TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: T1 FM - The Secret Way by Hengist (14 Jul 2002)

T1 FM - The Secret Way by Hengist (14 Jul 2002)

My new T1 fm is ready to download - called The Secret Way - not at the circle yet - get it here : http://thief.math.uh.edu/

Thanks to everyone here on this board who answered my questions and guided me! Without your help - it would've never been released!

Hengist

I'd get it up on the Circle, but alas I don't have the FTP access required to do so. At least I think it's required to add something to the FM database...regardless, I'm still too new to the TTLG staff to have that kind of resposbility.

I'll get the FM anyway.

Congratulations Hengist.
    It's good to see new Thief I FM's coming out. (and Thief II FM's too of course)
    I'll probably download your FM soon. Thanks dude.

-Tomi

I sent an email to Master Nighfall - I think that's the name? - I forget.
    But haven't heard back yet - I assume he's off for the weekend. So hopefully by monday thecircle will have it.

Thanks Tomi! Yeah I love T1 - I know I'm in the minority.

really nice job, Hengist! thanks

Dan (aka Digital Nightfall, or Master Nightfall) takes a while to check all the mail he gets so it takes some time to get news up on the Circle. He's quite a busy man between the entire TTLG network, CoSaS and whatever else he has going on.

secret way rarities shop

Having trouble getting into the rarities shop. Anybody please help.

ten years now....

I can't get the crown of antioch, where is it?

I was going to suggest searching in the FM forum but the search function is kinda goofy today.

Dóttirin klæðist oft móður möttli
    Quote Originally Posted by caqo View Post
    ten years now....

I can't get the crown of antioch, where is it?
    It's in the hammerite compound

I found this mission through the poll and have to say I really enjoyed it! A really old gem. What stood out the most for me is the really unusal way some KIs react and interact. Like a servant waking up a guard or a noble person turning on the lights so he sees me and running out so I can get his key. I donīt think I have seen this anywhere else This mission is best played with patience, not running around and blackjacking every person you see.
    Also the conversations are quite nice and refreshing. Really great

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    I found this mission through the poll and have to say I really enjoyed it! A really old gem. What stood out the most for me is the really unusal way some KIs react and interact. Like a servant waking up a guard or a noble person turning on the lights so he sees me and running out so I can get his key. I donīt think I have seen this anywhere else This mission is best played with patience, not running around and blackjacking every person you see.
    Also the conversations are quite nice and refreshing. Really great
    Thanks for that assessment. Now I want to try it as well, since I think this was one that Marbleman mentioned in one of his "beginner recommendations" vids... I think?

What are KIs, if I might ask? I'm not familiar with the acronym..

I watched the video of marblemans beginner recommendationīs but I canīt remember if "the secret way" really appeared in it or not..
    KI means AI (artificial intelligence). Since itīs a german term itīs no surprise you arenīt familiar with it, sorry about using it like that

No worries. Now that I know what it is, I should remember it. :-)

Can someone put a date on the OP title.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Updated title and moved to the FM forum.

I have an issue with Holman (on Expert). I've done all the other main objectives. I've knocked out all the guards in the watch station and opened all the doors between Holman's cell and the street but he won't budge. I even tried knocking him out and carrying him. He was tagged as a corpse when I did this, but the 'no kill' objective did not fail. I tried taking him back to Garrett's place and dropping him on the bed, also put him on the bed in the empty upstairs room in the pub, but the objective to rescue him did not check off.

When you went to his cell, did he talk to you? He says sth. like "Garrett. come on, let me out of here". Then you open his cell and he thanks you. Then he runs away. I followed him and he ran through a door you canīt go yourself and disappeared there.

Yes, he spoke using those very words I think, but stayed standing in his cell.

That sounds like a bug, because in my playthrough after he said those words he ran out immediately

I eventually got Holman to leave by relocking his cell and the outer lockup door, then unlocking and opening them both again. This time he gave me the cloister key, which I didn't have before (I entered that area by other means), then he ran off and the objective ticked off.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 26th Nov 2022 at 10:33.

Great thing you managed to solve this! How did you get into the cloister without the key?

IIRC correctly when I last played this mission a good few years ago I had the same issue with Holman, and just like Marbrien the problem resolved itself with a reload.

Marbrien have you still got a save prior to Holman not reacting?

The way into the cloister without the key is via the well in the cloister. There's a ladder in the church leading down to a crypt, go past the room with the haunts and you'll find the way to the well. Requires a rope arrow to get out.

Sorry Fortuni, I don't seem to have a save.