TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Help with Ufo v1 needed! (Spoiler warning!)

Help with Ufo v1 needed! (Spoiler warning!)

Are there any weapons at all in this FM? Those aliens freak me out

How do I open the chest in the middle of this picture?
    spoiler:
    Where is the key?

Have trouble finding all the loot, have a total of 7662 right now, any tips on places that I could have missed? Have only 1 key at the moment, which leads to the end of the mission..

I have got nowhere near as far as you. I am in the first large house with the alien patrolling the outside.....just after seeing the ufo.
    I can't find any way of opening the two gates in the lower area with the lava pit...down the stairs....and also I can't find a key to open the wooden chest in the room up the stairs.

I've just been playing this one today and am in the exact same position (7200 loot at the end). There seem to be no weapons but then the AI is hardly challenging.

I have searched everywhere for loot but am still way short. Sorry no help at all. NW have you played this one???

I have played a few of JIS's levels and sometimes wonder if you can finish them.....

Oops forgot to say, couldn't open one wooden chest or access the prison. Did you manage that?

Oops again!

I should try reading the thread before contributing. The two gates are opened by switches on the wall of the room off a room just before the stairs. Hope that assists.

I've only played a couple of the Japanese missions and this isn't one of them, I'm afraid. I doubt I'd have anymore success with it than you guys are. If I try it, I'll probably be asking YOU for help!

I decided to give this mission a try and I actually really liked it. I'm still short on loot, though, as well. I have 7950 and I need 8931 to finish. The end screen says that there is 9637 available, so I've obviously missed a big stash somewhere. There are 2 chests that I've never found a way to open, one in a cave down by the lava and one in a bunk room in the house. Has anyone opened either of them? I even tried to smash the one in the cave open with a boulder, but it didn't work.

I'm going to comb it again for more loot. Has anyone found enough to complete this one??

I found a bit more loot so I'm now at 8200, but that's it. I don't know where else to look, so I hope someone else comes up with some more.

I would like to know if anyone got into the gray cave by the wooden bridge over the Lava? I have made it to the rock near it but can't make the jump. Also is there anything in there if I make it? Do I need some of these rocks laying around? I did get into the other red cave but went back to a save because I didn't have the key then. I have been all over and have 7211 loot so far. Also the key so any help now would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You can rope arrow down to those caves, Hawklette. There are pieces of wood sticking out of the mine cars that sit just above each of the holes. They hold a rope arrow.

Has any one out there finished this mission? This thread seems to have died out and I know I'm stuck. Does anyone know if the designer can be contacted? I am at the top of the large red hole and have entered the Keepers house. There are three doors in this area and only the one to the house is open. Let me know if any one has figured this one out. Thanks

Just an update for future reference. Thanks to Peter Smith, I now have a complete lootlist for this mission, so anyone who wants it can e-mail me.

Gone, but never forgotten
    Nightwalker,

I want because I don't find to open always how 2 wooden safes, and I'd like to end this fm.

Lady Jo - You cannot get into the two chests. The missing treasure is scattered in other areas. I will send you my list, though I don't know how well it will translate.

Vous ne pouvez pas entrer dans les deux coffres(poitrines). Le trésor manquant(disparu) est dispersé dans d'autres secteurs. Je vous enverrai ma liste, quoique je ne sache(connaisse) pas comment bien il traduira.

(Translation courtesy of Gist )
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 7th Jun 2002 at 17:02.

I was enjoying this slightly unusual mission until I got the to Keeper's house and realized I still only had 7026 of the required 8931 in loot. None of it is hidden in unfair places, it is just so much everywhere, it is easy to miss a gem in a crevice or a bottle in a corner. Thanks to Peter Smith's loot list, I was able to complete the mission half on hour later. My time on Newbie difficulty was 1 hour and 15 minutes. I got 9026 of the 9637 loot in the mission. I suspect some that I missed is in one of the two chests I could not open: one in a cave down by the lava and one in a bunk room in the castle.

The level architecture in UFO looks great! JIS was a talented author. Missions where you don't have any weapons might not be everyone's up of tea, but I liked it here. My personal best moment in this mission was when I managed to sneak by the alien guarding the switch in the basement. Later on, I rejoiced loudly when the small spider near the UFO drowned itself in the puddle of water next to it. That thing had forced me to go the long way around it for over an hour. Lastly, the climb back up to the City was unexpected and a great area to end the mission in.