TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126 ... LastLast

Thread: Calendra's Legacy Mission 2: Midnight in Murkbell (questions)

is a Black Cat!

hummm!

I've got some question's here!

spoiler:

On expert-mode (Garrett-mode?) I've completed all the objects except destroying the Cylicx. And I think it's not so smart to enter the graveyard without the amulet.

I've collected the vampire-stone, the mummy-head, and gouls stone . . .
    And I have put these items on the right spots in the circle at the Wizard's place.

The book says: Put the 3.rd stone at the number 7 . . .
    Now, what exactly is the "3.rd" stone?
    Is it the diamond I stole at the museum?

And what about the stuff to create the amulet with? Where do I find that? Is it in the lost box which fell into the canal and is now in an underground cave? Where is that cave?

I know you got answears for me . . .

Sharga -
    spoiler:
    I met that "ghost" a few times and I hope I never do again! He's wicked! As for the windmill, I'm afraid I don't recall having any problems with the doors there. The one closest to the bridge is pickable and the one farthest away is unlocked.

I never found a way into the police station basement. If there is one, I don't know where it is.

mOdEtWo -
    spoiler:
    You can do the graveyard without the Amulet easily. The best way in, actually, isn't through the graveyard gates, but through the basement door of the Cathedral. If you go back and look under the leg of the desk in the Library, there is a key there that wasn't there before. Then go out the other door and down to the basement. That's the sneaky way into the house in the graveyard.[

However, if you want to put the Amulet together, you are missing the Lich's Eye, which is found in Vilrath's garden. That's not far from the Psychic's house. One of the statues is holding the Eye. The Amulet itself is in the canal. Swim up the canal that runs between the Black Die and the Cathedral. Just before you swim through the last grate, dive down and check the bottom for a hole. Swim down in and you'll find a chest in a small cave.

I hope that helps you out.

spoiler:
    Yes, I already went in the one leading to the note for the professor. But the one that is on the windmill, right next to the pickable one, is locked and nothing I have will open it. Perhaps I should try blasting through it...

Yay:
    spoiler:
    I figured out how to get the gold plate with the plum and the cup, that really made me happy since I saw it from the canal and it took me quite some time to get by all those undead patrols in that well-lit area.

Double yay:
    spoiler:
    I killed tha cardinal and his three mummy guards. Boy, he sure takes a lot. I emptied like 15 holy water arrows on him along with two fire arrows. And the mummies are rather strong too. Well, I've emptied most of my undead killing resources now but I have the cup back! I completed the mission just so I could save it at the start of Winter's eve. But I refuse to leave it until I can get the stones in the amulet and get the vampire sword. I've got the Lich and the Vampire stone, so I think all I need is the ghoul one.

[EDIT]

spoiler:
    Ok, For some reason the door has unlocked, but I swear it was locked before, did I do something special to trigger it or is it a bug? Anyhow I spent a lot of time killing the vampire with the glowing red hand and his mist (so it is possible) along with a zombie and the blue ghost thing that shoots skulls. All the while the CC monster continued to run into me and attack and I couldn't see it. So after loads of trouble I finally got the amulet working (I had to sit on a ledge for a long time and wait for the CC monster to go away before I could do the ritual) and had some real fun over at the graveyard. But now how do I get the dagger? I think it's dumb that you start the next mission with the dagger and the amulet even if you didn't get it in the previous mission. You should have to work for it. Perhaps I'm just being a poo head

[/EDIT]
    Last edited by Sharga; 21st Apr 2002 at 22:11.

Sharga -
    spoiler:
    The sword is in the Falstaff Wizard's Guild on CatThief and Garrett. If you have the Amulet already assembled, didn't you see it?? If it's just that you couldn't figure out how to get it, then you need to go upstairs to the small side room and frob the torch holder on the wall.

You'd have to ask Purah about the thing with starting with the sword in Mission #3, even if you didn't get it in Mission #2. The question was asked about the Amulet, though and if you listen to the movie at the beginning of Mission #3, you'll see that it's several months later and it is left open enough that the Amulet could have been given to you by Mercedes in the intervening time. At least that's basically what we were told.

As for the windmill door, I swear that I've been there both before and after the NLD and it was always unlocked for me, so I don't understand that at all. At least you got it, anyways.

I can't believe how horrible I am at these sort of things!
    spoiler:
    This whole time I was switching between ghosting and running like mad through the undead filled streets when all I had to do was pull a little torch and grab the dagger! You have to admit though, the torch is hard to see.
    Did anyone else notice a big evil eye appear above the wazard place after getting the amulet? It was really cool and it had neato magic shots.

Anyhow I am now satisfied and will move on to the next mission without feeling like I have missed anything.

spoiler:
    I did notice a strange crumpled note laying on the ground behind the museum that I couldn't pick up, any ideas as to what this was?

Sharga -
    spoiler:
    The crumpled piece of paper was just that...street litter.

The "evil Eye" over the Wizard's Guild is mentioned somewhere in a note or book. It's the "guardian" that the Wizard's have protecting their hall at night. Scared the daylights out of me the first time I saw it!

Regarding item carryover (i.e. the Lich eye and the Vampyre Blade) or the lack thereof... I set them up to carry over from the missions in which you found them first. Unfortunately there was a problem with the carry over. It worked fine for me and but not for Purah. The mission had to be released before we could figure out what was wrong, so he revised the story line a bit to make it ambiguous as to how you came across them. Who knows, if there is a patch released, maybe this will finally get fixed...

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    Sharga -
    spoiler:
    The question was asked about the Amulet, though and if you listen to the movie at the beginning of Mission #3, you'll see that it's several months later and it is left open enough that the Amulet could have been given to you by Mercedes in the intervening time. At least that's basically what we were told.
    Just to add to that:

spoiler:
    Also if you read Mercedes' diary, she says that she has been searching for the amulet, indeed goes on about it for some time. Not too much of a leap of faith to assume that she tracked down the bits. She also says to Garrett in the next cut scene, just give me the jewels (or something like that). If you got the amulet it could be any old jewels, if not it could be the amulet jewels that she's hired you to steal in the intervening time.

just a thought

edit... and of course, like a fool I hadn't read Thumper's post so am probably reading too much into it!

is a Black Cat!

tnx!

Thanx Nightwalker for another great tip!
    Keep up the good work!

>...so am probably reading too much into it!

Taliesin, I think you are reading it exactly like Purah hoped you would.

How do I get into the museum as the doctor?

Originally posted by Lurox
    How do I get into the museum as the doctor?
    spoiler:
    to get in the museum as the doctor, you need the invite. Not far from your room in Knife street there is a grey door with a kind of gothic door handle, identical to the door at the wizards guild. Pick your way into there, go up and follow the route. You'll find the doctor (kinda) and the invite. Then give it to the guard at the museum.

hope that helps

I've collected Jortuls skull, the amulet, and the three red stones, but I have yet to find the spell book so I can assemble the stupid thing. Any ideas where it might be? Then again, I'm playing footpad diff, so maybe it's unavailable. Ideas? Thanks.

It's there on Footpad. You need to
    spoiler:
    go back to the Cathedral and look on the shelves in the Cardinal's room (the same one where you dropped the Cylix down the chute.)

my write ups

I've just finished my umpteenth run through of Act II: Midnight in Murkbell and my write-up. I'm short three hundred thirty-five loot and two pockets. Any suggestions please? Thanks. I'm going to move on to Act III: A Winter's Eve, now.
    Last edited by Old Man; 22nd Apr 2002 at 19:32.

I won't be any help, because I ended up 340 short on loot last time through, but I love your walkthrough, Old Man. Thanks for posting it.

Thumper- Too bad the carryover didn't work, but a time limit is a time limit. I know the story explains how Garrett might have gotten it, I had just wondered why a carryover wasn't used, but now I know and knowing's half the battle

Old Man- your walkthroughs are great, but it looks like I'm ahead of you now. Then again I might not get any playing time in for a while so by the time I do get back to it you will probably have beaten mission three before I have even started it.

Old Man,
    I posted the location of the last piece of loot you missed in Mission 1 in the mission 1 thread, if you want to finish your walkthrough for that part. If you don't wanna go looking through that other thread, the location of the last lucky coin is: On the floor in the cell to the left of the sleeping guard in the prison area. Good luck!
    ~element_5~

Perfect Thief

Thanks a bunch, element_5. The write-up for Act I: A Meeting with Basso has been updated. For those who don't already know, A sucessfully Ghosted mission with all loot is called Perfect Thief.
    Last edited by Old Man; 23rd Apr 2002 at 18:31.

No prob, Old Man

EDIT: Thanks for the mention on your walkthrough, I feel honored
    ~element_5~

Sharga:
    I did notice a strange crumpled note laying on the ground behind the museum that I couldn't pick up, any ideas as to what this was?

If I remember correctly, you can pick up this note before you release the undead. I do believe I picked it up before hand. After the undead are released it is no longer frobable.

Originally posted by howie

If I remember correctly, you can pick up this note before you release the undead. I do believe I picked it up before hand. After the undead are released it is no longer frobable.
    Do you remember what it said?

crumpled paper

I tried a few things here:
    spoiler:
    Rope arrowed out past the Duchess at the very beginning and got to the paper before the meeting ended -- No. Garrett had not yet said "I'm on my way." After the meeting with the Duchess and on my way to the Cathedral -- No. Loaded up my very last save just before destroying the Cylix in the fire and tried to give the Cylix to the invisible Cylix ward on Watercrest Island. He wasn't interested. Okay, how about after the invisible ward is dead? Dunno. I killed him alright but the objective to not kill any humans failed me. I can't think of anything else right now but will see if any more ideas come to mind. So far, I've tried regularly throughout the mission and it's never been accessible.

spoiler:
    I can't seem to locate the amulet. I know it's in a trunk, underwater, between the Cathedral and Black Die. I've found a couple of other trunks and some other interesting things, but alas, no amulet.
    Where might said amulet be located? Am I stupid or just unobservant? No, wait, don't answer that one.

Next, I invest in diving equipment.

LOL! The diving equipment might not be a bad investment for this one.
    spoiler:
    If you come out the hole in the wall from the Cathedral grounds and into the water, there's a grate to your left (unless you came in this way, in which case it's open!) Swim just through that hole, then straight down to the bottom. There's a hole that leads down to a small cavern and the chest with the Amulet is in there.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126 ... LastLast