TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shadow of Doubt (2002)

Walking the Edge loot

Nice town adventure. I like the compact design of the street layout.

Playing on Fool (I've gotsta have my blackjack) I finished but I'm still over 1000 short in total loot. I've pickpocketed everyone and found the following caches:
    spoiler:
    the urn in the embassy basement, opera glasses in the upstairs office, Roget's office (including the diamonds attached to the wall lights), the bowl in the museum lobby, and behind the banner in the museum office.
    I'm hoping that box stacking isn't required for the rest...

Thanks!
    Last edited by Norman Druart; 8th Sep 2002 at 22:42.

norman:
    spoiler:
    cut banners, look for secrets ( safes) lots of loot too be found in walking the edge. its there hiding, and some in plain sight. no box stacking required in this one.

Originally posted by wild_inferno9
    norman:
    spoiler:
    cut banners, look for secrets ( safes) lots of loot too be found in walking the edge. its there hiding, and some in plain sight. no box stacking required in this one.
    Well, I've walked the hell out of the edge and I found a whole extra 100 loot: a purse on top of the building next to the covered wagon near the start. I think I've explored every accessible rooftop in each of the sections but the very low ambient light makes it hard to find anything. I've been to several areas (balconies, ladder accessible areas, etc.) that feel like they should harbor loot but no luck. I'm ready to be spoiled on any specific locations if you please.

Thanks!

24 hour BUMP!

norman funny thing get this, i played fool when i first got it right, well found all the gold, went through today on expert god help me if i could find more then 1843. when i know there is 2543 to be found in the level kinda peeing me off.

Originally posted by wild_inferno9
    norman funny thing get this, i played fool when i first got it right, well found all the gold, went through today on expert god help me if i could find more then 1843. when i know there is 2543 to be found in the level kinda peeing me off.
    Yep, I'm capped out at around 1550. It's bugging me that I can't find more.

Now don't be shy folks.

Anyone with more loot locations in "Walking the Edge," feel free to chime in.

I got 1643 playing in Master in the latest version, shipped with the 6-mission pack, including Tuttocomb bonus, dated June 22, 2002. Here is my complete loot list, as far as it goes.

EDIT: I added 600 more mentioned by Nightwalker in a post that follows. My total is now 2243 of 2643.

spoiler:
    This list totals 2243 out of 2643 supposedly available in Master skill. In Fool skill the total is 100 less because there are only three, not four guards with purses. I don't know about the middle skill.

In addition to Norman's purse on the roof by the covered wagon (100), I got all of the pockets (7/7, four with purses = 400), the contents of the museum safe (neckace (200) + 9 silver coin stacks(108)), the LC jar (20) on the museum front desk, the gold goblet (25) in the museum office, the gold coptic jar (75) in the basement room, the opera glasses in the small office of the embasy (50), the candlestick (50), blue gem (15) and contents of the blue chest (200 gold coin) in Roget's office, four diamonds (400) attached to light fixtures in Roget's office, and six diamonds (600) attached to the chandelier in the front foyer of the embassy (thanks to Nightwalker). One of the pockets was a little tricky - a stationary guard on a balcony above the chapel roof with a patrolling guard behind him.

I would like to hear about any loot not in the above list that was found in the same version of the game. Like Norman Druart, I have looked very hard for the loot on roofs and ledges, and I would be surprised if I am really missing 1000 (EDIT: now missing 400 - not so surprizing), unless there is a major secret stash somewhere.
    Last edited by smithpd; 14th Oct 2002 at 15:19.

I found 2043 out of 2543 listed as available, but it's in the single mission, not the total package one. Is there really any difference? I don't think there probably is, because they came out pretty close together and I downloaded this one after some changes had been made.

Did you check the
    spoiler:
    big chandelier up on the ceiling in the front foyer of the Embassy? There are 6 gems in it, worth 600g., at least in the version I played.

Thanks, Nightwalker. Those items are also there in the version I played. The reason I thought there might a difference between versions is that the recent posts seemed to be way short of the mark, and Sperry's suggestions covered all the loot I found. The 600 you mentioned and my earlier total of 1643 bring my total now to 2243. I must say that the loot you mentioned is not so easy to find in Master mode. I will edit my list accordingly so it is all in one place. Does anyone else have some loot not mentioned so far in these latest posts?

spoiler:
    I expect that the 200 you missed, Nightwalker, could be (a) a purse on the roof by the covered wagon and (b) a purse on a guard on the balcony above the chapel roof.

I just realized that I looked at a loot total in my notes that wasn't complete. I had found more later on and not added it in. I seem to have missed one purse on a guard somewhere, according to your list Peter. My correct loot total is 2143.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 14th Oct 2002 at 14:40.

Nightwalker,

Fool skill has 2543 possible, and Master skill has 2643 possible. In fool there are only three guards with purses. I think we are both missing the same amount loot (400), and you have found all that I have found.

spoiler:
    The four purses on guards in Master skill are:
    1. The guard who patrols outside the museum
    2. Two guards who patrol in front of the embassy and out to the barrels.
    3. The stationary guard on the balcony above the chapel.
    In Fool skill, only one guard patrols in front of the embassy, so I think there are only three purses available.

That sounds right, as I was playing on Fool. I played through once on Master, but found the touchy guards too frustrating, so started over on Fool and had a much better time with the mission.

Where i can find in tears of Blood the second lockpick!
    Is there one? i need it to open the door in the sewer!

Nightwalker, can U help?

I'm not sure if it's the same in each version of Tears but I think it is. Look
    spoiler:
    in a dark storeroom not far from where you begin the mission. Leave the first big room at the end of the hall of cells where you start off out into the hallway and into the first door on the left. The storeroom door is right across from the door you entered by. The lockpick is a bent fork that's lying on the floor somewhere.

nightwalker can help everytime
    thx, i end the mission!

but after ending, thief go back to windows, did anyone know this problem!?

I use the DP gold 1.37 german version

As usual, I really don't know what's happening. I'm getting stuck in the first 5 mins of EVERY mission. Builder flog me. I've arrived at the part where my contact ran towards the guard tower and stands in front of the lever. I've searched high and low for an answer but nothing is turning up.

It's been a while, but I think you have to go to the portcullis further down the street. Your contact will pull the lever and open the gate. Better save often and into several slots while playing this mission, it has a few bugs that sometimes make progress impossible.

Does Anybody Remember This One?

On Expert, are we supposed to get a blackJack somewhere along the way? It sure would come in handy.

I don't think you do. I'm pretty sure I played on Normal because of that as several guards tended to get stuck in places that made it impossible for me to complete the mission without it.

Hmmmm...I seem to be having a similar problem that others had. The objective of getting into the embassy, though initially ticked off, disappeared after I left. When I go back to Dupont, he is dead/unconscious and the area is rife with hammers. I let them capture me, but they kill me thus ending the level. I've tried going back into the embassy numerous time in an attempt to re-tick off the objective. Unsuccessful. So I'm left with an uncompleted level 1 which means I can't carry on to level 2.

Any suggestions?

I think you're leaving through the wrong exit. You'll find an explanation in this post

I guess I can experiment, but I do remember reading this post and deciding that wasn't the solution for my particular problem because I never exited through the window in the first place (I couldn't jump up and through from the inside out). Also, the positioning thing (1/4 of the way....seems finicky(sp) enough that if it doesn't work, would it be because I was 1/8 and not 1/4 ?

I'll spend some time on it and let everyone know if I suceed. Otherwise, I probably will redo the level since I have no access to the first part anyway (beyond meeting the hammers, right to where we start).
    btw....I'm assuming that if the objective is triggered, then my meeting up with the hammers will cause the mission to complete?

Yes, that's what's supposed to happen.

Wow !!! Talk about a fast response (my fingers are still warm from typing)

This early in the morning is too much of a burden on my brain. But then it's an hour or two later for you isn't it.

Thanks for that...I'll get to the game later.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast