TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Calendra's Legacy Mission 1: A Meeting With Basso (questions)

http://members.rogers.com/ramwise/Th...asLegacy2.html

check this out. It's a walkthrough. Read this then you'll find every coin

Yeh thanks, I read about the tomb but figured it came later in the game (I dunno why) so I went back and did it but then got stuck figuring out how to leave sooo back I came and found that walk through. Very helpful.

Calendra's Legacy - A Meeting With Basso

Gerhard Eichberger

I'm playing the first mission of Calendra's Legacy and I have the walkthrough of the author, however I couldn't do some things. I play it on Normal.

1.) The walkthrough refers to a zone in Arkhym's tomb: "Back to the south passage beyond the lowered Trickster image. There are bricks down the centre of the passage and marble ore some other stone on the sides." I don't find this zone. I was down and have got the sword and the other things from Arkhym. Which thing is meant with the "Trickster image"? And how is it to lower?

2.) In the tombs hall there is that strange picture on the wall. When I climb into the black hole (it can't be lit from outside), I go through a tunnel and there is a switch. When I press this switch I hear a sound just like if the fire arrow trap is shooting. Nothing else happens. What else does this switch?

3.) At the Murkball gate I can't jump over the kegs and to the top of the building where a soldier is going. And when I try to crouche into the house where the weapons are the soldier behind the gate sees me and attacks me - Game over. How to do this? (I've blackjacked the other two soldiers outside the gate. I can't blackjack the soldier inside, he has a helmet that protects him...

Gerhard

1. Back a couple of paragraphs: "... Nothing in the first bunch but there's more at the end. The further bone is the "lever" the book talks about. The Trickster's image descends into the floor. ... "

2. I tried activating that red button through the hole/mouth and IIRC it was the fire arrow trap firing. I'm pretty sure I was hit by it though?

3. There's a vine growing up the wall that you can climb.

Luck!

BUG In Calendra's Legacy, Act 1,
    spoiler:
    at the end of Arkanz's tomb (whatever his name is) with the Skull that floats up and shoots you if you wake it up, well, I was able to creep around and steal everything, including the eyes.

After I stole its eyes, I figured it was powerless, so I relaxed and started walking again...

Well, basically, if you do anything that would "disturb the bones" ie. be noisy too close to the skull, or frob the leg bone - AFTER you've stolen the eyes, the game quits to the desktop.

This isn't a resource bug as far as I'm aware. I have re-booted at least 3 times and had the same result, and I have 384mb RAM so it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, something I don't understand about that place is,
    spoiler:
    I don't know what the ladder is for above the skull, and once when I was trying to holy water arrow the skull, all these boulders fell down from where the ladder is (one hit the skull on the head too, which was pretty funny) - I don't know what that's supposed to mean either (and I never found out, because I died on that go, shortly after). Also, when I frob the rock in the corner, I hear a rumbling coming from the direction of the skull, the sound of a huge door opening, but I don't know where it is.
    In the end, I just left the tomb the way I came in, since I'd got what I'd came for anyway. But seeing that ladder, and those boulders that other time, I feel like I'm missing out on something.

I'm afraid I can't explain the "bug". I never experienced that myself and I have gotten through the tomb the way you described. As for the ladder
    spoiler:
    you're not missing much. If you destroy the lich with holy water instead of sneaking around without alerting it, you can frob the small boulder in the back corner and it will open a panel in the ceiling above the altar where the lich sat. The boulders tumble out and you can climb on one to reach the ladder. This just takes you out into the other part of town and I believe there may be one small piece of loot up there.
    This does NOT work when you ghost the tomb for some unknown reason.

Thanks Nightblade, I might do that bit again just to see exactly where it takes you.

Where can I download CL in one piece?

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Needing Some Extra Help

I would like to know if someone could tell me how I can change the no kill objective? I would like to go through this level without failing right off the bat when I go to knock someone out.

If someone can help me with this, I would be very greatful. Incidentally, I have tried the nokillgoalcheat and it doesn't work. Is there some way I can disable this? Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Jysala; 10th Jul 2004 at 00:42.

Mission Failed...

Can someone help with a quirk I seem to be having? I start the level at the beginning where the bridge is, and when I walk up to it, to cross it I get a mission failed screen (The skull and crossbones). Is something wrong with the objectives somewhere? Or was I not supposed to be on the bridge?

Sorry. I can't help you with that. Sounds like a bug.

Ok, thanks. I'm still trying to figure it out

How Does Garrett Sleep?

After the meeting with Basso,
    spoiler:
    I freed a girl from a jail somewhere in a sewer, and finally made my way to the Inn to sleep. However it did not check off in the objectives that I did that, even though the bed lighted up, and I right clicked to use it. But nothing happened. Am I forgetting to do something?

No, it sounds like you did it right. Maybe you hit a bug of some sort? Is your T2 either ver. 1.18 or patched up to that? It needs to be for these missions to work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    No, it sounds like you did it right. Maybe you hit a bug of some sort? Is your T2 either ver. 1.18 or patched up to that? It needs to be for these missions to work properly.
    What I forgot to mention was
    spoiler:
    When I went to the Inn, the lady asked me for 18 gold. She gave me the key first, but all I had on me was 1 gold piece. So I gave her that, and that seemed to work. But now I am not sure.

I'm not sure if the money really makes any difference as long as you get the key. You're at the end of the mission so why not just use "Ctrl+Alt+Shift+End" to complete it and go on to the next one?

Jysala, regarding the bugs - makes sure you have the patched versin of Thief. You MUST have Thief 1 and 2 PATCHED to play FMs.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Feb 2012 at 11:42.

I have T1 patched, but not T2. I keep getting an error message saying that it cannot locate the installation directory.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Feb 2012 at 11:44.

You should try uninstalling Thief 2 and re-installing it, if you haven't already.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Feb 2012 at 11:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Jysala View Post
    I have T1 patched, but not T2. I keep getting an error message saying that it cannot locate the installation directory.
    Well, Candace, that's a bit of a side-effect of having pirated the game. Especially when it's a bad pirate to boot.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Mar 2012 at 14:58.

Help with Calendra's legacy

I can't figure out how to rent a room and catch some sleep
    The mission starts and I talk to Basso, then sneak through the sewer and get the key from the Women at the Inn. So now what? Objective says to get some sleep

Thanks for the help
    Eric

the old woman at the inn you're refering to, did
    spoiler:
    she saying like "Oh my! You must soaked to the bone" and Garrett says "I'd like the roon with the balcony" or something like that and she says "That'll be 12 (or is it 20?) gold"

if you found your way to your room,
    spoiler:
    frob the bed

Missing Key???

I'm toward the end of Arkan's tomb (or whatever his name is), I used the silver crypt key to open a lockbox to another area. It now says that I need a "spindle of gold" to open a second lockbox, which I apparently do not have. Where do I find it???
    Last edited by oneof4; 11th Sep 2004 at 00:45.

Back track and you'll find that some thing has changed.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast