TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hallucinations Released

Hallucinations Released

I shot the designer, so I can finally release this beast. Below is a posting from Jason with a URL for the mission.

Enjoy...

frobber
    Last edited by frobber; 4th Jun 2002 at 19:26.

Sounds great - look forward to the experience I bet this one will eat up a lot of data transfer!
    Last edited by Komag; 4th Jun 2002 at 19:50.
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Thiefmissions.com

Please save frobber's bandwidth and grab it here .

BTW, frobber, Komag's right; I do 8GB of traffic on an average day. Just for fan missions.

This mission is the second-largest, behind Calendra's Legacy and just in front of Calendra's Cistern. (Bloodsport, 7th Crystal, Apache's Pack and Inverted Manse are next.) So I expect a good traffic spike tonight.

Finally, I'm really excited to have another mission by the author of The Enterprise. I still have fond memories of that mission.
    Last edited by epithumia; 4th Jun 2002 at 18:11.
    - J<

Gone, but never forgotten
    Downloading now

It is Fm with the Cathedral of Chartres
    Last edited by Lady Jo; 4th Jun 2002 at 19:55.

Nice one Frobber!!!!!! I'll download it soon and start it first thing after work!!

Originally posted by Lady Jo
    It is Fm with the Cathedral of Chartres
    That is almost true... My cathedral is modeled after Cathedral de Chartres in France, but my 'cathedral mission' happens after Hallucinations -- it will be called 'The Insurrection.' But you do get a good look at the cathedral during the briefing mission fly-though.

AW MAN THAT'S HUGE!

Just hope it'll be good...

Awesome so far!!!

Oh I must finish ThiefGold so I can go on and play all these Thief2 FMs.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links

Zaccheus' hospital blog

Downloading now. Thanks, Frobber! I'll check out the mission and post back here. I'm almost done /w Christine's "Flucht!" (I wonder at the pronunciation of that word). I'll post back here soon, I'm sure.

-Theef

Hey frobber...just completed the final version on expert. (I gave a shot a DL overnight and didn't get kicked off so the DL went fine even with 56k.) The opening was too cool...esp the inside of the cathedral. Liked the few changes I saw. Thanks for all the hard work.

Originally posted by SlyFoxx
    (I gave a shot a DL overnight and didn't get kicked off so the DL went fine even with 56k.)
    Guess that means I won't send you a CD

(I owe Sly A LOT of CDs -- since he sent me at least nine CDs full of recorded audio for his voice-acting parts - talk about dedication!)

Just trying to give something back to the thief community. BTW folks the opening of the mission proper, when Garrett puks his guts up.... I was in my studio trying to figure out just how to do the first line about "feeling like dog shit" So I went down into the basement and got a huge plank of ply-wood. Then into the kitchen for a can of pineapple. Took it all up to my studio and put the wood on the floor and covered it with a thin layer of newspaper. Put a mic near the ground and one near my face. Then I just filled my mouth with as many chunks of pineapple as possible and spewed it all over the plywood on the floor. Talk about an icky sticky mess I must have done about 6-7 takes of this and pineapple was going everywhere I guess it still needed to sound grosser so Frobber added some more heaving and belching to achieve the final result.

Anybody who needs voice work done shoot me a note and I'll be happy to help you out.

SlyFoxx

You ever need that effect again, I can tell you unequivocally that nothing works so well as Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup splattered on a floor from a height of about 3 feet off the deck. It doesn't sound authentic to the ear, but when you hear the recording playback, it's "chunx o' death".

-Theef

Great story about the pineapples -- never heard about that

The 'little extra' was just an over-the-top heaving sound plus splashing on the ground -- courtesy of a Monte Python clip that had me rolling on the floor. This FM designing is a really odd hobby -- must've downloaded 50 audio clips of people puking -- and I've concluded that the 'real thing' is pretty hard to capture on audio.

Except for that small addition, I used Sly's audio without tweaking. He's a pro IMHO, so if you need a 'Garrett' or other voice, I highly recommend him.

Originally posted by Theef

I'm almost done /w Christine's "Flucht!" (I wonder at the pronunciation of that word).
    LOL! I have a friend in Zurich whose last name is Fuchs. In German, the name means fox and the closest English pronunciation would be something like "fooks", but Americans don't know that.

An excellent FM Frobber and my many thanks go out to all who attributed!!! Love that opening scene too, beautiful architecture.
    Great story, some well done funny bits and I felt real tense the whole way through (sign of a top FM IMHO).

Thanks again and now I'm off to play it again ....... and again probably!!

Dwonloading now! 45MB? Even I, with my 56k modem, have no fear of this. Judging by the screenshots, this mission will equal, and better, its size in quality!!

Great work frobber!

Note to self: I really must get my arse in gear with my own fan missions.
    Always Remember Rule One:
    Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!
    --Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

Originally posted by Brian_R171

LOL! I have a friend in Zurich whose last name is Fuchs. In German, the name means fox and the closest English pronunciation would be something like "fooks", but Americans don't know that.
    Foreign last names sometimes come across as something close to their original pronunciation (not a word), but they also often get translated, so we have "Fox"es over here, as in "Samantha Fox"

Originally posted by Komag

Foreign last names sometimes come across as something close to their original pronunciation (not a word), but they also often get translated, so we have "Fox"es over here, as in "Samantha Fox"
    Over here? I thought Samantha Fox was a Brit.

What an incredible FM Frobber - thanks so much for all the efforts it took to make it. I loved the
    spoiler:
    frozen over waterway and the view walking up to the Town square - with the different heights of the areas all over the map, it made it seem so much like a real city
    . I encourage everyone to check this one out and some of the conversations are really funny. I'm going back in tonight just to wander around the map some more.

Great FM peoples - make sure to check it out.

I found the " 9 & 3 " easter eggs , pretty neat . Hmmm , I wonder what else I'm missing .
    Last edited by bdkl; 5th Jun 2002 at 22:30.

Originally posted by bdkl
    I found the " 9 & 3 " easter eggs , pretty neat . Hmmm , I wonder what else I,m missing .
    Thanks for saying only this much...

To all who understand ...Please don't say more...

Just played though this and liked it a lot, although I did spend half of my time trying to figure out where to go, I also kept missing the levers on the walls to open up the gates to the other areas, but that is probably just me being incompetent .
    Still, very nice architecture in and around the city, which in turned my walking speed into a snails pace, because of the slow down...

I managed to find a blackjack right in the cathedrals entrance, and im still baffled why
    spoiler:
    all of the zombies decided to revolt against the towns people, all at the same time!

Very funny, but never-the-less, a great mission, I cant wait for the second part.

Keep up the good work!

Originally posted by Spanker
    I managed to find a blackjack right in the cathedrals entrance, and im still baffled why...
    It's labeled "Spare BlackJack" and it really is a spare. One beta-tester lost her blackjack under an odd set of circumstances, and since I could never figure out why, I decided to merely create and leave a spare in a handy location -- but I can't reveal why I put it right there

As to your spoiler comment...

spoiler:
    The zombies actually come out in several waves, but on Expert, the timing is so close together that it may well seem sometimes to have happened all at once. Also, the mission design is a chaotic system, so the next time you may hardly see them in bunches at all.
    Last edited by frobber; 5th Jun 2002 at 21:24.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast