TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shadow of Doubt (2002)

Originally posted by Brian_R171

The first 2 missions do indeed work with the Thief Gold Patch for Thief 1. I have not played the last 2 missions, yet.

I'll wait for the mission pack for this one . I gave up on the first mission on expert . Hell , the guard at the back of the embassy can not only see through the back of his head , but that heavy hood , and can hear you walking crouched on carpet . I did enjoy most of the mission .

Originally posted by bdkl
    I'll wait for the mission pack for this one . I gave up on the first mission on expert . Hell , the guard at the back of the embassy can not only see through the back of his head , but that heavy hood , and can hear you walking crouched on carpet . I did enjoy most of the mission .
    Yeah, that was kind of tricky. After I killed what's-his-name, that guard patrolling the back of the embassy became alert and remained that way. I guessed that he was tweaked for expert difficulty.

There is also the guard with X-ray vision that patrols in front of the art museum. He can see you through the museum's metal doors when they're closed.

Thanks a lot, Dreamwalker. Finished it with no toruble-problem was I kept leaving to pickpocket those guards, and the objective unchecked when I came back through the window. Moving on to Tears of Blood now. Nice job, Sperry. Fix the bugs and these will be truly excellent.

This is pathetic, but I'm stuck on the first mission.
    spoiler:
    I can't seem to find another way back through the sewers except by coming up near the Hammerite ambush. Then, all the gates are locked. I can't get out. Frustrating as hell.

As always, I'm certain it's something so simple that I'll be reduced to tears at my lack of intelligence.

-Theef

Originally posted by Theef
    This is pathetic, but I'm stuck on the first mission.
    spoiler:
    I can't seem to find another way back through the sewers except by coming up near the Hammerite ambush. Then, all the gates are locked. I can't get out. Frustrating as hell.

As always, I'm certain it's something so simple that I'll be reduced to tears at my lack of intelligence.

-Theef
    When I played the first mission on the highest difficulty...

spoiler:
    the game ended with the ambush. Just walk up to the gates so the Hammerites can see you and it's over.

So Sperry, can we have some more details on this campaign? I know I remember playing Tears of Blood several months ago. Was it originally part of this campaign or did you build a story around it, etc.? Sorry if this was explained elsewhere.
    About the campaign, I mostly built the story around the missions themselves. Tuttocomb was my first complete mission, followed by Guilesatpeak. For a long time, the story ended there. However, I always liked to tinker around with dromed, and once and a while i came up with an interesting concept (ex: ship in all astir), even if it never got anywhere most of the time. Eventually, i resolved to merge all (or almost all) of my most successful missions into a campaign.
    Last edited by Sperry; 8th Aug 2002 at 13:40.

doh

ack, I thought it was ok to kill them all! So I did, now I will have to reload and let them see me. I made it back to Garret's partner, but he's imitating an unfrobbable corpse.
    The problem is choice...

When I played the first mission on the highest difficulty...

spoiler:
    the game ended with the ambush. Just walk up to the gates so the Hammerites can see you and it's over.
    I tried this. Mission doesn't end. And yes, I've killed what's his face. Also, which gate? There are two.

-Theef

OK, I'm out of there. Apparently, you need to let the other thief inside the gate, though you're not directed to anywhere in the objectives, and he doesn't follow you when you leave that switch. Grrr! Nothing like having to go back and replay the entire mission because objectives aren't clearly written.

I'm knee-deep in "Tears of Blood: Revenge of the Keys" and I'm
    spoiler:
    through the library, and I've opened the little trap door in Dorcas' vestibule. Got that loot, and now I've been chased up one side and down the other, and I'm down in the sewers. And I'm stuck. All objectives have been met. Just need to get out. Why doesn't the mission end?

-Theef
    Last edited by Theef; 9th Aug 2002 at 14:08.

Mission one won't end

I think there must be a problem with the objectives because I put Roget to the sword and the obj "find a way into the embassy isn't checked off. Mission doesn't end when the Hammerites see me either. rats. Any advice??
    The problem is choice...

This is exactly what I went through. It happened because,
    spoiler:
    way back at the beginning of the level, I didn't sneak into the guard house and crank the lever to let Dupont in. If you don't, the whole mission is basically a bust. Nothing in the objectives or the readme to warn of this, as yet. A fun, solid mission, though.

-Theef

originally posted by Brian_R171:
    The first 2 missions do indeed work with the Thief Gold Patch for Thief 1.
    The Thief gold patch? I'm only familiar with the 1.33 patch. Have I missed something here? I tried to play 'Walking on the edge', but the AI's were not visible. I have Thief TDP (with convict.osm in it), so the 'Shadow of Doubt' series cannot played with that one. However, if there is some kind of patch, I'd really like to know......

Thanks Sperry for the help. As far as I can see it's working now
    Festina Lente........

I haven't played through all the missions yet; I'm in the jail, trying to get out -- playing on Master level. I thought it was interesting that Master level forces the player to ghost. Kinda nice touch, since every time I attempt to ghost a level, I'm tempted to club someone on the head.

Anyway, I have a bit of a problem with the embassy's interior itself. Don't ya think the guard outside the metal gate is a BIT too close, for crying out loud? First, when the gate opens, it swings THROUGH the gaurd, and second, I had to struggle to squeeze between him and the bars. It sorta loses its immersive quality when I'm wriggling and bobbing to get the hell past him. And I must have missed a huge cache of loot: the goal is 1500 gold, but for the life of me, I could only find about 1190 or so. The summary screen at the end said there was over 2600 or something like that. Jeez, where the hell is it all? So I had to use the old CNTL-ALT-Shift-End thing to end the freakin' mission after all objectives were done, except the gold.

Now, I'm having trouble with the jail. The jailer who patrols from his little room to the hallway beyond is apparently also supposed to go through a locked door during his patrol. He's holding the key for said door, but now he's just hanging out in FRONT of the door, refusing to go through. The result is another teeny space I have to try to squeeze through -- but no such luck this time. He's placidly humming to himself while I'm trying to bull my way between him and the door jamb, but the gap is too small. Pretty damn frustrating. I'll restart the mission and see if he gets stuck in his patrol again.

ok, where's the exit

I am in Tears of Blood, all objectives are checked off except "Escape Alive". Where's the exit? I am pretty sure I have searched the whole map, but then it wouldn't be the first time I have missed the blatantly obvious! Thanks for any and all help.
    The problem is choice...

Stuck in the Embassy!!!

OK, I got the embassy key, got upstairs, etc. The only thing (currently) standing in my way is this one stupid guard. I can sneak up right behind him, open the door, (in the embassy lobby) but I can't get past him to squeeze through the door. I try to go from crouching to standing, but that seems to bounce me off the guard and halfway across the room. My latest effort consisted of leaning and strafing at the same time. Not only did it not work, but it catapaulted me into the wall near the basement stairs with FATAL results. Why is the guard so bouncy??? Maybe that's why he doesn't notice me- he doesn't have to. He just has to stand there. Am I supposed to have a blackjack? (I'm playing on expert)

Stauf

ok, where's the exit
    I am in Tears of Blood, all objectives are checked off except "Escape Alive". Where's the exit? I am pretty sure I have searched the whole map, but then it wouldn't be the first time I have missed the blatantly obvious! Thanks for any and all help.

spoiler:
    ok sap'em the exit is in the sewers, hopefully by now you have found one of the sewer entrances, if you start from sewer control make sure you hit the switch, then dont jump in the water but follow the sewers all the way back past the gate that you couldnt open before plaque on wall beside it, keep goin to the very end and go stand by the ladder it should end there, if all objectives complete.

thanks wild_inferno9! That did the trick. Stauf: Check your inventory of weapons, you may find a use for those rope arrows. Of course I may be misunderstanding your situation.
    spoiler:
    try using a rope arrow in the ceiling. That should give you a way around the metal gate. Of course
    Not being seen will be tricky! Hope that helps.
    The problem is choice...

Originally posted by Sap'em
    Stauf: Check your inventory of weapons, you may find a use for those rope arrows. Of course I may be misunderstanding your situation
    I think so.... I don't know if there's a way around the guy and the gate. I just can't get past him. He's too close to the gate.

Tears of Blood

...Or tears of frustration.

Okay, I've finished romping about in the basement. I've...
    spoiler:
    found the note from Xavier on the ground floor, and I want to go through the door at the end of the hall and off to a library. However, none of my keys work. So I follow the guard through and dash to the corner. But if I do ANYTHING, the Hammerite standing in front of the double door sees me and attacks. If I wait, the other guard comes back, sees me and attacks. If I try to run, they see me and attack. Are there any lights I can turn off? The fellow in front of the door seems glued to the spot...I can nail him with a pot of flowers and he ignores me, but if I try to get near him, he kills me.

Arrrgh.

How do you get past this? Is there something I'm missing? Another way through? Or is it all timing (except one won't move his ass one milimeter...)

-Storybuilder

SOD

I am not nessacerily a fan of TG missions anymore since being spoiled my the technical superiority of of T2 (like graphics ect.) but since this is such a long fan campaign, I must ask, is SOD any good? What is the style? Brief story teaser, anyone? Should I go on and dl it?

bomp

If I may, why not try it out and see for yourself? I won't say any more since I'm the one who built this thing in the first place, but I can provide you a series of links to related posts. There seem to be devided opinions about most of the missions, but hey, its a bunch of TG fan missions, mabie not as good looking as T2 fms, but that's how video game sequels work, I guess.

campaign thread (general design stuff)

mission #1

mission #1 (more)

mission #2

mission #2 (more)

mission #3

mission #4

mission #4 (more)

mission #4 (even more)

mission #5

mission #5 (more)

mission# 6????????

there might be other posts I missed, but I think this covers most of them
    Last edited by Sperry; 29th Aug 2002 at 21:32.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast