TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: FM Shadow Business question

MenemThief

FM Shadow Business question

One single question:
    Where is the Hand of Glory?

I think Iīve already looked everywhere, but I canīt find this thing. I have completed the other objetives, but this one is driving me crazy.

Congratulations to the guy who made this... Itīs a very good challenge.

I have the same problem - I can't find the Hand of Glory ... Help!

Yes! I'm thrilled to see people are playing this brilliantly designed mansion mission! This FM has to win my "favorite mission that never gets mentioned" award. OK boys, The Hand of Glory is not found until you get to the very end. Have y'all rope arrowed up from the courtyard area to the room with the drunken guard? Because half the upstairs is inaccessable by conventional means...

One word of advice in this one is to conserve your specialty arrows as there are just barely enough to finish the mission.
    "That I an accessary needs must be
    To that sweet thief which sourly robs from me."
    William Shakespeare, sonnet 35

I must have missed it...

Spamlet -

I did make it into the room with the drunken guard by "unconventional" means -
    I bashed the door down with the sword (not very thieflike, but I was getting VERY
    frustrated at not finding at not finding the Hand of Glory). I thought I picked up
    everything in those rooms, but I guess I missed it. Is it in the same room as the
    drunken guard, or is it in the bedroom with the chest containing the Gas Arrow?

Thanks for the assist!

Sorry I hadn't played in quite awhile so that was the wrong area. It is upstairs, though. It's in the bedroom which has a guard by another gong (across from the library/meeting room) but I'm pretty sure you have to get the key from the outdoors bunker area. Does any of this sound familiar? If not you may not have accessed this wing of the place. Did you ring the gong (yes the one when you first come in)? It doesn't occur to everyone to do so, since it goes against being sneaky, but in this mission it actually helps to do so. It might even be necessary to do that in order to complete it, but I'm not sure. Try that and let me know if you still can't finish.

I found it!

Here's where the Hand of Glory is: (Spoiler)

spoiler:
    In the office adjacent to the bedroom (the one behind the guard near the gong) cut down the banner behind the desk.

I'm going to play The Bear Pits next.

Just be aware when you play bear pits that it and it's sequel are fun but that it will take you probably about 7-10 hours to get to the point in the 3rd part of the series (Oblivion) to discover that the mission is completely unfinishable. If you, like me, didn't know that up until that point then you'd see how that could be insanely infuriating. I was ready to stab someone but don't worry, I didn't.

I found the chest behind the banner but I can't open it. Also, I can't hear Garrett trying any of his keys or lockpicks on the chest. Is this a bug?