TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Sisterhood of Azura Part 1 - Estheridge (13 Jun. 2002)

I seem to recall that you go across the market square and through a passageway into another section of town. I do remember that you go through a square with a bonfire in the middle with a couple of pagans (I think) standing by it. There's also an apparition drifting around that part of town. Sara's is off to the right just past there. The door is to your left after you turn right. If you still can't find it, I'll check it out and make sure that at least some of this is right!

Stuck in Sisterhood of A Part 1 (whatever happened to part II????)

I have completed all the objectives except kill the keeper and enter the sisterhood house. Which is the keeper I have to kill?

He's
    spoiler:
    in the locked part of the Library that you get into through a teleport. I think he's dressed in green, though I'm not sure.
    It fools a lot of people because he's not labelled so there's no way to tell which one he is.

I don't know what happened to Pt. 2. Ben Hur seems to have disappeared. Hopefully he'll come back eventually as I'd really like to see Pt. 2 as well.

Ahhhh. I got into the locked part of the library by breaking down the door (I was frustrated!). So my next question is :

How was I meant to get into that part of the library?????

I think I knocked out the two people in that part????

There's a more interesting way in. There's a little lever, in the small office, I think, though I'm not sure as I haven't played this for a long, long time. I think it's behind a plant??

Sisterhood of Azura pt 1

I've read all the post on this one, and i guess no one had trouble finding the eye....I have the key to the back door of the sisterhood, but don't know where to use it either....I know where the cathedral is, but never found a way in.....I read about a pool key, but don't remember every finding it....I'm sure if i find the eye, i would answer some of these questions....I missed something along the way...I have been through all the streets....I never found a way on to any of the roofs, either.....Can someone give me a small hint...that would help me with some or all of my problems....LOL....marker98

You haven't found the Eye because you haven't been in the Cathedral section yet. To get in there, you need to go into the Police building, which is in the same square as the Cathedral gates. As for roof tops, I seem to remember having to rope arrow up to them, for the most part but there are only a few places you can get up to.

I wonder what happened to it, by the way. Ben Hur showed up awhile ago, said he had it almost done and then disappeared again. It would be nice to see the sequel.

Underrated - Should be a 9

Wow! At a measley 6 this is one of the most underrated missions on the circle. It has a big city, a story, great gameplay and a bunch of surprises. Since I give the higher rated, large megabyte missions priority, it's taken me years to get to it, but this is the kind of thing I'm looking for. I must have played 120 missions before hearing about it somewhere on the forum.

Sisterhood of Azura = 9
    Last edited by The inscrutable po; 23rd Oct 2005 at 14:12.

Yes the rating for Sisterhood of Azura at the Circle is a real shame. I've played this mission and really enjoyed it . I give it an 8 and it deserves it ! There's been a thread some time ago pointing out that the voting system at the Circle should be modified as there are funny taffers voting in a very erratical sort of way

And when I voted on it yesterday, it had no visible effect on the score so obviously it needs more votes. One thing they can do is create a separate category - Big City Missions, which I think deserve more attention just because they're so much work. You want to give the small missions credit but this is the real thing, the kind of sprawling landscape and slowly developing story that made Thief into the immersive experience that it is. To rate this less than something with a couple of small buildings is ridiculous.

Also, where the hell is part 2? I thought part 2 was out when I started, but it turned out that thread was just screenshots and promises.

Unfortunately nobody knows what happened to Ben Hur. He seems to have disappeared from the forums since last year. I feel frustrated not being able to play part two. While we're at Ben Hur, The Hashishans is another good mission of his. Sisterhood of Azura is a great mission in which you never get stuck.

er, i'm doing it as fast as my wife my job my computer and my rather shaky dromed will let me.
    If it takes a fortnight to walk a week how long will it take to measure the piece of string ? That's what I wanna know. tell me
    I had to relearn dromed basically from scratch, no mean feat. I do what i can when i can
    cheers
    ben hur

Are you sure you're really Ben Hur ? I'm growing suspicious I wonder if it isn't a bad joke

er i hope so, my real name is Andy, hence the name And, Ben Hur was my old onscreen name also thee Ben Hur due to the ole saying
    Dae ye Ken Hur? Ken Hur, been fkkin Ben 'ur !! - an old Scottish proverb
    I am who I have always been.
    Are you ?????
    Who else ends thier post with the positive vibe of
    Shine on you crazy diamonds !
    Last edited by And; 25th Oct 2005 at 08:21.

You sound like a drunkard ahem ...
    I'll have you arrested and put into jail !
    Fist and Sword
    Lieutenant Mosley of the City Watch
    Last edited by Mosley; 25th Oct 2005 at 12:44.

All Secrets ??

Has anyone all Secrets ???

please tell me where I have to search for the last
    spoiler:

I got :
    - hole over the door in the lords maison
    - secret room in the lords masion
    - the alchemist shop with the poisons near the little garden
    - the forbidden area after taking the eye
    - the one over the crates near the pub
    - the one in the library ??? secret entrance ??
    - the one in the practise area in the weaponsmith shop

I think it might be inside the secret room in the Lord's mansion. There's a button in the corner above the bookcase to your right, as you enter the room. It just reveals a picture, I believe.

Thanks

Archivist

Sisterhood of Azura part 1

Part 2 of the Sisterhood of Azura series is currently under beta and should arrive soon, so i thought it's time to bump this thread to support this campaign and give it some extra advertisement. For those who haven't played the first part yet, now is the time to do so .

Part 2 screenshots:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58840
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90480

Last week I made my return to the town of Estheridge.

Quite a large city mission with lots of things to do.
    It has a complex story (readables), AI fights, good layout, an ambush, nice variation of factions (hammers, mechanists, city watch, pagans, haunts), interesting objectives, streetsigns, a nice sky and more.

The story is excellent. A lot of interesting happen in the mission that all seem to be connected with eachother. The many readables are well written and give a lot of depth to the story. Every one of them has something interesting to tell.

Another thing that deserves some extra attention is the AI. There are some fun AI fights to watch like the one in the Tippled Burrick pub.
    However, I get the idea that some are bugs, and are not actually meant to happen.
    The green suited guard for example, stationed outside near the library entrance. He attacks every blue suited city watch guard that he sees and causes a masacre in the city streets :P
    Maybe there's some part in the story I missed that explains this behaviour, but I can't think of any. But it's cool to see him slaughter several others before he goes down. It safes me the trouble.
    And what about the gang of two pagans and two city guards in the remote alley with the campfire. They attack every other AI they see, no matter if it's a mechanist, city guard, or the ghost from a few streets away. Everyone...but me . The only thing to do was to let them follow me to their alley and they deal with them swiftly.
    What was strange about this: when I came across them for the first time, the two guards were attacking the two pagans. But when another AI appeared they suddenly joined forces. I didn't really mind though.

Furthermore there were many unexpected surprises that gave the mission that little bit extra:
    the arrow coming out of the oven in Lord Wilson's mansion, the women in Lord Wilson's mansion that seems innocent at first but attacks when she sees Garrett :hehe:, the automated self supplying canon , and the gas mines in the Sisterhood's courtyard for example.

Also plenty of secrets to be found, with the secret room inside Lord Wilson's mansion as favorite. Nice trick! Is the white clothed man on the floor supposed to be you? I also find the secret painting

Except for the dated look it has these days, and a few remaining bugs, there is nothing to complain about. It's the immersive story and city layout with plenty to do and explore that impressses.
    I don't understand why it was underrated on the circle at the time it was released. I would've given it an 8 back in 2002, and even now it deserves not less then a 7 if you ask me.
    So nothing but compliments for your work And . I really hope that you complete this series.

The scene near the end, where Garrett is teleported to some sort of gathering place to see the pagans being slaughtered by mechanist, was impressive and I'm really looking forward to see this story continueing... rescueing the pagans, infiltrating the Sisterhood of Azura's mansion. Sounds as a good challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hur View Post
    The Sisterhood is a 3 parter

Part 1 - The Town of Estheridge
    Part 2 - The Azura mansion
    Part 3 - A town torn Asunder

Be a couple of months before Pt 2 is out !
    This is what you wrote back in june 2002, after releasing part 1.
    It took much longer then expected, but I'm glad that part 2 is now almost ready.
    Is part 3 still in the planning?

Difficulty played: Expert
    Secrets found: 7 out of 8
    Loot found: 2294 out of 2594
    Time taken: 2 hours 21 minutes 51 seconds
    Last edited by The Phantom; 9th Dec 2012 at 15:51.

Thanks Phantom !

Part 2 is in the very final stages of beta testing, all the big bugs have been eliminated and now I'm just whittling down the wee bugs.

Plenty of friendly assassins to help you in this one too you'll be glad to hear!

Guesstimatedtime of completion - either tomorrow or Monday

Cheers
    And (Ben Hur)

3 Years Later

I thought I'd redo Azura Pt1 before starting Pt2. This really was a fun FM to play, and I intend to rate it high on Garretloader. It certainly deserves a better rating than 6!

One thing that was never mentioned very much in Pt1 were the sewers. There were 2 sewer hatches neither of which were frobbable. Was there any way to get into the sewers? They obviously don't hold any secrets and I'm only 200 shy of total loot which apparently are inaccessable. So it's not too important. But I hate to leave areas unexplored.

The sewer hatches are just eye candy. I think

Need lotsof help please

It's a bit difficult even though I'm playing Easy mode. I'm not sure where to find Wilson's house/mansion or Library. I've tried reading all the various threads (which are many, weren't all put into one thread) and could not find any help. So here's kindof what I've done and been so you can piece it together.

My first venture took me across yard to read book through open window and around the other side where I found guard, eliminated, got all the stuff there and in other building, tried going through large two doors, locked. Later when reversing my way, is when two guards come thru and go into small bldg. where book was...they're eliminated.

I went to the Pub and did that scene...went up rooftop eliminated one guard in broken window across, eliminated both guards on street below there, and dropped down into Alchemist room got goodies. Have gone out down there, moved the two bodies and on that small side street where you find a Nobleman standing in front of an open window got the two items on his table. Went around and up to area on the left side where the group of various guards patrol. I cannot see anyway to eliminate or steal from any of them...they are too close together (approx 5/6)! How in the heck are you supposed to do that? I also got inside of Weaoponsmith and did all those things.

Anyway, I ran over across that street into a larger darkened area under a bldg. there, (I believe that's supposed to be King street). When I look to right from that shadowed place, there is a large white building which I thought was a Library but saw no way inside and about half way down in between that structure is a standing Bot...a dark clothed guard (has been eliminated but then later another type comes from that same direction which would be the gate you can't open from the other side near where you find the first guard , and he joins the other larger group).

Left there and eliminated guard standing under light down a ramp that leads to area where you see larger ramp that goes up to where that large group of guards ends their patrols and go back the other way. To many lights and not sure what buildings are up there? Wilson's/Police station??? Turned around and went around to the other side, past Nobleman's room and into that darkened area looking out and eliminated roaming Bot with the one Mine I had...also BJ'd guard later in his shack. Tried crossing over to what was part of the Market but still got caught by the two guards down at the other end and fought them. Went across and carefully opened one of the two sets of double doors and heard a Bot inside. Closed and left there.

On other explorations, I have eliminated two of the Watchers with Fire arrows (I know there is supposed to be a switch, but can't find where Police Sta. is as per one of my questions). There is one more Watcher out in the area that apparently leads to Cathedral left, that I know of, still active.

At this point..I have only one health potion left with a mostly filled life line. I've used all the fruit (including 3 from pub, 1 from Nobleman window, 2 from cart) plus 2 life potions. There are too many darn guards around still and I've only found one gas arrow early on. I've picked a couple or three arrows but none have been gas. In the meantime, I went back to Inn cause I read something about cards being worth money and I didn't pick those up originally thinking they weren't, turns out they weren't but another guard showed up (spawn) that started going in and out of Pub and down street, so I had to eliminate him to clear my way again.

I honestly don't think I'm going to be able to manage the rest of this game. I'm not a good melee fighter to begin with...plus all these Bots/Watchers and guards (some respawning apparently) plus something about a cannon I've read about seems to be more than I'm capable of, and have enough life left to get the rest of the way through with all that still needs to be done.

So if anyone can guide me through these areas and how to get around some of these obstacles so that I might have some kind of chance to continue, I'd like to give it a little more of a try...otherwise I might have to just call it a day and try something else. My thanks to those who might read this and think they can help.

This IS a very difficult mission but it helps if you use some of the stuff in it to thin out the guards. For instance, I seem to remember that you can lure guards into the Inn and the people inside will attack them. I spent quite awhile doing that and it was fun, in a weird sort of way. I'll load up the mission and send you some screenshots of the police station, library, etc. with a bit of help so maybe you'll be able to continue.

Thanks Nightie...I've already done the part with the Inn as I described above. I let the crowd fight by hiding under shadowed sidebar..the first time I tried this area I didn't like the way I ended up and I actually got killed as well by a Mechanist that was up in the second room when I tried looking in there later. On reload, I went to both rooms first (he was not there then) the first time I only went into the one...then let the brawl take place again...this time no injury to me and the rest of the crowd ended up outside all were dead as well. The only one that was still alive was one guard inside with me and I put his lights out regarding the Inn.

Only much later as I also described above again..apparently a "spawn" took place because when I went back into the Inn, another guard (dark clothed) was inside (I heard the door shut to the rooms as I entered, I had also relocked that door, heh, to keep any strangers out and that apparently didn't have any effect) so I knew he was a "spawn". I quietly checked the card deck on the table to find they were duds (worthless), carried them to the front and quietly dropped them...however by this time I heard the guard come out and saying something about knowing I was there. I quickly opened the door and got outside and down the street to a hiding place just in time. After watching for a bit seeing him now patroling between the inside of Inn and the street, figured I had to eliminate him, which I did. That was the street area I needed/wanted to travel still and didn't want to deal with him any further.

So anything else that you can provide will be most appreciated.

UPDATE: Got your email and it will help but from looking at the pic of Police Sta. area...I think those double doors up at the top is where I spotted one of the two Watchers...still active...the other one I had put out of commission with Fire arrow. There are several guards around that area. I believe the one I did get out there was from a different position...cause the first attempt of trying to get under open hole to open those doors...guard saw me or something and went around the other way through the other doorway (where the other two guards were patroling earlier on) so I highjacked it out of there fast to hide. Later I tried going out that other door after those two patroling guards were eliminated...but I didn't think I could get past the guard (which seems to be the one in the Police Sta?) and I think I must have ended up shooting the one Watcher from that postion...and as soon as I did that...I again hightailed it out of there to come back when things got settled down (as far as I can remember). I've been trying to make my way to "Pool" rm and from your pic...I think I was close but didn't know it then (if this is the same area I think it is?).

I still don't know how I'm going to get around all those guards by Wilson's, etc. I guess, body count doesn't really matter in this game, since most you have to kill and most are in sight of others besides anyway.... I surely don't understand how ppl were able to ghost this mission with all these obstacles to overcome...how would they get past guard in Police Sta for Watchers as an example..??? Far beyond my comprehension!
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 2nd Mar 2007 at 22:53. Reason: new info added

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast