TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "Calendra's Legacy" official release (April 1st, 2002)

Act 2:

How do I:
    spoiler:
    unlock the vault in the museum?

find the amulet and the vampyre's eye?
    unlock the cop's safe?

I was enjoying this mission before it went overboard on the you-know-fucking-whats. Do they respawn?

Theef,
    There should be some notes/books in the prison/jail (whatever that building is) that say why and where the amulet was lost. It is exactly where the clues say it was lost. Make sure to explore the area carefully, since I myself accidentally stumbled upon it, bring a flare.

By the way, does anyone know where I can find the hand of glory in act 3?

Okay, here's one to ponder. In the third mission (I'm playing on expert), there's a room in a warehouse with a healing basin, etc. Also, there's a plaque that says "SITE 0". Now, it lights up, but doesn't do anything until you use a key or lockpick on it. I've tried the Zilich on it, and it makes an unlocking sound, but I never saw any result, at least not in that room.

So is this something I should think about, or should I just try to find something else to keep me busy during the day?

Also: I second the question about the safe in Grindle's office (in the police station) (the second mission). On expert, is there a key for that safe? I thought about searching every dead cop, but with all the undead walking around, it's a daunting thought.

Finally, I'm about 200 short on loot in the third mission. I've found the hidden masks in the Grotto and picked up the odd goblet here and there...am I missing something here? I've been to a couple of warehouses, got into the pawnshop, searched every single body (which made me feel dirty inside), took out the trash and split the atom (boom), but still need ~200 to make the loot goal.

{EDIT - Well, didn't mean to give everything away, but that's what spoiler code is for, I guess. I'll edit out where I think others have answered better than I. I still wonder about the Hand of Glory, too...}
    Last edited by Silver Sorrow; 5th Apr 2002 at 21:30.

Vigilante - Your questions cover almost the whole mission! I'll give you some clues, but if you read enough of the things you find, you'll get clues to a lot of it.

Vault -
    spoiler:
    The guard carrying the lantern in the museum is wearing the vault key. If the undead are already there, then search the dead guards' bodies.

Amulet -
    spoiler:
    In the police station, there was a clue about the Amulet having been lost in the canal on the Cathedral grounds. Go and swim down the canal between the Black Die and the Cathedral. Check the bottom VERY carefully.

Vampyre Eye -
    spoiler:
    Look for the Gleeming Facet in Hillcrest Court on the map and check it out.

The safe -
    spoiler:
    Check under the chair for a key.

As for the Hand of Glory, Auriga2us, I'll leave that to someone else. I'm just playing Mission 3 now and I haven't found it yet. I don't remember where it was in the beta version, anyways.

Okay, I found the amulet and the Vampyre Eye since that post. How do I combine the eyes and the amulet?
    Last edited by Vigilante; 5th Apr 2002 at 21:36.

vigilante -
    spoiler:
    You need to find a spell book that tells you how to reassemble the Amulet. It's also needed as part of the reassembly as well as something else. Look on the shelves in the Cardinal's room in the Cathedral.

Silver Sorrow - I'll be interested to see if you get an answer to that first question myself. I couldn't figure out what to do with it, either.

As for the safe
    spoiler:
    in the beta, you had to steal Mercedes' purse and read the diary. Then you got a new objective to take her diary to the police station and leave it in the office. When you did that, the key appeared. I went to do that this time, but when I got there, the key was already under the desk. I picked it up, put down the purse with the book and the key appeared again under the chair. I was playing on Expert, by the way.

How do you steal her purse? Do I need to make her unconsious before I do that, or can this be done without using any weapons on her?

I waited so long to dowdload this mission ( 26.4 connection speed on my 56 k modem - aaaahh ) , that I played it straight through . Awesome . I love the weather , the detailed sound and lighting , just a general attention to detail and story line . Mercedes is something I never thought I would see out of the dark engine . The MDK style ending was a pleasant surprise . This is the final mission that Thief 2 should have had .

Quote Originally Posted by Auriga2us View Post
    How do you steal her purse? Do I need to make her unconsious before I do that, or can this be done without using any weapons on her?
    Just wait behind her in the room for a bit until she goes off alert status and you can pick it.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 6th Feb 2012 at 22:26.

Well, I assume since I didn't get her purse, it's impossible now. There's definitely no key in the cop's office, I've looked several time under the desk and chair. So what's there anyways?

Nothing important, so it's no big deal.

I managed to solve my loot problem in the third mission, so those of you worrying yourselves sick about it can rest easy now.

And now...off to play Making Tracks on expert (already played through on normal...love this series); next, it's CL again...this time to find some of the more esoteric stuff.

Calendra's Legacy Act 2 Question

Spoilers.....................

spoiler:
    All right!!! I've got the Ghoul's Eye, the Vampyre's Eye, the Amulet, the Spells Book, now what in the world is the third eye (the final eye), and where do I find it.

spoiler:
    Secondly, where in the world is the key to open the safe in the police station

spoiler:
    How in the world do I get my hands on the Vampyre's Blade.

Where's the amulet? I've looked all over where I'm supposed to (I think) and I can't find it. Can someone give me more specific directions?

