TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Darkness Falls: The Royal Garmyth (T2) Final Out (March 4, 2002)

Darkness Falls: The Royal Garmyth (T2) Final Out (March 4, 2002)

Riding on the winds of creation delights the builder as he thinks and ponders on new horizons. So do I. The Darkness Falls The Royal Garmyth, my longest and first serious project has drawn to its end. It may be nothing special to the eyes of the public.
    It doesn't need to be. But everyone may as well know that It brought me loads of joy to craft it with love. Naturally I cussed a few times too, but that something inside us builders brought me through the hardship to this day...oh this glorious day!

http://thiefmissions.com/m/RoyalGarmyth
    http://thief-thecircle.com/missions/
    http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/fmarchive.htm
    http://www.ttlg.de/de/download/navig...M-Download.xml
    http://darklurker.org/T2_DarkOrg.html

Quick navigation:
    Darkness Falls: The Royal Garmyth -- thread currently viewing
    Darkness Falls: A Dire Venture (sequel)
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 29th Nov 2012 at 21:44. Reason: added updated links

Downloading it now.. Och du e svensk ser jag

So far it's pretty good. Will give better review once I'm done with it.

--NH006

Cool, another FM!

Very well done (aside from that last 200 or so loot I can't find...but that's miniscle (Sp?)... hope). Freaky, I keep expecting to hear that laugh. Good backstory, found the Challenger's "log" about having to shoot the people from getting on the boat...and then about having a wierd impulse to kill. Very wierd. Good FM though, IMHO at least, I haven't played very many.

Glad you liked it. After all, I did it for you people and when you're happy I am.
    About the loot; it's there somewhere waiting for the worthy seeker

The Royal Garmoth

This is a fun FM, Hidden did a good job!
    Really cool streets!

Yeah, very cool mission. Did anyone else find the sword???

Yeah, I liked it too!
    Interesting use of sound.
    Just couldn't find all the loot on expert mode.
    The thieves, the thieves, the filthy little thieves, they stole it from us... the precious...it's ours it is and we want it!

Tried it on expert level and really enjoyed it. Found the sword but only 2 of the 4 secrets.

It sounds cool. Where can it be downloaded?

*C*

At the moment you can get it here: http://w1.922.telia.com/~u92203513/

Thanks, Hidden! Downloading now. Is this a TDP, TG, or T2 mission? REALLY looking forward to playing!

*C*

Hope you like it...it's for Thief 2...It stood there in the editors guild where I first posted.

Thanks. I've finished downloading. I'm going to begin this evening right after dinner.

*C*

Have fun, just don't expect too much; everyone has their own opinion.

Thiefmissions.com

Originally posted by Hidden in shadows
    At the moment you can get it here: http://w1.922.telia.com/~u92203513/
    It's also been up at my site for a few days.
    - J<

Originally posted by epithumia

It's also been up at my site for a few days.
    Good to know

I really liked this one as well, but I wish it had been longer. Played on expert, found all 4 secrets and came up just 100 short on loot. One of my best thieving performances.

Played it last night on expert. Found only 3 secrets and was 106 short on loot.

Reminded me a little bit of the original Thief 2 "Shipping and Receiving" mission. Turned out to be much larger than I was expecting.

spoiler:
    The secrets I found were: crawlway into the harbormaster's back yard, secret compartment under the stairs in city watch station, secret compartment in the grass in the park. Where's the one I missed? Is there a secret way to get into the small area with the sword? I got there by climbing on the awning in the harbormaster's back yard and then jumping over the wall. However, the bricked-up window next to the well looks like it could be a secret entrance.

Brian,

Wish I could remember where the 4th secret is. I don't think it's has anyhting to do with...
    spoiler:
    the sword because I never found the sword but still got all 4 secrets.

I played this FM last night up until I got stuck behind a barrel. From what I saw, the layout is really good and the architectural details above average. It looks really interesting and I'll give it another try when it gets dark tonight.

Minor points, there's a few ambients that should be set to oneshotprop. They get really annoying firing off all the time. I also spied a building (with the will'o'whisp) that seemed to have no point at all. Personal gripe maybe.

Damn barrel.

spoiler:
    secret four is in the sewer in the bigger room where you climb up the ladder

Originally posted by belboz
    spoiler:
    secret four is in the sewer in the bigger room where you climb up the ladder
    I think I was there. Is there more than one sewer in the mission?

I finished last night. I thought it was a GREAT mission--much larger than I thought, to quote an earlier post. I had more than enough loot--2392 I think--but never found the fourth secret either. However, thanks to Belboz, I will look for it this evening and see what it is. I also have a question about
    spoiler:
    the sword. I never found a sword or a well or an awning in the backyard. Did I miss something blatantly obvious? I'd love to find these things.
    I also understand about the barrel. They can be downright annoying, especially if you find yourself stuck IN or BEHIND one. Been there, done that. Hidden, I enjoyed this mission very much and will attempt it again on Sneaker. Thanks for your hard work. It was greatly appreciated.

*C*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast