TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Dwemer "Pushwall"

Dwemer "Pushwall"

Is mention of something called a Pushwall in one of the ruins simply a teaser, or is there something more to the Dwemer ruins? I certainly do think it's an utter shame that the ruins are just like any other dungeon; seemingly a random assortment of items that are non-interactive. Areas of not-much-discovery. It's sad, really, how similar they all are and how little can be learned from them at least upon most visits.

So, about these pushwalls. Is there any sort of existance to them, or is the game merely throwing out false carrots? I would LOVE to find something more intriuging and deeper in the Dwemer ruins. All I seek is an answer, yes or no, please. I'd rather not have the actual surprise ruined. At the very least, blotch it out if you're going to spoil something good. Thanks

Tel Vos has pushwalls, I havent seen any types of pushwalls in dwemer ruins though...

Hrm... are you absolutely certain it's called a "pushwall", Eberon? I had the editor search itself (Edit->Find Text, if anyone's curious) for such with 0 returns.

There's that one hidden door in the ruins you get Hanging Gardens from, but that's just a unique wall that's moved via a script... and isn't named pushwall in any way.

There's a locked secret door/pushwall in the basement beneath castle ebonhart!

That's only one I found besides the one Forsythe mentioned!

Well, as I said, at one point on a quest given by Edwinna in Ald'ruhn, you set out to find an excavaction report from the ruin that Forsythe mentioned. In that report, the man mentions pushwalls, so I figured that they were commonplace in dwemer ruins, maybe.

I am really disappointed in the lack of development of the whole Dwemer storyline. I did go through quite a few hoops in that direction, but nothing really solid came of it.

Exodus: That's a "Hidden door", actually; there's the one in Ebonheart as you say, and there's supposedly 5 in Tel Vos (one in each tower, and one [I think the S. tower] has two).

Eberon: Hrm... I think that you may be misremembering the word; if he'd used that one I would've found the respective dialogue.

Btw, for anyone to whom the above matters, the word turns out to be 'passwall'... and while I haven't played any of the other ES games, a quick search revealed that it's a spell in at least ES: Arena.