TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910152025 ... LastLast

Thread: Calendra's Legacy Mission 2: Midnight in Murkbell (questions)

Does anyone know how to get into the police basement? I can't find a button for the grate, but I can hear prisoners down there...

Anyone manage it?

Rommel

Little too obscure

Never did make it all around the city on Footpad, so can I have another clue. If I had to guess, I would say the Wizard's Guild, but I thought that was a different sword.

sap'em -
    spoiler:
    You're right. The sword is in the Falstaff Wizard's Guild. That's the only sword that is available in these missions.

sword

oh come come that's too easy. But it wouldn't after the undead are unleashed.. hmm. I believe there is
    spoiler:
    at least one haunt or two pretty close by...
    ok thanks for the info..

Just a little update...I'm in finally #3

I gave up last night and loaded in my save from an O.M. that I've also been playing from time to time. Then after getting up today, I reloaded CL...Well I got through the .avi but froze at the end before getting into shop....so I reloaded again and just as it started (which it wouldn't even do that last night) I was able to hit the Esc key and get to the menue then FINALLY...pant, pant

I must say that's a heck of a starting point and how to get going! After several tries, I took the least less lumps and said to myself...that's as good as I'm gonna get it so am going ahead.
    spoiler:
    Must say it's somewhat frustrating however...unpickable doors...a tower that doesn't seem to do anything for me except put out a light up in the ceiling that I tried to rope up and see what was what...nothin A house with the unpickable lock evidently takes a key I guess...I couldn't find anyother way in and it's got goodies and some books looks like.
    Well I guess I'll be hitting the other thread now...so thanks for the help on this one Nightwalker...couldn't have made it without you that's for sure Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

spoiler:
    Could someone the me what the heck the invisible beast is on this mission? It has scared the crap put off me quite a few times

I'm not postive about this but
    spoiler:
    I think it's the ghost of the beast that guarded the Cylix in Calendra's Cistern. Purah said it was in the mission somewhere. It sure is nasty!

spoiler:
    Alright, is it possible to kill it somehow? Getting paranoid

spoiler:
    I haven't done it myself, but I've been told it is possible to kill. Have you found the "Ultraviolet ...Eye" thingy yet? Try using it when you think he's close. When I did, I could see him, but it didn't help much. He still wailed the tar outa me!

spoiler:
    Have you noticed that when you use the Kharras Dragg on the Beast Ghost you get health points back?

spoiler:
    Well, I killed it! I just had to get rid off (my poor heart ) it so I used the save game editor, shot it with many fire-arrows, and then as it didn't seem to work, I started to use the Kharras dragg, hit it atleast two three times. Unfortunaly I fail in the "Don't kill any people objective", playing on the hardest difficulty level. I'm positive that I didn't kill anyone or anything else, so this could be seen as a bug? Since it's not "a people", but rather a ghost or whatever from the past

Yes, it's a bug. On the other hand, it allows you the serendipitous opportunity that bohemian mentioned assuming you can summon your courage enough to take advantage of it.

Oh, BTW...
    spoiler:
    He's really quite slow when he's invisible. Unnerving but very slow. And quite tenacious. When he's visible he revs up to normal speed, so it's best to not see him.

Nightwalker's right. The Beast lives again! Er, so to speak.
    Last edited by Thumper; 17th Apr 2002 at 21:43.

Gleaming Facet door broken ?

What a great Fm this is! Thanks to Purah and the Crew. Thanks to all Fm designers for that
    matter. However I am stuck in CL, playing at Garret Level, the door to Gleaming Facet jeweler
    cannot be picked open, nor does it highlight. Is this correct ?. I've read the Old Man's walk-
    through and he mentioned picking the lock to enter. I need something in there. I did revert to
    my final save at the end of Meeting with basso, and restarted Midnight in Murkbell, went
    directly to the door and picked it open like a generic garden gate!,only to realize I was playing
    Cat thief!. No time to reload as I had to leave for work. I will check again when I get home, but
    that might not be for a while. I'm like a bad doctor. Is there a problem or are there different
    scenarios for the difficulty setting as far as the door is concerned? Thanks in advance

Where's the seeing eye? There's a closed gate with a lightswitch near the mueum and church. and through the gate is a statue holding a stone, and that might be it, but the gate is shut. I have the vamp and ghoule stones.

IRONWOODS -
    spoiler:
    After you have triggered the undead, the door to the Gleaming Facet can no longer be opened. You can't get the loot from there, but the other item that you need from there moves somewhere else, so keep looking, unless you can reload a save from before you met Mercedes.

operaghost -
    spoiler:
    There is something in the garden that you probably need, but not the "Ultraviolet....Eye". To get it, go down beside the Museum (to your left as you stand outside facing the front doors) and look for a small building on your left. To get into the garden you saw, check the back wall for a button. You have to hit that with a broadhead to open the gate.

Where is the cat? I have spent hours looking for it. I figured it was most likely up a tree but if it is it's WAY up there. I've given up and moved onto the next mission but if somebody can tell me where to look I will only be too happy to return and help the poor little lost thing.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Feb 2012 at 11:25.
    Why don't you be like me? Why don't you stop and see?
    Why don't you hate who I hate, kill who I kill to be free?

The cat only makes an appearance after you get back to your room after dropping the cylix. You should stumble across it after some time since its on the streets and not up a tree. The only hint I can give you without revealing too much, is to realize that you might not be the first person to locate it.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Feb 2012 at 11:29.

tootired - I looked for that d**n cat for hours and couldn't find it, then went back into the mission to check something for someone and walked right into it! Then, I reloaded another save for someone else at a different location in the mission and it happened again! Strange!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Feb 2012 at 11:32.

The cat
    spoiler:
    wasn't too hard for me to find, and I wasn't even looking for it. But the carrier was already alerted and had a few friends around so I decided to go back and get the cat later, hopefully it's still there.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Mar 2012 at 15:03.

I have a few questions. I only read 1 and 1/2 pages of this because it seems like it doesn't answer my questions, it gives away more than I should know yet, and it's a lot of reading. If the answer is already hidden in this thread I apologise.

spoiler:
    1. So I talked to Mercedes and triggered the Night of the Living Dead scenario without knowing there was much I should get done before this. I played through a lot before I finally realized by reading some posts that I should have waited until doing a lot of other things. Now what? Am I screwed? Can I still complete all the side quests and whatnot or did I miss my oppertunity to get the blade? I completed the musieum and it sounds like it's actually much easier if you let the dead pick off the guards and then just collect everything while they slowly chase after you. The only person you have to worry about is the archer at the top. So far it seems like the undead are easier than the guards because they move much slower, but then again the haunts and skeletons are harder and you can't blackjack undead.

spoiler:
    2. Something very frightening happened to me that nearly scared me senselesss. I was walking on the very south side right by the bridge leading to the psychic's place and I slip into a small dark alley because a skeleton is approaching and all of a sudden I hear a low growl, a bark and then Garrett yelling in pain. I look around and I swear there is nothing near me. I reload and it happens again!!! What the heck is this! Are there invisible undead too?

Thanks for any answers.
    I'm really looking foward to getting that blade and having a go at all the undead that I usually just ghost by.

Sharga:

1. you should be okay with quests
    spoiler:
    Some locations do close off when you trigger NOLD, but essential items teleport elsewhere from those locations (actually I can only think of one place but there may be more). In fairness though, I did the same thing as you, and then went back a few saves and re-explored pre NOLD, as I'm not crash hot at undead missions.

As for the sword, as far as I know it is available post NOLD, but not available on footpad difficulty. (Nightwalker please let me know if I'm wrong on that one)

2. Perhaps
    spoiler:
    The thread has shown that there is an invisible ghost of the original creature from CC. I never came across it, but |spent most of the NOLD in the canals!!! If you have the ultraviolet eye, it can reveal the invisible beastie I believe

Hope that helps

Hi,

Kaleid mentioned a save game editor? I have searched for any details, but can't find any Can anyone help with locating this please?

Sharga - Taliesin has got it all right. If you're comfortable with the AI, then you can still complete everything.

Ahh, then all is good. I suppose all I have missed is a little loot from the early triggering.

Anyhow, that would explain it since the attack happened right before I found the eye.

Back to the undead adventure!
    (I'm playing on Cat thief, so I hope that means I can still get the dagger.)

Two questions and a comment:

spoiler:
    I finally saw the CC ghose, in fact he seems to have a changing transperency even after you have the eye. He gets invisible then slightly visible then very visible, I think it depends on the lighting he's in. Anyhow, he's still freaky and I don't want to meet with him again.

spoiler:
    How do I get in the windmill? The door is locked and no key that I have seems to open it.

spoiler:
    There is a gate at the police station leading to a stone hallway, I hear some haunts or zombies in the distance. Is there any way to open this? I could find no buttons or levers nearby.

Thanks

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910152025 ... LastLast