TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Events In Highrock 2000.06.01

Will this level ever end ?

Finally got more than the required loot and eventually killed the Mage. And he was hard to kill. The flash bombs did nothing. Nor did the mines. Clubbing him was pointless. The only thing that drew blood was the sword. So I hacked and hacked and hacked, with a lot of hiding between hacks.

So now I have this horn to deal with. I soon end up on the other side of the lake, grab a pole, presumably to row back to the beginning side of the lake, after reading some obscure message on a thin pointy pillar thingy, talking about LGS ???

The only unanswered question I can relate this to is that floating skull at the draw bridge, which has disappeared. Plus I can't gain access to the ladder taking me up towards where the skull used to be. Am I getting warm ? I've already tried blowing the horn all over the place. I've tried going back to my apartment. Level still won't end.

Don't go back to your apartment. Go partway back, to the crevasse with lava running along the bottom. If you look carefully, there's a hole waaaay down by the lava at one end. You need to get down in there, and it can be tough. (Hint: there's a layer of soil on top of the rock that will hold a rope arrow.)

I've done that already. Found the pedestal and placed the horn on it. Got transported to the other side of the lake. Walked around. Killed some spiders. Found a "pole" to use with a raft Got to the original side of the lake. Now what ?

The room you were transported into has two statues. Check behind them for notes, read what you find, then go into the other room and you'll find 3 chests. (This isn't a very rewarding quest, by the way, but once you trigger the objective, you have to do it.)

Finally....and it took 2 pages of questions and answers to finish this one. Many thanks Nightwalker and everyone else who assisted me.

Now I have to go back to Calendra's Cistern to do that part I missed with re-assembling the body for the talking head.

Finished on Normal in one hour and 53 minutes with 1968 of 3583 total loot. If I remember correctly, I once began a playthrough of Events In Highrock around ten years ago, but did not finish it. I remembered the "mannequins" in the shop window and the Cunny objective being pretty much broken because it requires the player to stand in a very specific spot which is easily missed.

I appreciate the story, the scope and the variety of environments of this mission. Also one of the earliest in which the player interacts with NPCs in scripted sequences. The architecture is great, though it has some of the rough edges typical of early Thief fan missions. The solutions to some objectives were a bit too difficult for me: I needed hints on where to find the smuggled weapons and how to get into the Hammerite compound.

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    This mission is full of great and weird ideas, hidden objectives and whatnot. Excellent. On expert, it's also a difficult loot hunt. Well, that's how you stumble on the hidden stuff. Replay value: Highrock
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 9th Mar 2019 at 06:04.

This was one of the first missions I ever played. It brings back very fond memories indeed. It seemed to go on forever, but kept me excited throughout. Very tough to find all the loot. Even to this day there are hidden stuff I never knew about. Like the switch in the first room. It makes me want to replay it right now.

I went back and now found the empty, hidden compartment in the first room as well as some magic lucky coins. Is there a purpose for both of these in difficulty levels above Normal?

The lucky coins
    find a beggar in town, you know what to do when you find him
    This objective should be available on all difficulties.

what should i do with the beggar? and where can i get the tetragonal picklock?

The Triangle lockpick is on the desk in the room where you start

The Square lockpick is on the bed in the room where you start.

As for the beggar give him the lucky coins that you also find in the room where you start.

i gave teh coins to the beggar, but nothing happens ??????

Oops. Sorry I forgot to check the walkthrough.

The beggar quest is buggy (but maybe it was a design decision), the script fails to work if you drop the lucky coins in the bowl, you need to throw the coins into the bowl.
    Last edited by fortuni; 10th Mar 2019 at 09:36.

i throw the coins in the bowl besides the beggar

I found it a bit buggy before, IIRC I once had to get into a sweet spot before throwing the coins, so it's worth playing around with, but in the end I always got it to work.

Ps. The voice script triggered by this action can take a while to trigger, but check you inventory, IIRC you don't get the 'loot' collected noise but the Horn does go into your inventory regardless.

The coin is a key, use it as a tool on the bowl close to the beggar. Once you get the horn after the conversation, frob it to be sure. You get a new objective.

It should work. Don't save or load in the conversation. Patience for about 10s.

i put the coins on the bowl but there starts no conversation and therfore also no new obejective

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    i put the coins on the bowl
    What exactly are you doing? Step-by-step.

There's convict.osm in the T1/TG root folder. Give me some informations about it (size, date)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12