TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "Calendra's Legacy" official release (April 1st, 2002)

There are 5 ways into Murkbell from the Lampfire Hills side. In order of difficulty from easiest to most difficult they are:

spoiler:

1) Climb a vine near Murkbell Gate
    2) Traverse the Sewers
    3) Crawl through a bathroom to an attic
    4) Navigate Arkhyn's Tomb
    5) A bonus route discovered (I think) by either Crypto or Peter Smith

You will find there is almost always at least 2 ways of doing things in this mission pack...and yes, difficulty settings make a world of difference.

Some magic items are only available on certain difficulty settings and some quests are only available on certain settings. Be not dismayed that you'll miss out if you don't play the "right" setting. There is plenty to do no matter what you choose.
    "Expect my visit when the darkness comes. The night I think is best for hiding all." -Ouallada
    Frolick at the Pub www.purah.com

Hmm... #4 on your list brings up a question, Purah

spoiler:
    How do you finish (and open up) Arkhyn's Tomb? I made it to the final room, messed with him a while, managed to get all his treasure and get out of there unscathed. I opened up the surface stone plug, from below at that, though I noticed it could be opened from above as well, but there's a secondary door down below (right above the "altar") that won't open (and emits poisonous gas from above). I tried hitting him with holy water arrows and they seemed to be doing nothing, I don't seem to really have anything else that can do anything useful against him. Oh, incidently, one of the times he became active when I was near him, I apparently tried to frob him and the game crashed to Windows. I didn't try to repeat the glitch at the time...

spoiler:
    you have to slay the lich to open the door...if you've been a studious taffer and read your books you'll know how to slay him...otherwise you'll have to backtrack out of the tomb.
    "Expect my visit when the darkness comes. The night I think is best for hiding all." -Ouallada
    Frolick at the Pub www.purah.com

I should add that most of the books in all missions should be read carefully, since there are clues which if you don't get, will increase the level of difficulty for that mission. 'Nuff said

I would like to say that this is a great FM! Many praises to everybody invloved.
    Now i would like to know
    spoiler:
    what is that Ultra Violet Ultimate Truth thingy? I have found no use for it.

spoiler:
    That thing is a way cool device used to get past an alarm system that is an objective on expert. You'll love it when you see it in action.

spoiler:
    yes, but that's not the device's ONLY use

Now that the dust from yesterday has settled, an explanation and an apology is in order.

A couple of days ago, Purah and I did a transfer of what was at that time the final zip, which I was going to split and upload to Epithumia (Jason). I booted up Thief II for a final walk-through and found a serious bug in one mission that would crash Thief II under the wrong set of circumstances. Purah fixed it and sent me an updated mission file rather than the whole zip, since we had done 2 transfers already at 25KB/s on a 330 meg file. I refreshed the zip, and checked it with DarkLoader. Everything appeared fine at this point, but what I didn't know was that DarkLoader does not check CRCs from the zip, and the refresh caused one large movie file to change. Strangely enough, it played and looked fine on my system. So I split the file and uploaded to Jason.

At Jason's end, he reconstructed the zip and unzipped it with winzip, which showed a corrupt file inside the zip at his end. He confirmed that DarkLoader would not complain about this and would unpack the mission, so at that point we felt it was an internal zip error in the file compression table. He set to work on rebuilding the zip using the files that DarkLoader had unpacked. After further examination of the movie it was discovered that the avi was actually corrupted, so KoMaG sent him a good copy (120 meg at 12KB/s) from his official release. Jason then rebuilt the zip, split it, and put it up on his site.

I then downloaded the zip, expanded it and did an MD5 comparison with the very first (pre-modified) zip that Purah sent me, and also with the updated mission file. All checksums are the same. When unzipped, the download files match exactly the distribution that KoMaG has, so everything is as it should be.

I'd like to apologize to everyone for the delay that was caused by me not checking the CRC on the refreshed zip. I'd also like to thank Jason and KoMaG for the work they did last night, if it wasn't for their efforts this thing would have been delayed a couple more days.

I'd also like to apologize to Lurox and others, whom I didn't respond to last night, since we decided to keep quiet about what we were doing until the problem was properly fixed.

Crypto

Quote Originally Posted by Purah
    There are 5 ways into Murkbell from the Lampfire Hills side. In order of difficulty from easiest to most difficult they are:
    1) Climb a vine near Murkbell Gate
    2) Traverse the Sewers
    3) Crawl through a bathroom to an attic
    4) Navigate Arkhyn's Tomb
    5) A bonus route discovered (I think) by either Crypto or Peter Smith

Hehe. I forgot about 3 and 5.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Mar 2012 at 15:00.

Calendra's Legacy - THANK YOU GOD!

BIG Thumbs up to Team Calendra! I'm D/Ling now, I'm so pumped for this shit...sorry. I desperately need something to tide me over till ARX and Morrowind are in my hands, and this will do nicely. I'm definitely reviewing this FM after I play it . I will of course, not be prejudiced against it (which would be positive prejudice anyway).

And so it begins...the big Thief projects are coming:

Thievery UT

The Circle of Stone and Shadow

Thief 2X

and...eventually...

The Fall of Varanok: Radindale (this winter or autumn, Northern Hemisphere time)

Well, TFV is not 100% Thief but it will certainly play like it (we hope to add light gems for the Stealth skill in Morrowind...we'll have to wait and see what we can do with the editor...er, I better stop rambling...).

CoSaS, TUT and T2X better be here soon...

In summary: CL is going to rock your world, taffer.

Calendra's Legacy

I just finished the download, I guess I won't do much posting for a while, been waiting anxiously for this one. I will surely be back if I need a little push. Bye all and good hunting to all.

"There Is No Honor Among Theives!!"

Quote from old Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, Dungeon Master's Guide

Footpad:

I run the file I downloaded (Calendra v1a.exe) and I think there's a problem...

I use winrar.

The status bar is as follows -

extracting calendras_legacy_v1a.ZIP
    ! the required volume is absent.
    CRC failed in calendras_legacy_v1a.ZIP

Is that the download?

How many files have you downloaded?
    There's 18 in total... and they're labeled CL_v1a.exe, CL_v1a.r00, CL_v1a.r01,... CL_v1a.r16

You need all of them, the filenames should be as they are when you download them, and they all have to be in the same subdirectory. If you have all of these, then just double-click on the exe instead of opening them up with winrar.

If you have a corrupted file or if you don't have all of them the exe will complain at that spot in the dialog box.

If you're getting that message right at the start, it's probably CL_v1a.exe that its complaining about.

Also, if you've downloaded and are using the 3 files that were available prior to this thing being official, then you have to get rid of those 3 and download the new ones since the archive was changed.

I corrected this problem now...

I am on darkloader, I click on install I wait for 2 minutes.
    Then, considering what could be wrong, I pressed the usual ctrl-alt-delete.
    It says "no response".
    I reboot.
    I try again. "No response" again.

What could be wrong now? I have latest darkloader, 1.08 I think. Please help!

DarkLoader is VERY sluggish with this thing... it takes quite some time before anything happens at all. This file is huge! Reboot, try again (click Install Only instead of Play) and give it a few minutes. It takes about a minute or two on my P3 750 with 640 megs of ram.

Purah recommends a fresh reboot once you have done this, as this thing pushes the limits of Thief II.

Quote Originally Posted by Footpad
    "There Is No Honor Among Theives!!"

Quote from old Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, Dungeon Master's Guide

Footpad:
    I know that book..oh yeah..it's right here.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Mar 2012 at 15:01.

darkloader....

OK - I had the same drkldr problem - however, after rebooting etc. I just decided to wait patiently and voila!! So maybe this will help you - if you hear your pc groaning just let it groan it will happen! OH MY GOD this is soooo much fun! Thank you Merci Danke you guys did it - this is amazing, from the opening screen to standing in the rain, I just howled at the moon! I'm soaking wet now but having a blast thanks team Calendra!!!!

You'll also have to unload it if you want to Dromed. (or easier yet, make a backup of the Dark.cfg, throw it in T2 file to Drom while saving the CL Dark.cgf in a backup folder).

4 hour download on DSL

Got it. Took longer than I expected.

BANNED
    BTW, I want to pubicly thank (yes that's a typo but it's kinda funny so I left it)
    Heh - judging by how much female flesh is showing throughout the mission I'm not sure that typo was unintentional

Just played some of it!

It took only 30 minutes to download.....WITH A BROADBAND CONNECTION!

I just played the first mission in the game, and started the second one. The second one is hard so far, and I'm playing it on easy skill level.

Team Calendra---I give you 20 freaking Gold Hammers for this mission! It's awesome!

I'd recommend anyone with a modem to purchase the CD. They're only charging for the materials and mailing, so it's a bargain. If you have T1-T3, DSL, or Broadband connection, download it NOW! I'm so impressed with this mission.

curse this 56k

I got the file tonight with my Verizon DSL. I was busy chatting up a young lady on IRC so I forget to pay attention to the time but it wasn't that long. Excellent work in getting this monster posted to a good server. Now the fun begins

Am I missing something or is
    spoiler:
    the lich supposed to get up? Like an idiot, I touched the necklace and was teleported back to the beginning of the tomb where I was pelted by firebolts. Made my way back to continue, but I'm stuck. He's still lying there although I expected him to get up when the floor sunk. Don't I have to kill him to continue?

Never mind. It finally lit up so I could frob it.

Umm, there's a wacko running around wearing a barrel. Hehe . . . a sense of humor.
    Last edited by Aurore; 3rd Apr 2002 at 14:25.

Need help with vault in Calendra's Legacy

I've really enjoyed the mission so far. I guess it was worth downloading half a day! I played CC about one and a half years ago and it's great playing CL now.

Now my question:
    spoiler:
    How do you get out of the chamber with the firing skull? How do you leave the vault?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast