TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Darkness Falls: The Royal Garmyth (T2) Final Out (March 4, 2002)

StarCStar,

If you found the other 3 secrets, you probably were close.

spoiler:
    In the harbormaster's house, at the top of the stairs, is a storage room where you can open the shutters and look outside into an alley. That alley leads to an area with the well. I was unable to climb out that window, and I tried many times. Not sure if that's a bug or not. Anyway, back downstairs is another storage room. Move the stack of boxes and frob the unlit torch. This opens up a half-height corridor into the backyard. Accessible from the backyard, is a building with some loot in it. The awning (for lack of a better word) I mentioned is over the entrance to that building. Climb up on top, then jump over the wall into the alley. I got back over the wall by stacking crates. Maybe there are easier ways to get there and back?

Shutters bug or not?

No bug people

Not to be confused with "shudder bug"--ha ha--just a little humor there.

Thanks, Brian, I shall check it out! And yes, I, too, tried to get through the window. I think it was there to whet your appetite for the backyard. Eh, Hidden?

And BTW, Hidden, I know I might have said this before but great job on the FM!

*C*

Originally posted by StarCStar
    I think it was there to whet your appetite for the backyard. Eh, Hidden?
    *C*
    I couldn't have said it better

And BTW, Hidden, I know I might have said this before but great job on the FM!
    Thank you thank you, we all do our best. All your feedback has greatly motivated me to work more on the sequel.

It would appear I found this FM a little later than most but I thoroughly enjoyed it!!

I found the sword eventually whilst looking for the last secret and couldn't believe it when after all that climbing around I wasn't rewarded with a secret I've got the last secret now thanks to Belboz

Originally posted by comfortably numb
    It would appear I found this FM a little later than most...
    Not to worry, it's not going anywhere. Glad you liked it.

I have the bow upgrade
    Originally posted by belboz
    spoiler:
    secret four is in the sewer in the bigger room where you climb up the ladder
    I still cannot find this.

Potential update?

Due to the missions great receivance (and some other reasons) I thought that maybe I could release myself from my current project (it's in a deep thinking stage so it won't matter too much) and go through TRG once more and see if I find some things that could be made better.

I don't really believe people who already have played this version would care, but I suddenly regained a vast amount of interest in trying to improve things so...

What do you people think? Does it sound prudent?

Originally posted by Lake

I still cannot find this.
    You can find some stuff on the floor but
    spoiler:
    the secret is at eye level

I have the bow upgrade

You can find some stuff on the floor but
    spoiler:
    the secret is at eye level
    Thanks. Cannot believe I missed it.

Re: Potential update?

Originally posted by Hidden in shadows
    Due to the missions great receivance (and some other reasons) I thought that maybe I could release myself from my current project (it's in a deep thinking stage so it won't matter too much) and go through TRG once more and see if I find some things that could be made better.

I don't really believe people who already have played this version would care, but I suddenly regained a vast amount of interest in trying to improve things so...

What do you people think? Does it sound prudent?
    I would definitely replay it. Good work.

(btw, I think never found the sword)
    Responsible for overseeing Studio Trophis projects, Richard's designs are influenced by the best of Japanese console gaming.

Decided to attempt update

I'm not sure if I could add anything very novel to the mission but if not at least I could play through it and fix some bad things that I believe still exist there somewhere

I could add a few new secrets too if I find the time. (It's always fun with more of those in my opinion. )

Anyways, I will look into it and see what I can improve and implement without damaging anything that's already good.

The Royal Garmyth: stuck

I climbed over a wall and found a sword but cannot get back and am stuck. I know I am in the correct spot because of the way Garrett moves and sounds but he still can't quite get back up on the wall. Did anyone else have this problem. Stuck and hoping for some magic!

Last edited by Nightwalker; 29th Nov 2012 at 21:39. Reason: removed download link

Go back to the well and get the creates from the back wall. Then take them back to the wall you jumbed over, stack them and climb back over. It may take a couple of attempts but it is possible.

You only need one crate, as a matter of fact. There's a barrel, place it on it and getting over will be a piece of cake.
    A Dire Venture project finished! At last.

Oddly enough, I found it easier to mantle on to the wall when I had pushed the barrel so that it's underneath the highest part of the wall; And then used a crate to get on.

I'm on the barrel now and Garrett seems to want to pull up but drops back down.
    I will try the crates but that is on my list of thinks I don't like. Thanks all!

Oddly enough, I found it easier to mantle on to the wall when I had pushed the barrel so that it's underneath the highest part of the wall; And then used a crate to get on.
    That's exactly what I meant...it always works.

I have the bow upgrade
    Originally posted by Hawklette
    I'm on the barrel now and Garrett seems to want to pull up but drops back down.
    I will try the crates but that is on my list of thinks I don't like. Thanks all!
    You have to mantle the peaks of that wall, not the valleys.

Thanks all, I managed but the crate climbing trick is not one of my best. LOL

Where is the sword located? I am playing on difficult and I was abe to easily finish the mission with only a black jack, and I have never come across a sword? Thanks

Hawklette, what I noticed works pretty well is this: pick up a crate- stand exactly on the spot where you want the crate to be- look straight down and drop it- look straight ahead and hop. You should be on the crate, right where you put it.

Auriga2us -
    spoiler:
    The sword is down a well. In the building just up the street from where you start (I forget what it's called. It has a bar in it.) there is an alcove across from the one under the stairs. There's a secret door in there that you can open and go through. You need to climb over the wall to your left just after you go out and explore out there.
    I didn't have time to check this, so I hope the directions are correct. I'm pretty sure they are, but it's been awhile since I've played it, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Yep I got it, I climbed that wall before but that area reminded me of another part of the city and I figured it was a short cut and never bothered to explore down there. Thanks.

The Royal Garmyth: Underrated FM of the Year

Hello all. I'm just here to give out the "Underrated FM of the Year" award to *trumpets blare* *drum roll* The Royal Garmyth! I remember playing it the first time and thinking, "Wow, this guy really has a good notion of what a FM should look/feel like!" I finally decided to send some proper praise to him (I'm sorry if he is really a she, I'm not good with non-american *scoff* names!) and got an unexpected reply: I was the first, to the designers knowledge, that sent an e-mail thanking them for their wonderful creation. Is there something wrong in the Thief community or somefing? Am I the only one who knows talent/skill when I see it? Will the Drunken Burrick ever fully recuperate from it's dangerous dance with death? Find out next week! ........ Erm, sorry 'bout that. Got a little side-tracked.

Anywho, there must be someone else out there who agrees that The Royal Garmyth is one incredible FM. One would wish it were bigger, it's true, but that's more of a compliment than an insult (hey, if someone wants to waste more time on my FM, I'm down with it ). I just wanted to bring some much-needed attention to this fabulous FM. And believe me when I say I don't send out all this praise to many. In fact, I'm quite picky when it comes to FM's I'll endorse with the Deadman's Seal of Approval™ ( ) so it should be obvious I think this is something special. In fact, I'd go as far to say the architecture is on par (or perhaps "well-grounded in the Thief universe" would be more suiting) as anything Purah, Nightfall, or Banshee ever made. (And yes, I like it that much) Many times I think (and to no insult to them, I haven't made an extensive effort at it yet, but I'm sure it's difficult) designers fail in their attemps to make an FM fit into the atmosphere of the original Thief missions. It almost seems one can't make it properly in a different atmosphere (Ranstall Keep succeeded..), at least not without making Taffers like me queasy in the stomach And because of this many FM's have made me feel not entirely at home. Sometimes it was a small nitpick that could be ignored; sometimes it was much bigger. But this FM has truly given no doubt in my mind that I am somewhere in The City, enshrined in the same place we've all grown to love (some to the point of obsession, me included: I'm always searching for the perfect atmosphere).. And this FM is Hidden in Shadows' first public release. That makes it all the more bittersweet, and his career so much more promising as a builder. So what say we give it the praise it properly deserves? I'm very very crazy when it comes to architecture, and as I've already said, this has a beautiful cityscape. We are undoubtedly in the world of Thief, and yet I don't think I've quite seen the same use in other FM's, giving him a unique style, and one that is ok'ed by this Taffer . I shan't take up any more of your time, but please, if you haven't previously played The Royal Garmyth, look it up at The Keep of Metal and Gold or Thief: The Circle of Stone and Shadow and give it just a moment -- yea, just a moment of your time -- because that's all that it takes to see the promise in this new designer. Support him anyway you can because I for one want to see his name pop up again

May thine victims' skull be soft and not damage thy Blackjack,

deadman.

This has been a Dancing Zombie Production®©.
    Last edited by deadman; 5th Jun 2002 at 12:05.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast