TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broadsword of Sheol - SoD pt 4

Broadsword of Sheol - SoD pt 4

Coming along nicely ... have now completed the first 3 Sods on Master.

But now, I'm stuck in pt 4 at the point where
    spoiler:
    I need to weigh down 4 braziers but can only find 3 skulls and nothing else that I can use. And I can't backtrack because my entrance to the former room is shut solid. I tried standing on one of the braziers myself but all I got was a case of first degree burns for my trouble and the gate/door swings down faster than I can get through it ... even a speed potion would be of little help.
    There must be a solution; however, I just can't see it right now ... hints please.

Well, be happy that atleast you are farther than I am. I just picked up a hammer and smashed a rock that was blocking my way, and after following the tunnel ended back in the area near the start (near the cave with many glowing spiders). What am I suppose to do now??? Where do I go from here? Throw me a bone here people.

Go back to near the start.
    spoiler:
    Remember that large boulder near the beginning ... its blocking your path ... and then get ready to become very acrobatic ... remember to save often.

Hammer? Where? Too dark in here...

Crud! I ditched one of the skulls into that blocked-off hallway in the brazier room! And I've been quicksaving the entire time! nooooooo

Where's the hammer???

The hammer's in a room with a Hammer priest corpse. It's a medium-sized room with a large square of different flooring material by a torch. The hammer's over there, but not easy to see. I think it's over there.

Now, if I could just see in the darkness, I could tell what the crap I'm doing up here in the rafters...

I'm in the 1st area after riding the coffin down, and can't figure out what to do next. Is this the hammer room everyone is talking about? Because if it is, I can't find the bloody thing either. In that room at the end, I think there's no way up into the hole or down into the canyon, but I could be wrong. anyway, plz help!

The Canyon looks deep but if you look to the right you should see a very "slight" slope. Time to take a walk of faith.
    spoiler:
    Then pass throught the tunnels beyond which will lead you to rows of columns depicting faces/skulls ... follow the trail until you come into a larger room/opening with a corpse (ignore any corpses you may see along the side of the trail) ... to the left you'll find a hammer laying on the ground... pick it up ... welcome to your new enhanced "blackjack".
    Last edited by DreamWalker; 6th Aug 2002 at 01:46.

you do weight the 4th brazier with yourself...at least, that's what I did, and it worked just fine. I'm now stuck in the pool room that the crazy Crayman chases you into. Anyone found a way out of there?
    Last edited by tarvis79; 6th Aug 2002 at 17:42.

Guess that's the way to go it ... the gate is slower than I thought and if you're careful you won't get burnt. Very tricky.

Kool trick with the ladders, Sperry.

Just got to the pool.
    spoiler:
    that ladder leads to the bottom of an elevator shaft. Except there are no control buttons with in reach to bring the sucker down. However, there are 10 broadhead arrows in the pool. Remember shipping & receiving in Thief II. You're going to have to do it 2X once to bring it down & then to get it to go back up.

Got around that one but now have these chests that are begging to be opened and no keys. And I have the funny feeling I should have picked up a fire arrow somewhere.
    spoiler:
    found this explosive charge and I'm almost certain that there's something useful behind that boulder in the in the same set of tunnels. Can't break it with my nifty hammer though.

Sperry, this mission is definitely in a class of its own. A real headache but magnificient nevertheless.
    Last edited by DreamWalker; 6th Aug 2002 at 22:53.

Yes, I would agree. This mission has a few unfair little surprises and can give you one heck of a challenge, but it's great. My biggest problem was
    spoiler:
    getting through the last bit of glowing spider caves after you get the sword. For some reason, a lot of the spiders disappeared and I had to look in dromed to see which way to go!

Also, there were a few absolutely disturbing moments,
    spoiler:
    namely at the pool where you dive down to open up the chest and get a scroll-key thingy. The craybeast the came out of nowhere killed me in 2 seconds flat (or less)! Even after I reloaded, it still killed me because it was so fast!

Xious

spoiler:
    Must be yet another pool. Still don't have my fire arrow. Unless there's another way around that rock in the tunnel.. hint please.

Got the arrow .... what a sneaky place to put a key.

I even restarted the game to see if I could have missed picking up the arrow in a flame somewhere and then I thought what the heck
    spoiler:
    and took a jump from the elevator. Had to use two more arrows to get back but hey I got the key
    Last edited by DreamWalker; 7th Aug 2002 at 22:08.

Stuck

Need to find 3 counterweights? Hints please.

spoiler:
    I've just finished unlocking the gate/door to a room with a steele with 4 depression 'levers' & 4 statues. Looks like a situation similar to the one requiring the skulls. Only able to find one torso skelton near the elevator. Need 3 more weights to open a massive door. Are the 4 levers in the pool with the chest any way connected to this room. Have tried swiitching them up and down in various combinations but they don't seem to do anything.

Was hoping to finish this tonight but no such luck. This is by far one of the most challenging FMs that I've ever encounted.

I'm stuck in the "athletics"-section (quite early in the mission) - where I
    obviously have to get to the floor,
    which is faaar below me. I jumped to one end,
    crouched a few metres and ended at a rectangular hole,
    that's too deep for just jumping into ...

Please help me someone.

(I'm still carrying a big boulder around, wich could come in handy
    - by what I've read here... )
    Last edited by smeagol; 9th Aug 2002 at 00:28.

smeagol

wow ... you actually where able to jump around with that rock!!!!

You just need to get to the next level down .. the one you're on now. The bottom is actually
    spoiler:
    part of the corridors that you followed to pick up that rock breaker you're carrying.

you're also in the right spot .... just a little early.
    spoiler:
    you need to trigger two levers to close the opening so you can cross to the door just in front of you - just go back to the pillar area you just jumped from to find the pathways to them.

Of course, you might want to leave that rock here for now ...

Thanx, dreamwalker - I'll search for
    spoiler:
    the levers
    immediately.

cant't wait to continue, what seems to be a great FM !

I can't locate the levers needed to aparently get to the lower levers, can anyone give a more datailed description of their locations?

Auriga2us

Assuming that you have dropped down to the long narrow beam through the opening in the cave wall then
    spoiler:
    you need only get down to the next level below the beam. The only way to do this, as far as I can tell, is to jump ... and the safest way is to make your way to the end of the beam that is facing an end wall that has a extension sloped towards you. Jumping to this extension should cause you to fall from the incline to one of the covered pillar groupings below without lost of a singel health shield. Explore the area beyond the two openings on either side of the top of this pillar grouping fully. Be ready to jump & swim when required. Incidently, there are two pillar groupings with access to the same level areas ... I got somewhat confused when I first went through this area because I got fooled into thinking that there were 4 levers instead of only 2 and didn't rely on my compass

Speery did a magnificient job in sculpturing this area.

I'm in a room with a lever and some cogs.

But where to run to after pulling that lever ?
    I think it's impossible to jump back through
    the hole in the wall (and over the canyon)
    where I jumped into this section...

smeagol

that's exactly what you'll have to do after you're finished with all your business on this side of the canyon. Need I say ... save.

Wondering if you were able to solve the 'riddle' re: the
    spoiler:
    4 levers in the underwater pool in this area

I haven't solved it yet ... and now am in the process of revamping my computer from scratch so I won't get back to this FM until probably sometime tomorrow. By them you will probably have finished it and be in the position to answer my questions ... I hope

thanks again, DreamWalker !

I'll do my best to help ...

As for the 4 levers underwater -

hmm, I just switched them all and THEN
    I found the chest at the ceiling - and thought,
    that was what they did. If they are a different riddle,
    it'd be a bit difficult to solve, without having a clue about its nature
    - at least if there isn't any immediate feedback in the surrounding area
    (being underwater and all... )

Now I'll go and do some sneaking-business again - 'till then...

(what a great, FM-rich week that is )

... If you got the key-scroll -
    I think thats all about the levers
    I'm through now and didn't touch them again.
    I don't think, you'll need any further help (wich doesn't
    say it'll be easy).
    The reward for making it to the end will be, that you
    can start with "Nightcrawler" - wich is even better
    - really VERY good (and I've played all FMs)

Thanks smeagol

Hadn't made the connection with the
    spoiler:
    chest - which I had already opened
    until I replayed the mission.
    spoiler:
    Incidently, if you do NOT read the scroll the crayman won't pop up beside the pool area until after you trigger the lever in the clog room. Saves from being bashed to death as soon as you get out of the pool.
    This time I also
    spoiler:
    hawled around the bones (ribcage) I found in the early part of the mission & the rock that we get with the ladder trick. Had to keep saving my game before I dropped them though since they had a tendency to disappear in the floor. These plus the bones I found in the elevator pool helped me to open the gate to the sword.

Is "Nightcrawler" part 5 of the SoD campaign? I've been playing the individual FMs and haven't downloaded the campaign yet. So looks like I'm in for a treat ... it also means I'm going to have the whole set from scratch again in order to get to the last FM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast