TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: T1: Turning the Tables

T1: Turning the Tables

In the Thief One FM Turning the tables how do you move the dresser in the lords room? I cannot find any way into the treasury except for that. Once you press the button behind his bed the wall moves but the dresser is still there! How do you move it?

Thanx

Hi, Masasune! Welcome to the forum!

Check the bedposts for a second switch.

Excuse my ignorance

Sorry - I don't seem to know how to post a new thread but as this seems still to be open I'll try my luck here. Playing on easy cos I always start on easy I have two bodies in the treasury room. Now I thought that was also the vault but the objective doesn't tick off. Is there somewhere else that is the vault. I eventually found the first body - when I started playing this I was having real problems with gamme (thank you unnofficial techhelp) but reading posts led me back to the beginning to find a corpse. I'd like to finish this before moving on to hard - really enjoying it as it is actually - but I don't like to leave things unfinished. Any help gratefully appreciated.

Excuse my ignorance

Sorry - I don't seem to know how to post a new thread but as this seems still to be open I'll try my luck here. Playing on easy cos I always start on easy I have two bodies in the treasury room. Now I thought that was also the vault but the objective doesn't tick off. Is there somewhere else that is the vault. I eventually found the first body - when I started playing this I was having real problems with gamma (thank you unnofficial techhelp) but reading posts led me back to the beginning to find a corpse. I'd like to finish this before moving on to hard - really enjoying it as it is actually - but I don't like to leave things unfinished. Any help gratefully appreciated.

spoiler:
    There are two hidden switches in lord's bedroom - when you press them both a secret passage will open. It is the only way to reach the vault - apart from the locked door in the basement.

Thank you for reply - only I pressed the two switches, went downstairs, into the treasury, basement, armoury, bedrooms etc, went back upstairs to retrieve bodies and dropped them in the treasury (on the map) but nothing ticked off - maybe I haven't got Bifford yet. I thought he was the guy sleeping in the master bedroom because on easy there don't seem to be any really bad ones around. If that wasn't him, where the heck is he?

Oh, I think it's because I played the mission on Hard difficulty - and when I reached the vault there was a nasty surprise waiting for me... So I thought you haven't reached the 'real' vault, because if you did you would have already told us about the 'nasty surprise'. Maybe it's different on Normal/Easy (however it's called).

Thanks - no surprises on 'easy'. I went back, picked up a body, took it down the hall, then back into the treasury. I picked up an unconscious body as well and dropped it in and the objective ticked off - weird. But I've finished now so its going in my 'do again on hard level' folder. Cheers!

Ghost

Oops....

I sort of accidentally discovered a way to make this mission almost trivially easy.

I was taffing around, annoyed at all this wealth that I couldn't steal (yet), and I had already been down to the vault to see the surprise (on Expert); so I reloaded from before there and was looking for something to help me when I went back and triggered the change.

spoiler:
    Specifically, I was worried about Bifford and his goons maybe coming up the secret stairs after me; I figured I would have a hard enough time dealing with the alerted guards out front without having to worry about an enemy behind me (turns out I don't think they do; at least in the following circumstances).

So I went up into the dark attic area looking for boxes, so I could stack them in the secret stairway, blocking any AIs from there... when I came upon the power room. It said that single switch killed both the lights and the alarm... and it turns out it's very easy to flip it off, even on Expert, where ghosting is required: I climbed out on the central beam, the one whence the light dangles, and of course I was in total darkness; then, when the guard was walking away, I hopped down and flipped the switch.

Since one of the lights killed is the one in that room, that meant I was back in darkness before the guard turned back. Then it was a simple matter to pick his key and stroll out the door.

But here was the upshot: I dragged the boxes over to Lord Bifford's room, but I don't think I even needed to: when I went down into the vault and triggered the event, looted the vault, and ran back up the stairs, nobody in the entire house was alerted, and nobody from the vault ever came up after me -- from either direction! I could just amble around the darkened place at my leisure, knocking out guards and looting the mansion. It became a cakewalk.

So there you are. If you want the excitement of the chase, don't do what I did!

(It seems that the real Lord Bifford is very hard to kill; at least, after knocking him out, I couldn't kill him either by beating him to death or by chopping him; I had to throw him off his own balcony to pay him back properly.)

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 12th Apr 2004 at 17:47.

one of the goals is to bring both bodies to the vault.

but where is the vault and which two bodies? Biffords body and who is the second?

I'm playing on easiest level
    Last edited by radogoal; 3rd Jan 2020 at 01:23.