TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord Ashton Series FM 1: A Visit to Lord Ashton's (V2: Aug 12, 2002)

Lord Ashton Series FM 1: A Visit to Lord Ashton's (V2: Aug 12, 2002)

This is a great mission so far. I have even managed to kill my first ever tree beast normally I run like hell! The mansion is massive like the one in Art of Thievery. I have the mask of Alten, the navigaton globe and loot requirement but have no idea what the following objectives mean;

1. Suche die Hand des Ruhmes und nehme sie an Dich.
    2. Irgendwo im Haus soll ein. Wertvoller goldener Schädel versteckt sein. Finde ihn und nehme ihn mit.
    3. Wenn Du alle Deine Ziele erledigt hast, gehe auf den Friedhof.

Can anybody translate please?

Also
    spoiler:
    in the room opposite the safe room is a room containing to safe boxes with a statue above them at activates a secret compartment or door. I have looked everywhere but I can't see what it opens.

Download at Thiefmissions.com
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 12th Jun 2012 at 11:17. Reason: add download link

Re: Besuch bei Lord Ashton help!

Originally posted by ouzman

1. Suche die Hand des Ruhmes und nehme sie an Dich.
    2. Irgendwo im Haus soll ein. Wertvoller goldener Schädel versteckt sein. Finde ihn und nehme ihn mit.
    3. Wenn Du alle Deine Ziele erledigt hast, gehe auf den Friedhof.

Can anybody translate please?

1. Search the Hand des Ruhmes (hand of glory) and take it.
    2. Somewhere in the mansion a valuable golden skull is hidden. Find it and take it with you.
    3. Once your objectives are completed go to the graveyard.

@ouzman
    spoiler:
    there are 2 statues who open the door to the mask.....both staues are required to open the door

This is a good mission. Did anyone else notice the Gordon Freeman and Corporal Shepard rooms?
    I have completed all objectives except the loot and the final objective.
    Having been (I assume) everywhere in the mansion I don't know how to get the rest of the loot, I am a long way off.Is the vault door openable? I got in the back way to get the mask and loot using the statues etc, but was wondering if the vault door opens to a different room. If so, how do I open it?

@ Orson

do you mean the big round vault door? Then read here:
    spoiler:
    go to the bedroom of Lord Ashton, behind the drapes is a little lever, it makes the picture move. Behind the Picture is the key to the vault

you will found enough loot there...

AAAhhh.......mucho thanko.

Thanks for the translation. As a started with a letter I thought I might have to deliver it to someone and didn't want to blackjack anybody in case. I have been everywhere now but still have the gold skull and Hand des Ruhmes to find. I think one of them
    spoiler:
    is behind a metal window/door in the atic room where the tree beast was but I can't find the lever to open it. Any clues?

@ Ouzman

spoiler:
    near the ladder is a telescope, it opens the secret door at the attic
    spoiler:
    The hand of glory is in a secret room under the big stair. The lever to open it is between the bushes
    ...I hope it helpes..

Thanks Christine. Now finished your great first mission and now onto the second installment. I really appreciate all the effort that must have gone into designing them. Great stuff!

lord ashton

I think this is such a good mission but I can't find the key to the attic doors and is there a secret passage somewhere in the library? I need some help.

Look at the Thread "Besuch bei Lord Ashton help" (last post May 26) - there you will find some answers

FM Lord Ashton

I didn't find all the loot but have enough to finish. I can't find the important mask. I also read all the other threads and,

spoiler:
    did find the statue in the room with two safes. It turned but I can't find another statue. I also have a safe key but no safe. Please help!

@ Hawklette

The safe key is for the door
    spoiler:
    to the room with the mask. Go back to the hall, beside the living room is a little room with a safe door, open it, inside you will find the 2. statue to open the next door
    ...I hope it helpes

Thanks Christine, I missed that little room completely. I was able to finish but didn't find all the loot. I'm off for the next part. The only thing I miss is the Black Jack. I like to sneak up and knock them out rather than fight. Well, this one is helping me get my fighting skills back. LOL!!

I'm glad you liked it, but you should have a blackjack...

Need hint: Hand of Glory?

I've got everything else. Silent project is (thus far) a great success.

-Theef

Theef,
    spoiler:
    check the gardens in the front foyer downstairs.

Thanks, Nightwalker.

spoiler:
    This really is a fantastic mission. I love the challenge of tile just everywhere in this one. It shows that in mission design, you don't necessarily need mechs and eyes everywhere- just a bit of tile and some touchy sound propigation and it's just as good. I must've alerted all of the guards at once, upon entering. I hid in a darkened room and kept popping out of the corner with the blackjack. Amazingly, I got at least 5 of them in one fell swoop. I can't believe I wasn't caught. Excellent mission. I'm on the second mission, now, and I'm really having fun blackjacking people and backstabbing the burricks. Great replayability, here. I want to go back and see how many guards I can get to come after me, and then mow them down from that rooftop. Whee-doggie!

Good, clean, Thiefy fun!

-Theef

Lord Ashton's - need help

OK, I've played through Lord Ashton's (the first of the three German missions recently translated into English and posted over here) but can't complete it quite yet.

I successfully found the Hand of Glory, the Navigator's Globe, and the Mask objective (sorry, don't remember the name), and the 8000 loot. However, I cannot find the golden skull. Where is it/how do I get to it?

Also, are there any translations for the German verbal "one-liners" Garrett makes at various points in the mission (especially any ones providing hints towards the golden skull)?

spoiler:
    I read the book in the Head Librarian's office referring to a secret passage full of dead bodies; I sure haven't found such a passage, though. Are Garrett's German one-liners in the library supposed to provide me a hint in that direction?

In general, this is a really great mission. Love all the large areas, different textures, etc. I look forward to the two sequels which are on my hard drive awaiting me finishing this mission.

I can only answer your first question, about the skull.
    spoiler:
    Flip the telescope that's up in the roof garden, then check the back wall of the practice room.

All the sound as far as I know are from the game, so I don't think the one-liners will help you that much. I wonder why they aren't translated, but maybe some of them are from Thief Gold.

I have only used original sounds, Garrett's comments are all from Thief II.
    The book in the Librarian's office told you about the secret passage in Lord Gervasius house. It should only be a tip, that the fanmission is before Thief II.

golden skull

Where is the golden skull? is there a secret passage somewhere in the library. I opened the door at the far end of the attic by moving the telescope, but I can't seem to get to that door.

You really didn't need to post your question in two places. Just putting it here, rather than starting a new thread would have been fine. In any case, I'll answer it here, too, if I can.

You didn't say WHY you can't get to that door at the far end of the attic?? Are you missing the attic key? Are you having trouble getting past the tree beast?? If you are missing the key,
    spoiler:
    then go back down to the outdoor pool and into the room behind the corner screen. Inside the room, there's another screen and the key is on the floor behind it.

If the problem is the treebeast, I've been told he's easy to get rid of with a fire arrow. For a sneakier way,
    spoiler:
    go into the doorway, lean in and put out the torch above the door with a water arrow. Then you can either sneak down to the far end, or sneak over behind the treebeast and backstab it.

golden skull

Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the two posts...I meant to post it here but i hit "new post"instead of "reply". Won't happen again.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast