TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227 ... LastLast

Thread: Calendra's Legacy Mission 2: Midnight in Murkbell (questions)

I think Nightwalker is right, it probably is just trash. Perhaps you were thinking of a different note howie. Or maybe its another secret. Someone should ask Purah about this one.

Thank you for the help.

And now, another question:
    spoiler:
    I decided to let the mummies in the museum do my work for me, but now I can't find the lantern guard's corpse to get the key to the vault. Does he disappear if you didn't pickpocket the key before NLD? I do have a save from before then, if I have to go back. I want the goodies in that vault...

He should still be there, somewhere. Check all the corpses for keys. Maybe he dropped his lantern??

My new pet!

Okay, that is just too darn cute. I "used" the vampyre's eye to see what would happen, and:

spoiler:
    I got my own pet zombie! Very fun, when it came to causing a little mayhem, but how do you send him away? He's a bit too devoted and he's CERTAINLY too noisy to keep around if I want to sneak through the city without killing every poor guard and civilian I come across. I tried locking him in the Gleaming Facet, but he opens the door and follows.

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Re: My new pet

Oh... a pet - d'oh

spoiler:
    I accidentally used the eye, summoned the zombie and assumed it was out to get me and holy water arrow'd it.

I feel guilty now

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    He should still be there, somewhere. Check all the corpses for keys. Maybe he dropped his lantern??
    Eeeehhh, heh...heh...*nervous laugh* Actually, I think it got bit off. I did find him...it wasn't a pretty sight, though.

YUUUUUCK!! Gross!

Museum Invitation?

Hello,

I'm puzzled. I found the balcony off of the guard tower and picked up the museum invitation for the Doctor.

I made my way back to the museum, hoping that this meant I'd be able to go in as a visitor instead of a thief. But no luck. I can have the invitation selected in my inventory and the guards still think I'm a no-good thief and whack away with their swords.

I noticed, however, that The Fire Eater had gone in as Dr. P. Is there something wrong, then? I'm playing on the highest difficulty (I think that's "Garrett" in this FM - can't keep it straight )

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Unless I have missed this one, what is with the Zombie, that is outside the main gate at St. Trinettes, he looks to be carrying a Broom? I killed him, just see if I could get the broom, or whatever that thing is he has. The broom just stands there, is it supposed to magically sweep my fears away.

If you don't want the guards to attack you inside of the museum, you must present the invitation to the single guard outside the museum doors. If you already got rid of him you need to restart. Because when you show him your invitation he thinks you are the doctor and opens the doors to the museum himself for you. And only after that will the guard inside of the museum will not attack you.

Melissa - You should have been able to walk up to the guard, as long as you had the invitation, and he should have welcomed you and then let you into the Museum, where you can walk around undisturbed. Something definitely didn't work properly for you there.

BA - I saw the zombie with the broom, too, but I have no idea if it's supposed to do anything.

I ran into the same problem, had the invite in my inventory. And the guard kicked my butt, so I kicked back, killed him and killed everyone inside. Too bad, OK going through again anyway. I hope this time it works.

museum invitation

Playing on expert in CL Midnight in Murkbell, I've got the invitation to the museum from Dr. Provost, but everytime I approach the guard at the front door, he says "Why Dr. Provost, I didn't recognize you all dressed in black" (or something to that effect), and then kills me. Do I need a change of clothes to get in?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to the forum, ss1f! It sounds like Melissa and you are having the same problem. He should say what he said to you, ss1f, but then he should open the Museum doors to let you in, not KILL you! Maybe you should e-mail Purah to see if he has any ideas. Also, I will repeat this even though it's been posted many times, make sure you are playing with a patched version of T2, unless the one you bought was already version 1.18, otherwise you will run into numerous problems. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but I have no idea why this is happening to you.

workaround to Dr. Provost bug

Here's a workaround I found for the museum invitation bug.

With the invitation in your inventory, sneak up to the guard at the front door of the museum and let him spot you. Whether he addresses you as Dr. Provost prior to attacking or just attacks, the invitation should disappear from your inventory.

At that point, run off and jump in the canal and let things settle down. Then sneak past the guard at the door and into the museum. From there on, the guards on the inside will leave you alone (or at least they're leaving me alone, for now).

Hehe, apparently he doesn't like the color black.

Oooh, I didn't know you could make a pet zombie, cool!

Another glitch?

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    Not until later, but since you're having so many problems, I'll tell you a secret.

spoiler:
    You can get your BJ if you're really quick. You have to go north of the Black Die and follow the streets to your rented room, duck in and you can grab your BJ, jump in the water and get thee to the Cathedral quickly. It might take you awhile to figure out the route so you can do it fast enough. I'd post the route for you, but I'm making dinner and I don't have time to go write it down. If you want it, e-mail me and I'll do it later for you. You can't BJ the guards in the yard outside the Cathedral, but you CAN BJ the ones inside. If you get it, use it VERY sparingly or you may seriously regret it later on.
    For funzies, I started over and decided to try what's described above. but when I got to my room:

spoiler:
    The only thing there was a single water arrow on the nightstand and my empty chest against the wall. Where the heck is my stuff?

Did I go too fast?

Cheers!
    -M
    Last edited by Melissa; 29th Apr 2002 at 02:27.
    Your mileage may vary

Mellissa

No you didn't go too fast, it is as it should be:

spoiler:
    When you meet the contact you are told you have 10 minutes to reach the Cardinal - before the bell strikes. That's the midnight bell. You told Basso to deliver your stuff at midnight. Therefore, as your dropping the cylix down the shoot, Basso is dropping your other gear in the room. What you get was the little extra you brought with you.

It doesn't seem like an awful lot:

spoiler:
    but if you're not very good at ghosting (like me), a blackjack can be invaluable for getting round some of those awkward bits of murkbell. Don't worry all your stuff will be there after you've dropped the cylix off. Of course getting it will trigger the NOLD.

Melissa - Actually, on Footpad and CatThief
    spoiler:
    the BJ is in the room before you go to the Cathedral. I've tried it out and found it, but it's not there on Garrett, so if that's the difficulty level you started over on, Melissa, then the BJ wouldn't be there.

My mistake, misread Mellissa's earlier post and assumed that she
    spoiler:
    had the bj as well as the water arrow.

d'oh

Differences between difficulty levels

This is interesting. I played through most of the mission on Expert, then restarted last night on Normal because I wanted the black jack and because I was experiencing other bugs and wanted to see if a replay would get around them
    spoiler:
    (being attached in the museum with an invitation in hand, unable to complete the amulet weapon without angry mages coming out of the wood work, etc.)

I'm noticing other little differences and thought it might be interesting at some point to catalogue them here. For now, here's one:

spoiler:
    There is no Canal Street Key in the cathedral on Normal setting - I'm sure hoping that means the gate isn't locked anymore or I'll be annoyed

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

You'll notice quite a few differences between the Garrett and Footpad.
    spoiler:
    The canal gates are unlocked in Footpad, so you don't need that key. You also can't get the sword.

Hmmm... actually, I'm playing in the middle difficulty (Cat Thief?). Annoyingly, the gate is still locked.

That annoys the hell out of me. What's the point of removing the key if I can't open the gate?

Shame about the sword - I can't get it at all at this difficulty?

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Melissa -
    spoiler:
    Did you try picking the gate?? I pretty sure that it opens with your lockpicks on Cat Thief. No, you can't get the sword at all on Footpad, but if you're playing on CatThief, then you can get it in the same place as on Garrett.

Hi Nightwalker!

I had a d'oh! moment. On Cat Thief, you can't pick the gate. However, you CAN just open it. Ahem.

About the sword: yay! I didn't finish the Wizard's area on Garrett and wanted to snatch the blade.

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227 ... LastLast