TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813182328 ... LastLast

Thread: Calendra's Legacy Mission 2: Midnight in Murkbell (questions)

Not enough info.

spoiler:
    I already konked the guy out in the jail.
    I found the garden but no key to get in.
    I also found the cemetary but no key to get in.
    Also the Cathedrel basement no key.
    These are the places where there are no clues as to where keys are located.

howie -
    spoiler:
    It makes no difference if the guy in the jail is awake, dead or elsewhere. Once you have the purse and put it on the desk in the office, you'll find the key to the safe under the chair.

Vilrath's garden - There's a button on the back wall that you can see through the gate. Shoot it with a broadhead to open the gate.

You will get the cemetary key when you meet Mercedes'

The key to the Cathedral basement door will be tucked in under the leg of the desk, but not until after you have met Mercedes. Going that way is a good way into the Cemetary.

Thanks

Figures, I just read that in the original CL post. Scripting makes it tough, you have to trip an event before things will appear. There's so much stuff...you forget what you haven't been able to accomplish. I know darn well, if I don't finish this now, I'll forget everything and I'll never finish playing it. Oh me bwain is going to explode like a zombie in lava. I just know I'm going to regret killing & knocking out all them guards.

Something is whacky:confused:

spoiler:
    1)I read in the original posting the majic blade is suppose to be above in the small room next to the pentigram, if you frob a torch. No torch.
    2) I didn't get a cemetary key from Mercades.
    3) Fire eater complained of a wizard that shoots at her when she does the spell. No wizard appear at all. Just a big eyeball that shoots fireballs.
    4) There is hardly any undead now. The first time I seen Mercades there was a ton of them, now there are only a few.

howie -
    spoiler:
    The sword is only available on Cat Thief and Garrett. If you're playing on Footpad, it won't be there and neither will the torchholder on the wall upstairs. The Big Eyeball is the guardian that the Wizards have at night that you read about somewhere.

Something's wrong if you didn't get a ring of keys from Mercedes when you met her. Did she do her speech? If not, do you have a save from just before you met her, so you can try again. I had this part not work properly one time. I was chased in by two guards, I jumped up on the bed and Mercedes blasted them, but then she didn't do anything else. No speech, no keys, etc., so I had to try again.

As for the undead, how many you see at first can vary, but there are usually lots to be seen sooner or later.

spoiler:
    I visited Mercedes before, right after the Cathedral, and she just stood there too --no speech and no keys. FootPad. I think I've been there 3 or 4 times in the past with no speech or keys. I'll try it again without any guards on my trail. The undead must be trapped in the walls of the mission. I've been hearing them in the walls through out the whole mission. There are a few but I've pretty much got the run of the place. There are still many human guards just walking around unmolested by spooks. Too bad about not having a blade in this one.

Ho ho ho and a amulet to play with :-)

Yup you see it, now you can believe it It took a couple of tries but finally found the right recipe...Never did see an Eye...guess I must be doing it during the day? That's probably why it wouldn't work on the Wiz's one time when I got to the first door area...waiting in the dark on the wrong side...and bam...died a firery death, but quick, hardly felt any pain at all, LOL This time when putting the goodies around, I kindof missed the triangle a little, they were on the line but I guess close enough for jazz cause it did work. Then I made sure I didn't run back over the "Books" placement so that it wouldn't auto show up like before. I think that's what happened in that scenerio. So then, I got book and hid in the dark when opened and they didn't see me to attack...ya baby So now I'm ready for Mercedes and crew almost! Need to get to factory on my way to new objective that I noted will be coming up Think it might be a good time then to use "Croft Attic's" entry...spotted it when up there but did not check it out at that time.

spoiler:
    Couple of new questions though...I've never been able to locate "Gaston's" I know it must be on the other side from Physic's across the bridge...going left? Difficult as I was sortof over there once and Lantern Guy almost got me so really didn't have time to check more closely. Also Town Clock...haven't figured out a way there either and I'm sure there's probably something in it? Last question for now...Why do I have this painting I got out of vault??? Is there any reason I should keep it?

That should do it for now and thanks for additional info as always

Howie...so glad your finally getting your game working...but you really shouldn't have knocked out all those guards Mine are all still running around except those two in the museum, LOL I may have to change that though after seeing Mercedes Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

As long as I don't have an objective one unchecked everything seems to work pretty good. Apparently Mercades doesn't do her thing if you are persued by guards. As soon as she is fired on she freezes. It's funny she sounds like MsLedd. Just for that reason alone, I gave her a good spanking.

I'm glad you got it working, Howie. As I said, I ran into that problem with Mercedes, too.

Fire Eater -
    spoiler:
    You don't need the painting on Footpad. It's required for an objective on Expert. The other loot in there was worth going in for, though, right?? I'm glad you got the Amulet okay. I should have tried it out, but I wasn't feeling myself yesterday and so I slacked off. Sorry!

You can't get into Gaston's in the mission. You will in Mission #3, though. As for the clock, I don't think you can get in there, at least not that I know of. Of course, I hate to say anything for sure, because this mission is full of surprises!!

How do you do the Lara Croft route ?

I played the first 3 Tomb Raider games which makes me curious about the route. I found the dead cat and returned it to the owner...at least I did after he decided to quit falling down. I've found a couple of open window but I can't get the rope arrows to stick anywhere in the textures. I found one place at the beginning of the mission where I could rope arrow up to a roof and overlook the whole city. I shouldn't have gone up there tho. (The game locked up with an error -- to many polys I guess. ) Some of the "Easter Egg" stuff must be really obsure or not accessable in footpad.

I'm sure that some of the quests are only available on certain difficulty levels. I don't know about the actual Easter Eggs, though. As for the Lara Croft room,
    spoiler:
    stand in front of the Museum, facing the doors, turn left along the Museum and go down the side. Somewhere along here, before you get to the bridge, there is an open window above you on the left. You can rope arrow into the actual window itself and climb up.

Oh Darn...two goodies I can't use...

LOL, well it's difficult enough finding this stuff and then when I do...I can't use it! Shouldn't have been available to me then...like unfrobable? OH well...such is the life of a thief...can't always use some of your loot anyway I guess Junk stuff!

Sorry you weren't feeling well Nightwalker...hope your better today? I was pretty tired myself last night and didn't play much at all...so I still have to make my way to Mercedes now I guess...then Police sta, then my apt...then the factory...is that pretty much the line-up? I thought Gaston's was this level so I'll catch it in the next. I really thought Town Clock would have something since it's a major bldg on the map. OK, won't worry about it then. What about warehouse? Is that one open for entry? The only thing I've seen are guards patroling around there and one of them runs around...guess he's chasing the cat??? LOL

Alright...I'll catch your reply a little later and thanks. Ta and Good Hunting!

Fire Eater - Thanks, I'm feeling better today. I was mostly just worn out, I think. Plus I seem to be having some problems with my neck and arm that make it difficult to use the computer for long right now. Hopefully, I'll get it fixed up soon.

I've never been quite sure which building is the warehouse, to tell you the truth. There's a Fishmonger's that may be it, just north of the Black Die. Also, there's a ruined building that could be it. Nothing important, though, I don't think.

You're line up of what to do next sounds pretty good. You'll have to get to the cemetary too, but I'm presuming you're going to the factory for the
    spoiler:
    fire arrows I told you about this time, right?

Good Luck!

I've heard talk of a vampyre blade (Kharras Drahg?) in this level.

having cheated and looked at the spoilers I get it in my head it was in
    spoiler:
    the falstaff wizard's guild
    Is that correct?

If it is, is it available on footpad level?
    spoiler:
    The reason I ask is that I checked the upstairs room off the main round walkway. The spoilers I'd read said their was a frobable lamp or torch. The only thing I found was a picture, nothing to frob.

Im probably just very confused!!

Incidently I found the underwater grotto, yes it is well hidden. Thanks nightwalker and fire eater for your help.

No, the Vampyre Blade is not available on Footpad. You'll have to play on a harder level to get a look at it.

Where's my sword?

Garrett seem to have been a bit careless and left his sword behind. Where can I get a replacement?

Is Garrett supposed to say anything to Mercedes in the Inn? 'cos I couldn't hear anything.

David Vrabel

There is no regular sword to be found, that I know of. If you are playing on Footpad you don't have access to a sword at all. On the other two difficulty levels, you can find the
    spoiler:
    Vampyre Blade. Check out the Falstaff Wizard's Guild.

By the Inn, do you mean the Rented Room?? That's the only place he meets Mercedes in Mission #2 and, yes, he is supposed to talk as well. Did Mercedes give you
    spoiler:
    the Cemetary Keys??

Hostile AI's

Just a quick question...

Are the guard AI's supposed to be hostile after you hand over the Cylix? All the bluecoats in the street are attacking me on sight, which doesn't seem fair as they didn't see me do anything thiefy. I can't even defend myself as I am unarmed.

Rommel

dvrabel : Is Garrett supposed to say anything to Mercedes in the Inn? 'cos I couldn't hear anything.

spoiler:
    If a guard(s) chased you into the rented room (?) and Mercedes fired on them she will not talk. Try it again with no guards on your trail.

XxRommelxX-

spoiler:
    You have to hide, then, sneak out afterwards. The guards have now labeled you as a thief

You mean all this time....

spoiler:
    I'm supposed to have met her in my room? I opened my door but did not go in as I really didn't want to do that part yet. So I made my way to the Inn again thinking I was supposed to meet her there? So the one barmaid goes up and down the stairs and the other one just stands there...I thought that was supposed to be her? But nothing happens and I kept trying different things to get her to talk and all the while it ain't her...gads!!! It gave me a chance to watch the drunk though...funny as h3ll So now I have to go back to my apt... and she magically appears...cause that room sure looked empty to me...I'm confused
    Please straighten me out on this part cause I don't know what I may be doing wrong here. Ta and Good Hunting!

The Fire Eater

Look at your map. The rented room is not where you start, it's in another location.

Hi Howie...yea I know that :)

spoiler:
    But I have nothing that told me to meet her in my room???? I figured I was supposed to go to the Inn...she looked like a barmaid to me when I spotted her out of my apt in Mission One... Ok..guess I'll go back...I did get there without notice and just for drill I sunk an arrow into a beam so I can get there from the water...and then use it to get to the police station...hee hee..ain't I clever So I don't have to go through the streets again!
    But thanks much for trying to help...appreciate it Taffer. Ta and Good Hunting!

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    There is no regular sword to be found, that I know of.
    That sucks. I might edit the mission and give myself one.

By the Inn, do you mean the Rented Room?? That's the only place he meets Mercedes in Mission #2 and, yes, he is supposed to talk as well. Did Mercedes give you
    spoiler:
    the Cemetary Keys??
    Yeah. The conversation took place and I got the keys. I could hear all of Mercedes's lines but I couldn't hear Garrett's lines.

David Vrabel

Well now I'm really perplexed :-(

spoiler:
    OK, I got in my room, met Mercedes, got her purse, read her diary, now by the back door(?) of Police Sta. I can get in the door but then what???? The damn bars are closed..there's a guard inside nearby...I tried to break the glass, he came after me except at first he couldn't get at me but then eventually the bars opened up for him and his sword made short order of my health! What the heck am I supposed to do to get in here? Make noise and use my invis when he opens up, then get in? There's not even much of any dark areas I can see to hide either. Or am I supposed to shoot an arrow at that button on the other side (which would probably make noise as well? This is crazy!
    How in the blazes am I supposed to do this little trick???

Please advise....I really see no way of getting in from here. I didn't see any way from outside either to get up and in...like a window, or somesuch? Ta and Good Hunting!

Fire Eater -

spoiler:
    Shoot arrow at button and run like hell, a good black spot is down by the water's edge

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813182328 ... LastLast