My other problem is that I can't get into the safe in the police station. I've read all the posts on these subjects, and I still can't make any headway. Does a certain event make them go away? I'm just one of those people.... I can't drop it until I've solved it. Even though I apparantly have the answer. Please keep me from going insane.... Post the answer. Think of the children!!! Won't someone please think of the children!!!!

Stauf

PS- I can't seem to do anything with the door to the Gleaming Facet. It doesn't even light when I center over it. Are we supposed to be able to get in?
    Last edited by Stauf; 6th Apr 2002 at 04:06.

3 gold

I really really impressed. Congrats Purah. You (and the team) have accomplished something that is far beyond anything I could expect in an FM. Your level of devotion to this project is something I could never dream of giving and I thank you for it. I've only completed the 2nd mission (just threw the thing in the forge).

As always, your story writing is top notch. The level of polish is professional, the size of the mission is on the order of the OMs. The game play is fun and true to thief. The story seemless ties into the changing gameplay of the level and I was glued to my seat. The balance of gameplay too, was right on. The architecture and effects were supurb with atomsphere thick as soup. I kept stopping to shoot screenies. The AIs in several places really built up the suspension of disbelief as they went about their business; you hid the "AIPatrol path" well with their complex patrols. The cutscenes were amazing (Mercedes is hot, BTW)

... the "Thief rookie" fear has returned; and I have yet to start mission 3...

stauf - the safe -
    spoiler:
    I think you have to have Mercedes' purse to get into the safe. If you don't pickpocket it from her at the room where you meet her, your probably out of luck. The key was under the desk chair when I walked into the room, before I put down the purse, but it may have been because I had the purse. Someone else checked who hadn't gotten it and the key wasn't there. There's nothing important in there. It's not even loot.

Amulet -
    spoiler:
    I couldn't find it either, the first time. You need to swim up the canal from the Black Die towards the Cathedral. There are a couple of round holes you swim through. One of them has vines hanging down from it. Just before you swim through it, dive down and you'll see a hole on the bottom. Swim down and look in there.

Gleeming FACET - Purah got annoyed with us beta testers because we all got this wrong!
    spoiler:
    As far as I know, that was supposed to be fixed. In the beta, you couldn't get in after the undead appeared, which meant you couldn't assemble the Amulet after that point, because one of the Eyes is in there.
    I'll go check it out and maybe Purah will show up with some wisdom.

Dr. Dromed -
    spoiler:
    Have you been in Vilrath's Garden? It's very close to the Market and what you need is in there.

I did my best to explain the safe above, though Purah would have to confirm that that is correct.

What's your problem with the Vampyre Blade? Did you find the right building? Or are you already there and you just can't figure out how to actually get it. If it's the latter, then
    spoiler:
    Go up the ladder in the big room, around to the small room and frob the torch.

critical loot shortage in Act 3

So now I've completed all the other objectives (Garrett) but I still have the "find atleast 5500 loot" left to complete... And it's friggin hard cause I only got 4770 and I feel like I have searched everywhere a dozen times.. ( I hate loot-hunting)

I've found, amoung other things;

spoiler:
    the hammer storage room in the attic to one of the warehouses, I've raided the thieves hideout including Gaston's personal safe, I've found the two valuables next to the skelleton in the abyss in the south grotto, I took all the keepers' swords etc etc

I would be grateful if someone told me about other places where I can find me some loot!

-Burt

Burt, I was in the same spot yesterday. If you go into the large sitting room in Darkwatch, you'll see a ladder leaning against a bookshelf, next to two large paintings. At the top of the shelf is a frobbable book that moves one of the paintings aside, revealing a passageway that leads to a small area overlooking the library. There's a couple of chests in there, one of which has a lot of loot in it. I went from 5300 something to 6000+.

I just went and check the Gleeming Facet after the NLD and it isn't frobbable. I'm sure that was supposed to be changed in the final release. Unless there's another entrance, which I couldn't see, you would be unable to get one of the Eyes and so be unable to complete the Amulet, which isn't necessary of course, but it's a fun side quest. Purah?? Did you change your mind??

Originally posted by Silver Sorrow
    Burt, I was in the same spot yesterday. If you go into the large sitting room in Darkwatch, you'll see..
    yay, thanks a bunch, Silver Sorrow and cheers, I'm finished now!

-Burt

(Act 1 was cool and all but Act 2 was the best one, without a doubth.. Act 3 was an anticlimax)
    /me for president

You can complete the amulet quest at any point in the mission. Keep in mind how dynamic this mission is and how things have a tendancy to change...

Just because the Vampire Eye is in the Gleaming Facet before the NLDE does not mean...

Good luck and remember that things can also change on difficulty settings. Sound advice on one setting may leave you frustrated if you play a dif setting.

Cheers.
    "Expect my visit when the darkness comes. The night I think is best for hiding all." -Ouallada
    Frolick at the Pub www.purah.com

I never even considered that possibility! Thanks for the info, Purah.

After spending hours looking for the
    spoiler:
    *&#*%* cat and finally giving up, I went back in to check on the Gleeming Facet and walked right into the zombie carrying it, just by accident! So at least I've found it.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 6th Apr 2002 at 11:58.

Can i download the music from the credits avi anywhere? I've played it about six times and been humming it all day long

The attention to detail in this pack is just stunning really. *tangent* Are you ready for job offers Purah?

ok...a small hint please on how to get into V. garden where I can see a ruby of some sort

thank you

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast