TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "Calendra's Legacy" official release (April 1st, 2002)

dkessler -
    spoiler:
    Look at the back wall of the garden VERY carefully.

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    dkessler -
    spoiler:
    Look at the back wall of the garden VERY carefully.
    hmmm...although I have been around for a very long time, it seems that Garrett has some serious mental blockages tonight.

the back wall...I can see water, a bucket, I also examined the other back wall where a guard is standing, but to no avail...

dkessler -
    spoiler:
    Look for a button on the back wall and hit it with a broadhead to open the gate.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Mar 2012 at 15:02.

Calendra's Legacy - A Winter's Eve (Mission #3) questions

Now I have a question about Mission #3 -
    spoiler:
    I can see one mask waaay up on the cave walls in the south grotto, but I can't get it. Can sometime give me mountain climbing instructions?? Is there supposed to be another one? If so, where and how do I get it?

Free cd offer

Quote Originally Posted by Theef View Post
    ... But my offer still stands- you want a copy? I'll send you one, no problem ...
    Hey Theef you still got that free cd offer as i would like it please

Please let me know when
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 6th Feb 2012 at 22:28.

Museum Probs:

I've got the museum vualt key and have gotten the burreilium diamond but every time I go down the hall to grab the loot I get zapped, one time I saw the lazers, but only once.

Do I have to go there? I want to but after 20 restarts (no kidding, I'm determined to get everything) I'm kindof tired.

I need the painting "Red Arrow" and assume its there since I haven't found it and I can't find it else where.
    ============
    OK, just found Burt's post saying you need the Infared beam eye thing to see the beams, I found it this time around, unfortunatley in Beta I got the Blackjack too early and the Undead killed my comp. It just can't handle this mission very well. I stumbled upon the infared eye before I went to museum so I'll try it, can't say why I saw the beams once without using it, but a hint would've been appreciated as I never found one either, and it is an objective that must be completed. Not seeing the lazers makes it IMPOSSIBLE!
    Last edited by schwaa; 6th Apr 2002 at 23:39.

Will someone let Theef know that i have twice replyed in this forum as he mentioned to me nobody has taken his free cd offer which is the Calendra's Legacy cd

Is Theef around this Forum

I sent Theef a private message drawing attention to your post, Glenn Italiano. Just for future reference, if you want to get in touch with someone, you can click on their profile and you'll see options to either send them an e-mail or a private message, so you can be sure they'll get your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Purah View Post
    You can complete the amulet quest at any point in the mission. Keep in mind how dynamic this mission is and how things have a tendancy to change...
    Where??? Please just tell me!! I've looked everywhere. I think. Now the patrons and staff of the Black Die are after me. I could kill them, but that poor guy lost his cat; that would just be adding insult to injury. The ONLY place I havn't been is the foundry. I intend to do the cylix last. Milk the mission for all it's worth! But it occurs to me I should check there anyway.

Also, I've tried dropping Mercede's purse on the desk, it won't let me. There's no diary either. How do I get it? (I got this from her in the room at the inn.) Please help!!

Stauf
    the Mad Taffer
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 6th Feb 2012 at 22:28.

I've beated the mission!

Yeah...Quite a good mission! But I want to know...What's the point of mission 3? Why was it called "Calendra's Legacy"? Calendra had no mention at all in this mission...Only linking to it was the mention of the Larloch society once and the cylix of Jortul.

How'd everybody like Skully Bro?

My first fully custom mesh, glad to have it debut in such a great mission! Skin by Purah, I'll release him with my skin soon, maybe Purah's too. How 'bout it Purah?
    Badd Cog's Gallery -Is that you good cog? Heh, Heh. NO!
    Crom's Blade,JailBreak,TrainSpotting,3MagesTomb
    Custom AI's,Objects,Missions,Demos,Tutorials,Downloads,Links...
    ModelMakersVault- custom objects for your missions.

Originally posted by schwaa
    How'd everybody like Skully Bro?
    He rocked! I didn't like the fact that he somehow always spotted me when I was hiding in a shadow far away... but I LOVED the way he blew to pieces when I capped him with a fire arrow!

"Yeah...Quite a good mission! But I want to know...What's the point of mission 3? Why was it called "Calendra's Legacy"? Calendra had no mention at all in this mission...Only linking to it was the mention of the Larloch society once and the cylix of Jortul." -Lurox

I can only agree. That's why I consider Act 3 an anticlimax. And Calendra's Legacy.. I don't understand why.

-Burt
    /me for president

Originally posted by Glenn Italiano
    Hey Theef i've got a slow dial up connection do you still have that free cd offer as i want to bad

We will have work out the postage and costs

My address is

Glenn Italiano
    Western Australia its Australia as you know
    19 Samworth Street
    Margaret River 6285
    PO BOX 823

P.S will COD be possible

Thanks

You've got it, Glenn. Sorry to get back to you so late. I was slaving away doing yardwork while the weather is nice.

I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow morning (Monday, 4/8).

-Theef

btw, If you get mail from a Marc Hamlin from the good ol' USA, it isn't anthrax. Don't throw it away, mate. It's CL! :-)

Originally posted by Auriga2us
    Theef,
    There should be some notes/books in the prison/jail (whatever that building is) that say why and where the amulet was lost. It is exactly where the clues say it was lost. Make sure to explore the area carefully, since I myself accidentally stumbled upon it, bring a flare.
    Auriga2US-

I didn't post a message regarding that question. You may have someone else in mind. But I'm just noticing your location- You probably live next door! I didn't know there was anyone else in the Thief forums from RI but myself. REPRESENT! (lol)

-Theef

Quote Originally Posted by Stauf View Post
    Where??? Please just tell me!! I've looked everywhere. I think. Now the patrons and staff of the Black Die are after me. I could kill them, but that poor guy lost his cat; that would just be adding insult to injury. The ONLY place I havn't been is the foundry. I intend to do the cylix last. Milk the mission for all it's worth! But it occurs to me I should check there anyway.
    Stauf - I can't help with where things move to after NLD, because I don't know, but hopefully someone else will be able to give you the info. (And then pass it on to me for my notes? Please?)

As for the purse -
    spoiler:
    Did you "read" the diary? Just use the purse like you would if it's a scroll, you get to read the diary and you get an objective to take it to the Police station. Hopefully, then it will work the way I said it should.

Schwaa - I LOVE Mr Bones. Those guys are fantastic and very scary. Good job! (I get a real kick out of backstabbing them and seeing them collapse into a pile of bones. )
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 16th Feb 2012 at 12:33.

in order to kill the I need a little but where oh where must I turn to find my glory?

CL Technical Problem!

Alright, I've played CL (what a rush!) and I will be playing it again in the future once I recover. In the meantime I'd like to play other missions. Here's my problem. Darkloader won't run for me now. I can play CL by running the Thief2 normally, but when I try to run Darkloader I get the following error:

Exception EInOutError im Modul DARKLOADER.EXE bei 00051858. Dateizugriff verweigert.

Is there any way to correct this without uninstalling/reinstalling both Thief2 and Darkloader? The relevant specs follow:

PIII 1 GHz
    384 MB RAM
    Win98-2e
    NVidia TNT2 64MB
    Darkloader 3.0(2, I think)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scene two technical problem

First, I'd like to say what a great mission thus far. There is simply so much to do and see.

However, I am having a problem with getting the second part of the mission to check off the objectives and allow the mission to end. I made the delivery as required and dropped it down the chute. I didn't alert my presence. A new objective came up to get my equipment, but the first objective was not checked off. I did a lot of exploring, picking up loot, items. Then I went to pick up my equipment and spoke with Mercedes. It then put another objective up to go to the cemetary and then to destroy the item. I did that and that objective did check off. However, the first two were left unchecked and the mission did not end. I know I must not have done everything available in the mission, but I could not understand why the mission did go to scene 3.

Any help/thoughts would be much appreciated on what I missed or could do. Also, how can you get that purse from Mercedes? It never seems to let me get it from her so that I can get her diary.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, I am playing on the easiest setting.

Skulduggerist - I'm afraid I don't have any useful advice for you, other than I don't think your problem is connected with CL. I've switched back and forth between it and other T2 and T1 missions and haven't experienced any problems with Darkloader, other than the fact that it's slowed down.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 10th Jan 2012 at 16:25.

Thief101 - Are you playing with a patched or unpatched version of T2? From what I've seen in past questions and answers about this, it looks like the problem you are experiencing comes from running CL with the unpatched version of the game. Before you install the patch, make sure you copy the "saves" and "allsaves" folders elsewhere, then drop them back into the game afterwards.

I don't know if you'll have to restart Mission #2 or not to get the objectives to work properly.

dkessler -
    spoiler:
    I can't tell you where to find the Hand of Glory but I CAN tell you that you don't need it for the Succubus. I just finished this one on Expert and that room is really easy. Just DON'T cross the lines of the pentagram and don't read the smaller book on the table. As long as you stay outside of the lines, you can just walk right in and get what you need.If you read the second book, she will attack, too.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 10th Jan 2012 at 16:25.

CL act 3: I missed a plot line somewhere

On the third mission, I think I missed a plot line somewhere. I finished the mission, and it made sense AFTER wards, but I think I missed...

spoiler:
    The text or explaination how Garrett knew that there was a Keeper compound inside the factory. Was it in the conversation with Mercedes?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 24th Jan 2012 at 15:10.

Skulduggerist:

get the new version of darkloader. Bjork (or whatever his name is) fixed that bug in version 4.02

Originally posted by Nightwalker

dkessler -
    spoiler:
    I can't tell you where to find the Hand of Glory but I CAN tell you that you don't need it for the Succubus. I just finished this one on Expert and that room is really easy. Just DON'T cross the lines of the pentagram and don't read the smaller book on the table. As long as you stay outside of the lines, you can just walk right in and get what you need.If you read the second book, she will attack, too.
    yes, i know, but

a) the objective of the prophecy did not check off, so I thought I HAVE to kill her
    and I am playing the patched version...
    also, in one of the books in the pawn shop i believe they mention that the prophecy is behind the northern doors?
    that is why I was/am a little bit confused

b) I would still like to know where to find my glory

kfgecko:

The fact that there is a keeper compound is also mentioned in a book and in the conversation with mercedes.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 10th Jan 2012 at 16:34.

Originally posted by Theef

Auriga2US-

I didn't post a message regarding that question. You may have someone else in mind. But I'm just noticing your location- You probably live next door! I didn't know there was anyone else in the Thief forums from RI but myself. REPRESENT! (lol)

-Theef
    Dude, I'm in RI too! Three of us? Too freaky.

Stauf
    the Mad Taffer

I be needin' help.

Good mission pack so far, 'cept all those undead monsters in act 2 be givin' me da creepsies.

deadman.

P.S. Speaking of the second act, is it realistically possible (for a footpad like me, I mean) to get my gear before delivering the Cylrix? I want to have the option of blackjacking guards and such BEFORE all the zombies find their way onto the land of the living.. for obvious reasons
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 10th Jan 2012 at 16:39.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast