TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "Calendra's Legacy" official release (April 1st, 2002)

Your questions are a little vague. Are they about the first mission? If so, have you already gotten the loot and are you just looking for a way out?? Post more details and one of us will help out.

Yes, I'm in the first mission. The skull shoots at me immediately when I enter the room. I could grap some of the loot on the grave but not all of it. This thing kills me pretty quickly. Do I need to grap all of the loot to get out??

spoiler:
    Kill the skull before he kills you.

-Theef

spoiler:
    There is a hint in the book with the clues about the tomb that tells you the skull is vulnerable to holy water. It takes 4 or 5 direct hits to destroy it, so keep plugging away. Then you can go in, collect the loot and frob the little rock over in the corner. That opens a hatch above the center altar and drops a bunch of big boulders. Put one of the boulders on top of the altar and stand on it to jump up to the ladder. The hatch WON'T open until the skull is destroyed. There is another way out, though. Go back to the room with the 4 doors. One of the doors transports you back to the area just inside the big boulder door. Walk back down the hallway and use the rock slab to weigh down the first pressure plate. (Up the hall, before you get to the one that triggers the fire arrows.) That opens the boulder door so you can exit the way you came in. Get as much loot as you can, for supplies in the next mission.

Thanx Theef! The problem was that I only had three water arrows left, which was not enough to kill the thing...

Thanx Nightwalker!

Here's something you can try, von Bornland.
    spoiler:
    It is possible to "ghost" the skull room, as long as he's not already been alerted. Have you got a save before you went in? If so, put a moss arrow down on the threshhold of the room (I don't know if that's necessary, but it works for me) DON'T look at the skull. Jump over the theshold into the room, go to the left, facing the wall and looking at the floor. Move very slowly along the wall to the corner and up the side wall, keeping your eyes on the floor until you're just behind the skull. Don't go all the way to the corner rock, or the skull reacts. Then, very carefully, you can collect all the loot without triggering the skull. Just make sure you move slowly and don't get too close or your health will start to diminish. Also, DO NOT touch the bone that lights up by the skull. That triggers him. Then sneak out and use the way I mentioned above to get out the same way you got in.

What shall I say? I'm a little stunned. First I thought the authors hadn't considered the possibility of not having enough water arrows (which I would have forgiven them). But hey, they even build in a "back door". Awesome work!

Calendra's Legacy ACT 2

Well you've guessed it. I'm stuck in "ACT 2".

spoiler:
    I need key to open the museum vault. (do I need that ruby scouting orb thingie if I find that key?). And I also need key for that cellar door in the catherdral (assuming that the Cylix is there).

That about covers it
    -Izeman "Temperature is a state of mind"

The museum vault key is located on the belt of the guard inside the musem who carries a lanter. And you don't need a key for the cellar since you have the cylix, and you are suppose to deliver it to the Cardinal's room and not the cellar. One of the rooms in the cathedral is the room you are looking for.

Well I quess I need to find that guard then (corpse).
    I have delivered that Cylix already but now apparently I need it back
    I just tought it might be in the cellar. (that chute goes to the cellar right?)
    -Izeman "Temperature is a state of mind"

Yes that's where the chute goes. The Cardinal did say "he was under foot". Go back to your rented room to understand what you need to do next.

NightWalkers rad, I never found the
    spoiler:
    back door out of tomb

Calendra's Legacy Question

As everybody knows Calendra's Legacy has being released i would like to download but it too big to do so

Why us people with dial up connection's have to suffer just because FM's like this are so big and would take too long

Please you guys who design big FM's like these please consider dial up users and don't put unessaly crap like movies and custom sound files as these increase the file size is not worth it

In the future will FM's designers please release a lite version of a big Fm such as a 3 Fm
    pack

Anybody with suggestions would great

Whoa there buddy . First of all we're sitting on our posteriors downloading somebodys hard work for nothing , I don't think a little download time is something to start moaning about . Second , it's just a tad ungrateful to start using words like crap to describe missions that are , in some cases , better than the originals we paid money for . Get a good download manager and take a pill .

Attn: Mr. Italiano

RE: Download whining

In a previous thread, the file size of CL has been discussed to death. I've got broadband, and I offered to send a free copy of CL on CD to the first dialup person to send me email saying, "Hey Theef, I need CL and I've got crappy dialup. Can you help a brother out?" Had you responded to that message, I'd have sent you one. Do you want a copy? We can work out postage and whatnot later. Just let me know. No reason to "suffer". But then, you probably wouldn't want this mission. Not with all that "crap" in there. Right?

-Theef

Quite frankly, all I can say is that if you don't want to take the time to download it or spend the money to get the CD, that is your choice. Nobody is making you do either. This mission is fantastic, contains NO CRAP and is well worth the time to download it or the money to get the CDs. Komag makes no profit on these and only does it as a service for people like you who have slow connections. All you pay is what it costs him for the CD and shipping. A number of people have also taken a lot of time and trouble to break the mission down into pieces of more manageable size so downloading is easier and most of us are grateful for the time and effort that has gone into this.

Thiefmissions.com

I just don't see how the mission is "too big to download". Even at 28K it would take less than two days, and we even went to the trouble of offering a version split into smaller chunks. Yes, there are plenty of folks with modems downloading the thing right now. If you had started when it was released you'd have it by now.

If you don't think the mission will be good enough to justify you spending that much time downloading it, then that's your choice. If you don't think it's worth paying Komag to mail you a CD, or taking other people up on their gracious offers to send you a CD, then that's your choice. But, then, why come here and complain about your choices? Telling someone to butcher the product of a big chunk of their life (that they're giving to all of us for free, no less) simply because you choose not to invest some time or a few bucks is patently offensive.

Besides, it's not as if there aren't any other missions to play. Making Tracks, for instance.
    - J<

Originally posted by Purah
    Having just read Lurox's thread I decided to set some stuff straight so there's no shock when the size of the file hits the proverbial fan.

First off, I do not intend to release the mission seperately from the movies...sorry. It's not going to happen. Why? Well, frankly it would be a grave injustice to Lazarus who did all five movies and slaved for months doing them. Secondly, Calendra's Legacy has a STORY to it, which becomes confusing and unimportant w/o the movies.

I realize folks who get their hands on the zip can parcel it up however they wish and distribute it anyway they want but that's them. My intentions for releasing it as a complete work still stand. Do with that what you will.
    Purah
    Sorry Glenn. Komag will send CD's to Australia though so if you really want to play it aren't just venting then you could have a CD quite soon.

Cheers.
    "Expect my visit when the darkness comes. The night I think is best for hiding all." -Ouallada
    Frolick at the Pub www.purah.com

Arkyn's tomb

this thing is soo convoluted I am not sure if I am in the right spot. I came across
    spoiler:
    the room with the crown where the floor drops away and the room beyond it with a sword, mask, etc.
    Is this the tomb? It doesn't match the earlier descriptions. Luckily I have a save before I went in if I've fallen victim to Arkyn's devious deceptions. Advice ??

No, that's not the actual tomb. That's a decoy, but there is still some loot in there.
    spoiler:
    Don't try to take the necklace off of the lich, but you've probably already discovered that yourself, right? Go out of that room and back up to the corner where you turn right. On the floor is a skeleton. One of the bones is frobbbable and it will open another area for you. Eventually, you'll get to the other tomb, but you have a few things to figure out first.

Please post any further questions about CL mission 1 here
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 4th Jan 2012 at 23:49.

I just wanted to say thank you to team calendra for their hard work. And especially to you, Purah. I am in awe. The time and effort you spent to bring us this mission is an amazing act of generosity. I have waited so long for this, and its so good, I'm nearly moved to tears when i load it! Thank you.

I would like to volunteer for shipping out 3 discs: first come, first serve. That way I will be able to give a little back to the community. Email me addresses and such. I'm limiting it to 3 only, so whoever gets there first and can give me a sensible reason why they need it mailed. It wouldn't make much sense to send you one when you'll have it downloaded in 6 hours and it will take 4 days to mail it to you. That's just silly.

I reserve the right to change my mind of course, but I think 3 will get a few more out there and help start things along for those who are access-limited.

CL, what the...

Here's my question again.

Darkloader copies the files just fine, I reboot and run Thief 2, everything OK. After a nice cutscene and the store I find myself somewhere in The City, which looks gorgeous now.

The game is running smoothly and I look around a bit. Then I try strafing and...

Garrett just keeps on strafing to the right, no matter what I do. If I save and load, Garrett is still strafing to the right. When I start the mission again, everything is fine, until I try strafing again, after which Garrett starts strafing to the right indefinitely again. It doesn't matter if I try to strafe to the left or to the right, Garrett always starts strafing to the right and just won't quit it!

I tried changing bindings and Garrett started turning to the right indefinitely instead of strafing, which was even more annoying. Am I missing something painfully obvious?

Oh, and I tried it with a fresh Thief 2 install only.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast