TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 77

Thread: Darkness Falls: The Royal Garmyth (T2) Final Out (March 4, 2002)

  1. #51
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2001
    Location: Blackpool, England
    Deadman, I agree it is an excellent mission.... indeed it's been a year for excellent missions so far (may that trend long continue).

  2. #52
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2001
    Location: 0x0x0
    I played RG about a month ago. I thought it was great.


  3. #53
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: House of Sand and Fog
    Originally posted by Taliesin
    Deadman, I agree it is an excellent mission....
    Thanks for agreeing.. I only wished more people read/replied to this thread. I really wanted to get some recognition for the designers achievements, and to point it out to taffers who haven't played it yet.. *sniff* Maybe they think I was promoting it by wishes of the designer (which I assure you I am not.. It would make me feel better if more respected it). Too bad.....

    deadman.

    p.s. Or maybe people don't like me (and I'm new too!) Anyway, thanks.

  4. #54
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: House of Sand and Fog
    Originally posted by SlyFoxx
    I played RG about a month ago. I thought it was great.
    Thanks for the comment.. Now go and tell everyone to read this post/download it and play it. More need to be subjected to it

    deadman.

  5. #55
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2001
    Location: OldDark Detox Clinic
    I agree it was a great mission. Deadman, I think you pointed something out that needs considering. These FM authors do a great deal of work, and release their FM's for free. We get to download them, play them, own them, for nothing. I'm sure that when an author of an FM releases a mission, they are at least hoping for some praise, thanks, and recognition, if not holding their breath for it. It must be disheartening if an FM author gets socked, or just as bad, ignored. Here's a grateful thank you to all FM authors for hours of enjoyment and intrigue.
    I felt parts of the mission seemed like the outdoors part of Constantine's mansion, and other parts felt like Shipping...and Receiving. It also had some flavours of LOTP, city part to it. Yes, you are right, this was a great mission, and the author deserves praise for it.
    To Hidden In Shadows I say, very well done, excellent mission, and thank you!

  6. #56
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2000
    Location: Sweden

    Hmmm...what can I say?
    I'm not very good with words...but...thank you. This all makes me feel warm. I can't thank you people enough for playing and saying your word. It's always as fun to read that someone has played TRG as I believe is with other authors when they hear people have played what they've worked so much for. What Uncadonego said is true, praise is indeed that which gives us even more motivation to continue. But, naturally we search for well grounded praise and critique. At least I, for I can only speak for myself in this world of men, think that it's very important that those who praise that they don't hype. (I'm not saying anyone does, but anyway)

    What I mean is that you can tell us just what you feel about a certain mission, or at least you can tell me because once again I can't speak for everyone. But I think many have the same paths of thought in this matter. We want to hear it all, if possible. If you think something's bad you can go right ahead and tell it. But also if you think that somethings great, well, you can tell that too.
    Well, I'm not all that good writing these nice here posts but I hope you understood something of what I said. I didn't want to sound discouraging or anything if you took it like that. All I'm saying is that be honest. Praise when you feel like it and criticize when there is need. That way everyone knows and some things can be made better.
    You know this post is starting to sound very formal to me now so...thanks to you all very much. I can't even begin to describe the good feeling that I get from reading your words. Very encouraging.

    /Hidden In Shadows

  7. #57
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: House of Sand and Fog
    Originally posted by Hidden in shadows
    criticize when there is need.
    Too short

    deadman.

  8. #58
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: House of Sand and Fog
    Originally posted by uncadonego
    I agree it was a great mission. Deadman, I think you pointed something out that needs considering.
    Thanks.. Directly I was trying to get anyone who enjoyed TRG to come out of the shadows (and some exposure for those who haven't played it) but indirectly I meant just what you said: Giving FM authors some recognition and praise for their many hours of toil with sometimes unsatisfying results. (and all basically for our enjoyment) I seem to have failed to bring any attention to The Royal Garmyth, but at least I succeeded in getting some well-deserved praise, and I hope it will help Hidden in Shadows persevere when they sometimes feel designing FMs is a fruitless venture.

    I wrote this because I think some of the architecture is stunning and unique.. And I want to see more of it. If this helps in any way I'll feel a little less guilty for taking up the time of the author (the long nights and spare hours) .. Thanks for reading.

    deadman.

  9. #59
    Ghost
    Registered: Aug 2003

    Looking for secret

    [Folks]

    I fulfilled all the objectives (except for returning), but I only have three of the four secrets, and I haven't found anywhere to use my rope arrow yet. These two conundrums may be intertwined.

    Let's see... I frobbed an unlit torch to open (I think) a crawlspace; I opened a grating in the dirt in the Officer's Garden; and I flipped a switch in a room that opened a slot in the floor with lots of loot and a note from some lieutenant about a plot by his sergeant and two other guys under his command. So which one am I missing, and would that account for the missing 195 loot?

    And where do I use that piece of equipment mentioned in paragraph 1?

    I was able to stack crates and climb up through the hole in the ceiling next to the glass door, near the two patrolling guards and the stationary guard (near the street with the spiders and all the boxes). But now that I'm up here, I can't get onto any of the surrounding walls, and I can't find anything to do up here. Ack!

    Thanks,

    Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 7th Dec 2003 at 04:34.

  10. #60
    Member
    Registered: May 2003
    I can tell you where to use that piece of equipment you asked for: Itīs near the spot with the sewer spiders in a dark alley with a barrel on the left side. Look up and you see what I am referring to! But you will need to stack some crates too!

    But nevertheless I have got the same problem: I canīt find the fourth secret! Perhaps somebody can help here?

  11. #61
    Member
    Registered: May 2003

    4th secret found!!!

    I found it! The last secret is hidden in the sewers. Exactly in the room where you go down by the stairs in the small inn at the rear wall. Thereīs a metal floor panel in the wall where you get a lot of flares and some fire and water arrows. So much for that :-)

  12. #62
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2004

    short of loot

    well i guess its a pretty intriguing mission but so dark...

    Ive managed to blackjack all guards and found both the key and Garmyth but I cant find enough loot cause i only got like 1254. the last loot i got were three crystal in a box

  13. #63

    Back to the beginning

    I have completed this mission, but my loot count is not very high. On reading this thread I realised I have missed stacks of things. Will play again.
    Thanks to Dafydd ( welsh?) Florian and everone else. There is much more to one than meets the eye.

    Mary

  14. #64
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2004
    Location: namedrocalypse
    I'm surely I would would agree with you and such, but with my short attention span and--- Holy S**, a squirrel!

    *Chases squirrel*

    *Races back after 30 seconds*


    Oh...right, yeah, good mission.

  15. #65
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2000
    Location: The Bardo
    i am in the middle of this mission right now and it is f*cking awesome!!

    I mean, wow~! I am espeically impressed with the use of sound/music throughout the mission. Really very very well done!!


  16. #66
    Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: The Great White North
    thought the city areas were top notch, but seemed mostly there to provide a place for a loot hunt as that the other missions goals can be totally finished without going to town. had a scary moment running from a blue coat where i wanted back into a small passage, but the barrel outside it was blocking me.

  17. #67
    Archivist
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Museum of the Ancients

    Underrated

    Just found out the new version of the Royal Garmyth. Even when it i saw it was only an italian translation, I replayed it this evening.

    This time I explored a large new large part, perhaps more then half, of the mission because I forgot to open the backyard door the previous time

    This, and playing on expert, made me enjoy the mission even more this time.

    An excellent atmosphere, thanks to the soundtracks from the original Thief 2 missions, well hidden loot (finding the golden dices was fun ) and the mission really comes to life thanks to all the background information (journals) about the arrival of the Royal Garmyth, the influence this has on the employees in the harbour and the darkness.
    Good idea Janne, to set the location of your mission in the high north (scandinavia), it gives this mission just a little bit extra background.

    Also some well thought situations, like the wooden beam that blocks a passage. I felt the need of smashing it (everyone has when notices that), but if I did I would've waked the sleeping guard in a room nearby

    The absence of any custom resources is not missed. It's a mission with a well designed warehouse area in the style of Shipping and Recieving, without any superfluous detail. All the crate mantling, hidden equipment, ladders, metal doors, the familar guards, it brings back a lot of memories to one of my favorite original missions.

    The only thing I really miss is that there's no harbour and no ship. The scroll I read about the ship that transported the Royal Garmyth (it's departure, the journey, happenings on board) really made me want to explore it. Perhaps an idea for a prequel?
    A good layout, exploration (from roof to sewer), good story, except for a few minor bugs there is nothing to complain about.
    I agree that this mission is underrated, It deserves a higher score then the 6 it has been given at the circle.
    One of the better warehouse fanmissions available!

    Difficulty: Expert
    Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes, 24 seconds
    Loot found: 3338 of 3338
    Secrets found: 4 out of 4

  18. #68
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom
    Just found out the new version of the Royal Garmyth. Even when it i saw it was only an italian translation, I replayed it this evening.

    This time I explored a large new large part, perhaps more then half, of the mission because I forgot to open the backyard door the previous time

    This, and playing on expert, made me enjoy the mission even more this time.

    An excellent atmosphere, thanks to the soundtracks from the original Thief 2 missions, well hidden loot (finding the golden dices was fun ) and the mission really comes to life thanks to all the background information (journals) about the arrival of the Royal Garmyth, the influence this has on the employees in the harbour and the darkness.
    Good idea Janne, to set the location of your mission in the high north (scandinavia), it gives this mission just a little bit extra background.

    Also some well thought situations, like the wooden beam that blocks a passage. I felt the need of smashing it (everyone has when notices that), but if I did I would've waked the sleeping guard in a room nearby

    The absence of any custom resources is not missed. It's a mission with a well designed warehouse area in the style of Shipping and Recieving, without any superfluous detail. All the crate mantling, hidden equipment, ladders, metal doors, the familar guards, it brings back a lot of memories to one of my favorite original missions.

    The only thing I really miss is that there's no harbour and no ship. The scroll I read about the ship that transported the Royal Garmyth (it's departure, the journey, happenings on board) really made me want to explore it. Perhaps an idea for a prequel?
    A good layout, exploration (from roof to sewer), good story, except for a few minor bugs there is nothing to complain about.
    I agree that this mission is underrated, It deserves a higher score then the 6 it has been given at the circle.
    One of the better warehouse fanmissions available!

    Difficulty: Expert
    Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes, 24 seconds
    Loot found: 3338 of 3338
    Secrets found: 4 out of 4
    Linky pretty please.

  19. #69

  20. #70
    bikerdude
    Guest

    play it again sam....

    Im gonna play it again to remind myself what i enjoyed about it the last time.

    biker

  21. #71
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2006
    Thank you - I guess I could have actually searched for it.

  22. #72
    New Member
    Registered: May 2005
    Location: Toronto, Canada
    How do I get to the
    spoiler:
    street with the 2 guys patrolling and the glass door? I have been through the warehouse near the beginning, the inn/library area and the area with the garmouth and the guards downstairs
    and I am stuck. Any help would be appreciated

    Thanks

  23. #73
    Moderator
    Registered: May 2000
    Location: Thunder Bay, On., Canada
    I'm not sure if this is the area you mean but it might be. You go into the pub and through into the back room with the stairs to the upper floor and a statue. Don't go up the stairs. Walk along beside them and go into the little storage nook on the right. Flip the torch on the wall and a small secret door will open in the other wall. If you explore out there, there is a street with 2 guards and a glass door. Whether it's the one you're looking for or not, I don't know.

  24. #74
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2004

    Can't find a way out

    Jumped over the wall, where the well is out and can't get out. Can someone help? Went back and stacked boxes on barrel and climbed back over wall. I'm a little slow sometimes.
    Last edited by marker98; 7th Feb 2014 at 21:16. Reason: found way out. LOL

  25. #75
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2007
    Location: Sweden
    I have missed this one. Nice with one more fm to my collection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •