TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "Calendra's Legacy" official release (April 1st, 2002)

In mission 3 how do I find the jeweled maul?

Ooh yeah I missed a buncha crap in this one! I went and put all the pieces of the amulet where they were supposed to go
    spoiler:
    (Got that cyclops with a hangover winking at me eyeball thingy floating around)
    and waited a LONG time and nothing else happened. Was I supposed to see something? The book only glowed when I got close enough to frob it. By this time I've killed off most of the creepies (I kept leading them back to Mercedes and letting her do them, since she's appearantly immortal in Act II).

I would appreaciate it if somebody would please explain to me how to get the painting.

spoiler:
    I can see the laser lines
    but I don't know how to get by them.

I would appreaciate it if somebody would please explain to me how to get the painting.

spoiler:
    I can see the laser lines
    but I don't know how to get by them. [/B]
    well...if you can see them than it is fairly easy to get past them...just
    spoiler:
    "walk" past/through/under them...

Re: Clarification

Originally posted by Skulduggerist
    Continuing my plight from above, I never had trouble switching among FM's until I loaded CL, and it could very easily be some problem between CL and the much older Darkloader 3.02, but my main question is how to uninstall CL when I can't get Darkloader to run. Is it possible to install a later version of Darkloader on top of my apparently defunct one and then uninstall CL or am I consigned to a clean sweep/reinstall of Thief2 and Darkloader?

Thanks
    yeah just do it. you dont actaully even "install" darkloader... you just unzip it. So unzip 402 darkloader into a new folder. set the settings to your thief folders. It should recognize what is installed and you can uninstall it.

i upgraded from 3x darkloader to 4x darkloader while fan missions were installed, i havent had teh OM installed in over a year

Timer problem here!

First, my greetings and salutations to Purah, KoMaG, Lazarus, Loanstar, etc,etc, the whole Team Calendra. My respest, guys! You've truly revived the Looking Glass legacy. Thank you!

*BIG spoiler about the Second mission follows*

spoiler:
    Now, I'm on the Second mission. Right after the conversation with the duchess I start running eagerly toward the Cathedral. But! I have the feeling that my Timer's not working. First of all, I've received the Vampyre Blade object without doing nothing to trigger it (and now I believe I've just overdued my 10 mins). And, when I first made it to the Cathedral, spoke with that hidden freak and dropped the cylix into the chute, and the freak laughed etc,my object (the one telling me to bring the cylix to the cardinal) didn't receive the green tick for "completed". That arroused some bad feelings in me so I re-started the mission and in purpose hanged around 10 minutes (checking my time with ňőĺ Save Game dialog. And to my big disappointment nothing happenned when the 10 mins passed, no bells, no end-mission, no nothing. Ah, yes: the Vampiric objective appeared. Now, I readed about complŕinings about such bug ("the timer fails", it is said in the Readme), but Purah said that he didn't find reason for them. Please, let somenone who played the Second mission describe me what happens, if a clock appears or what, that thing that happens to me is it normal or not? And if not, any suggestions to fix that? Thank you.

PS I would like to apologize if anyone else had already asked that, but my connection is too slow to check all the enourmous topic If so, just point me to there.
    "You fight like a taffin' thief!" -Unknown streetguard fighting a well-known thief

LET MASTER CHIEF ON VON BRAUN AND RICKENBACKER!

Are you playing with the unpatched version (1.07) of Thief 2?

zacharias is right. Usually this problem is caused by playing with an unpatched version of T2. Your objective should have ticked off when you dropped the Cylix and the bells start to ring. You also, in real time, have more than 10 minutes. It's actually 16 minutes before the bells start to ring and, I believe, 17 before the mission quits. (The bells ring automatically when you've dropped the Cylix in, no matter what time you have left.)

As for the objective with the Vampyre Blade, I've had that happen, too. It's a little surprising, but it doesn't hurt anything.

Needing some help please...

Greetings Taffers/Tafferettes...Could use some help about a couple of things...

I started playing the game with an unpatched version and now have it patched so everythings fine in that regard. In my first run in Second Mission, I bumped into the building that contained the
    spoiler:
    "Seeing Eye"...now for the life of me I cannot find it again. I only know that it was said to be in a shack near Museum...
    I have taken life and limb to try and run all around that area and I cannot find this darn place...so how do I get to it/where exactly?

My second question deals with the Wiz's joint.
    spoiler:
    I don't have all the ingrediants yet but decided to check the place out, etc. OK, I get inside...see sign that says "Item" (can't remember name) basically has been moved due to thiefs in the area...So I manuver around and see chest and apparently takes a key? If so, where is it? Then I climb ladder and manage to pick Wiz's purse and get into room with that fancy painting. Is there anything to this...I don't want to leave right now if I can do anything more in here before I come back again to do amulet.

spoiler:
    I have actually two of the stones and will be then trying to get to the third at the Gleaming Lantern (whatever)...haven't got that way figured out to get there without getting busted by guards? So what path do I map out for that run???

Thanks and will be looking for your assistance to help me on my way again Good Hunting! (aka Huntress is Me)
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 10th Apr 2002 at 08:30.
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

Hi, there. It sounds like you're having fun this time around. (I added some spoiler cover to a couple of spots in your post. This thread is so huge, that we're trying to keep it so that people can pick and choose what they read about the missions.)

The Eye of True Seeing -
    spoiler:
    When you're facing the Museum front doors, outside, go to the left and down the side of the building. There's a small building on your left down there and you'll find the Eye inside of it.

Wizard's Guild -
    spoiler:
    On the other two difficulty levels, there is a sword you can get called Kharras Drahg, but it's unavailable on Footpad. The little room upstairs is connected to the sword, so there is nothing in there for you to do.

edit: I missed the bit about the key, but Thumper's got you covered down below.

Gleaming Facet -
    spoiler:
    The best route that I've found starts at the Black Die. Walk alongside the wood steps and up around the stationery guard you can see from there. Go to the left past him and there is a set of stairs leading down to a door that's below street level (it doesn't open). That's a good place to sit safely until you've made sure the way is clear. Follow the streets until you get to a n intersection where, when you look left, there is a guard standing in the corner where the street turns. Go to the right (hug the wall and he won't see you.) Then at the next corner, go left, then left, left again and you'll be facing the guard from further down the street. Sneak up to the corner on your right and you can go up that street without him seeing you. I think it's pretty much straight forward to the square with the Gleaming Facet from there.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 10th Apr 2002 at 08:32.

Vampyre Blade
    spoiler:
    The objective, iirc, comes from a scroll you got at loadout time (when you bought supplies). If you don't read it, it will just appear suddenly. Might be due to making it visible while you were cycling through your inventory.

Wiz's guild
    spoiler:
    The chest there can be picked. You just have to be careful not to be seen.

OK Thanks but am a little confused Thumper...

First...I didn't think I was revealing that much but that's fine...and thanks for the directions Nightwalker...
    spoiler:
    however, I did face the Museum doors and was basically standing next to the back of Physics house...if I try to cross over to the other side where I think your tellng me to go...I'm passing in light in front where the guard is looking straight out at me and when I tried looking over there to see if there was an entry, I couldn't see any...the only door I could see a little looked like it was a phony one? So are you saying the way I have to get there is to pass behind him?

Thumper, I don't understand your first reply about sword? I had no objective to get it and don't have it now. I was just scoping out and trying to see whatever I could see or find...even though it wasn't an objective...actually not many things are required, but many are optional pretty much So I took a looksee... I do thank you for info regarding chest...I wasn't sure about picking it...cause I did stick out my pick and it dimmed...but when I held out a key just to test...it stayed highlighted so that's why I thought a key was needed. Well lets see if I can get back down without notice and play hide'n-go-seek with the Wiz again LOL I did feel pretty pleased about being able to get his purse though Ta and Good Hunting!

You should be able to walk past the guard in front of the Museum without being bothered. I've done it a number of times.
    spoiler:
    Go down the left (W) side, walk along past a tree and the little building is on your left, past a tree.

The other way to get to the little building with the eye is to go from Gallan Bridge. On the south side of the bridge, just after you step off of it, turn right and go along the ledge (Just beside the house that has a porch light you can turn off). If you follow through there and go straight ahead through an archway, you should come up to the shed on your right hand side just past a small tree and from there you can go up beside the Museum.

The sword explaination was aimed at someone further up, I think. You can't get the sword on Footpad. If you want to have a look at it, you'll have to try the mission again on CatThief or Garrett.

Ah..ha...so that's where the little bugger is hiding Thanks Nightwalker...as soon as I'm through with the Wiz I'll be waltzing....errrr swimming back over there to try again. Now I'm going to bed for a bit cause I've been up all night...yawn...only have a couple of hours though to do it in...so nighty nite and Ta Good Hunting!

Just getting started on the second mission. I was wondering what folks and our moderators might think about creating 3 new topics. One for each mission of the game. It has been a bit confusing to read through the posts and try to figure out which mission a particular discussion is about. Most folks mention the mission number, but I thought it might be helpful to have them separated. We could continue to use this one for general discussion of CL.

Any thoughts???

That's not a bad idea, vandi. I was just thinking that this thread is getting a bit too large for people to manage. Maybe we'll try making 3 new ones, like you suggested.

EDIT:
    Allright, two new threads have been created.
    For mission 2: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47501
    For mission 3: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47500

Please post questions or remarks about these missions in the appropriate thread.
    A thread for mission 1 was already created earlier and can be located here.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 16th Feb 2012 at 12:35.

Thanks

Thank you for the help, Zacharias and Nightwalker (Nightwalker, it's already the second time you're helping me out of a sticky situation so goes double for you) And, Thumper -- yes, how could I not think about it -- the blade comes from Garrett's tip. Thank you all again! Happy taffing.
    "You fight like a taffin' thief!" -Unknown streetguard fighting a well-known thief

LET MASTER CHIEF ON VON BRAUN AND RICKENBACKER!

love this T3 connection great level by the way

The CD is only 3 bucks so there's no reason not to buy one, even if you download it , unless you can burn your own. I'm waiting on my copy. Just like waitng for my tax return. I imagine the Keep is a little swamped right now.
    Why don't you be like me? Why don't you stop and see?
    Why don't you hate who I hate, kill who I kill to be free?

Taking a break

I just got CL and it ROCKS!
    Absoultely wonderful, great story and attention to detail!
    (a little slow on my system though)
    And I'm just on the first level!
    All thief fans must have it in their FM collection!

On another note, I read that Purah said that the way
    Garrett is protrayed in this story doesnt exactly fit the
    way his character is shown in the original games.
    I cannot disagree more! Based on what I've seen
    so far, I think his story fit's Garrett's personality wonderfully!

Besides, who says master thieves don't date hot chicks?

Re: Just played some of it!

Originally posted by Taffer_Boy_Elvis
    It took only 30 minutes to download.....WITH A BROADBAND CONNECTION!
    I'd recommend anyone with a modem to purchase the CD.
    Well I'm giving it a shot with a 56k modem and a download manager. It says that it's gonna take 31 hours to download.
    Oh well. I'll get it a bit here and a bit there. I see that http://calendra.math.uh.edu/ has it split up in segments.
    Cutpurse-In-Chief
    Clan Larcenio Haul
    "We Haul Assets"

Calendra's Legacy Question

Will the Calendra's series continue on or is this last of this as i would be good if Purah could do Calendra's The secound series Fm pack

just i throught which could be good

Calendra's Legacy IS the second - Calendra's Cistern was the first

But anyway, Purah has ASSURED me he will not be doing anything more for T2, but MAY (and that's just a maybe) get back involved after T3 and its (hopefully) editor ships next year. We'll just have to wait and see
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

sorry i thought this was only the first of the series guess i'm wrong KoMag

help info on crashing !!!

Hi,
    Been awhile since I've been on !!! I got the CD's from the Keeper. The Calanda's game crashed after the first section ( bedroom scene movie came on but the next episode would not load to my puter. I have a 900mhz,125ram,decent video card etc. I unloaded the 300.000 + kb's. Should I try a reload or? I don't have the latest version of Darkloader but? Can it play with what I have or? Thanks guys --The Geez

I'm afraid I don't know what could be causing your crash, but I thought I'd let you know that I played CL with Darkloader 3.7 and it worked beautifully. If you're version is older that that, I'd suggest upgrading it and trying again.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast