult but also satisfying. I have become a fan of JIS, its author. Also by JIS, I have enjoyed UFO (a difficult loot hunt), Main Shock T2 (a very tricky maze), and UndeadLand, a simple but fun run at zombie bashing. JIS has great architecture and finds interesting and unique themes for his missions.

Lytha,

I am not sure where you are stuck in UFO. There are plenty of lava areas, some of which are blocked by a portcullis, but I don't remember the specific one that you describe. If you would care to give me more detailed directions to it, I can try to help. UFO is a very difficult mission to complete because the loot is tricky and you have to get all of it. I spent days doing it, and I compiled a loot list if anyone needs help. You will need to sign an oath in blood that you have done your best on your own. Catch me at the Eidos thief forum - I spend a little more time there.

Thiefmissions.com

Yes, the thing you missed is there, but it cannot be opened. You can't pick it, you can't bash it, and you can't blow it open with a strategically placed mine. The speed potion you should have if you didn't waste it earlier in the mission is enough to get you to one place you have to go, but won't help you to get to the other place. Perhaps there's something we're missing, but so far everyone that has attempted has failed. And considering that it takes you several hours to get to that point, I don't recommend that anyone try.
    - J<

Grr, so I finally find the key in the room with the two guards, take the elevator back to the kitchen to open the locked door there, only to find nothing there except a dead end metal hallway! I hear someone walking above me on a wooden floor, but I see no switches or anything else to get me out of this situation! SOS!

Thiefmissions.com

Isn't there a hole in the floor to fall through there?
    - J<

No, there isn't, just a little incline? Which lever do I push to open the hole?

Thiefmissions.com

I don't know which lever opens up that area. Levers and buttons I can recall:

Lever on floor of kitchen, in darkness next to fireplace.
    Three things to frob in room with guard and archer between elevator and smelter room.
    Two things to frob in room next to smelter room.
    One thing to frob in the throne room.

It's probably the first. Remember to search absolutely everywhere; there are bottons and switches hidden behind things that open doors halfway across the mission. If you miss one, it may take you hours to find it. And remember to frob everything only once.
    - J<

It was the lever in the kitchen, I just never saw it. I hate dark places. By the way people keep making reference to a sword? Where can I find one? I jumped down the hole, I am not done exploring, but still I haven't come across any weapons.

Proximity-wise you aren't far from the sword right now, Auriga2us, it's right outside where you dropped into; in that courtyard area. Unfortunately, to get into the place where they keep the sword will take you quite a while. BTW you shouldn't be complaining about how long it's taking to get to the sword. I estimate that to get to the spot you're at now you've been playing 1-2 hours. This mission will take you somewhere between 6-10 hours to complete. It's friggin' Huge!
    "That I an accessary needs must be
    To that sweet thief which sourly robs from me."
    William Shakespeare, sonnet 35

Thiefmissions.com

You find things very slowly in this mission. If you know where to go, you can pick up the important things pretty quickly, but if you don't then you'll wander for hours in the dark with one lockpick, no sword, and a bunch of doors picked halfway open. Of course, a walkthrough would spoil all of the fun!
    - J<

You have predicted my circumstances very well. Though I still have no sword, and only 1 lock pick I found like the scroll suggests among garbage near the zombies. I searched for the second one there but could not locate it, I am assuming it is in a different place. So I am still stuck since the silver lock pick only opened 1 door for me. Any hints for me where to try my luck next, or where the other lock pick might be found?

Thiefmissions.com

Well, I don't really want to spoil it completely and frankly I don't remember exactly how to get to the place where the other lockpick is stored. In fitting with the evil nature of this mission, it's locked in a chest that you need the other lockpick to open. As for getting there, if you got the first pick then you've come out in a large hall with tall pillars; explore back in there. One route will lead you back to that throne room and hence back to the beginning of the mission; another will lead you down into a mine-like area (with an elevator that we never could get into). Back in there is the chest, guarded by a Hammerite. Blackjack him (not always easy), pick open the chest and the second lockpick is yours.

Once you get the second pick, you can get the sword pretty easily, I think.
    - J<

The lava room where I was stuck in UFO was the first of the lava rooms that I encountered (or I would have described it a bit better, knowing that there were more lava rooms)

Let me try if I can recall it a bit better...

Nearby were 3 crates.

It was a grey stone wall room. I came directly from the bafford-sandstone building right behind the alien/bugbeast who patrols under a long metal bridge with trees and a well.

Inside of the bafford-sandstone building were 2 servants (one male to the left, one female to the right) with purses. There were also several doors that I could not frob or open.

Somehow, the only possible path seemed to lead me into this very lava room. It had at the right wall a 4-6 units wide catwalk over the lava, it is possible that the lava itself had some openings to other lava rooms (I did not want to jump into the lava to find out.)

Two 12 units high portcullis at the far end of the catwalk. The airbrushes surrounding the portcullis were a bit higher (I estimate 15-16 units in total (the cube and the cylinder combined), so I thought that I could crawl through the space between the top of the portcullis and the top of the cylinder; but that did not work.

That's all that I recall.

I guess I missed some switch hidden at the ceiling or in a pitch black shadow or so.

---------------------

In H&G I can describe the room where I stopped a bit more precise. Garrett said "Empty. Now what." And there was a Keeper Medaillon. And it was at the bottom of a well with a Constantine Guard infront of it.

Btw, I loved how the Keeper Scroll looked like and the photo album book that the Hammerite Priest looked at.

--------------------

And in Elevator... I manipulated those switches... I guess the effector was far away? Although, I ran back to the very start and found no suddenly opened door or portcullis.

Now that you say that you find a sword in Elevator, I wonder if there is one in H&G too. There was a tapestry blocking my path in some spot, and I could not get rid of it with my blackjack alone... there was also an obvious secret door in some spot, with a scroll nearby with many arrows surrounding japanese letters (I guessed that this scroll had the clue about where the switch for the secret door was...)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast