TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Hashishans (16/8/2002)

Have to say it's pretty damn pleasing to know folks have been enjoying it.
    I had worried ( well maybe not worry as such but I did think about it ) that
    those who'd played the very first version wouldn't actually bother with the V2.

Dreamwalker - it is pretty much a completely different mission to the first version,
    only the basic architecture lay out was similar. and is/was my test run in using new stuff for the second Azura mission. ( estimated time of completion the year 600,000,000 ! )
    and I got my ass kicked every time I went into the fight pit, except once but I managed to kill myself with the Hell's Fire ! Oh sweet irony !

And just how many of you who have played it have suddenly found themselves
    singing or humming " blame it on the bossa nova, with his magic spell " !

Cheers
    Ben Hur

And just how many of you who have played it have suddenly found themselves singing or humming "blame it on the bossa nova, with his magic spell " !
    EVERY DAMN TIME!!! In fact now you've gone and done it again!!! That crazy song will be stuck in my head ALL DAY!!

And get off this forum and get to work on the second Azura mission!! Really I can't wait to see what happens next.

Call me chicken but I just let all those kill-junkies eliminate each other, then took pot-shots at the winner. Would I get a different result if I did it the hard way?

Cool smithpd!! Which door did you bash in? I'm thinking of the one just to the right of the where the sheriff is standing but it is metal.

i played this a few time a beginner and everytime one of the hashishans brother(the one on the 2nd floor) is already our of his cell and dead ..
    so the objective doesn't tick off...
    what's wrong with that ??

It's really OK Pat if he gets killed. I think when you free Bro. #2 the objective will check off. On the easiest difficulty you only have to release them not keep them alive.

well both are out of their cells nd dead but the objective didn't tick off..
    where is the hells fire ???

"Hell's Fire" can be found in the "Pit of Dispair"

Need more detail? Let me know.

i've been there but didn,T find it ...
    nobody standing up anywhere so i can look where evre i want but can't find it

just replayed it at higher level and the Haqshishans aren't in their cells.... !!!!!!

They are in cells in a different part of the prison.

Re: 1 secret & 250 loot short of total available

Originally posted by DreamWalker
    Ben Hur, nice touch with the music ... the child seemed estatic. Wonder how one would go about getting it to actually flow with the music like the 'easter egg' mission in Thief -TDP. [/B]
    Image that, I'm quoting myself. Looks like the dancing feat was done in Taffer's Tower along with the lift trick Only half way through KoMaG's DromEd tutorial so it'll be a little while yet before I figure how to do them. And the year 600,000 sounds about right when I'll have my first FM completed, if then. Takes a lot of work and I keep getting side tracked. Just too many variables to experiment with. Wonder if there is a matrix out there that tells one what can or can not be done with an object.

Rather shamefuly I've only ever played 3 FM,s, er Hashishans SofA, 7th Crystal. ( yes I know, 2 of them are mine !)
    I don't usually get further than " oh, how did they do that, and then it's into dromed".

There may have been dancers, but did they dance to such a funky tune
    I am pretty sure it was thread either in here or the editors guild that made me change the dancer from humans to the wee gold guy.
    What's the lift trick ?

Well like Don Simmons always says " Blame it on the Bossa Nova ! "

Ben Hur

I'm going to the doctor today to have that song surgically removed from my brain!

Great job Ben Hur! I played the original and I enjoyed the new version as well.

I'm almost done but I haven't found Franky yet. Is there something in the mission that hints at his location or identity?

I haven't played the final version yet, but in the beta, there was a note or a book giving you a hint where to find him. He's
    spoiler:
    in the bar and he's the guy wearing a purse.
    Of course, that's only if it stayed the same in the final version. It sounds like a lot of things got changed in that last little while.

and...
    spoiler:
    he was the drunk guy in purple (the odd uniform)
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

hashishans help please

Please im frozen in this FM: i cant use the elevator, i dont know if i forgot something but it doesnt come up. And i dont know how to enter in the "blue cells".Please Heeeelp.
    Thanks.

I hope you mean Hashishans v2 that came out in August because I can't remember how v1 went.

I don't recall any trouble with the elevator so I can't help you there but the blue cells are opened by using the buttons in the guard station at the end of the corridor (the end opposite from the door to the main cell block where you begin the mission). The buttons are on the wall next to the window and are hard to see unless you enter the station.

about hashishans help

Firstly thanks . Its v2. The problem with elevator is that the buttons dont seem to work, the elevator dont come up . About the blue cells i dont know how to go to the opposite side of the corridor without civilians of the cell are killed.
    Sorry if my english is poor, i dont speak it.

There is a scroll, in the bar I think, about the elevator buttons not working from the upper level. They do work from down below though. To get into the blue cells from the south route and not get the prisoners killed, you need to make your way through the recreation area: go through the dinning hall, through the kitchen, bar is on right, but go left until you find the room with bunk beds. Look for a switch.

Need more. Post back.
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

As for saving the civilians, you can do the south approach as diana suggested or, if you're quick and careful, there is a small power switch in the niche next to the turret nearest the main cell block. It needs to be frobbed twice in order to deactivate the turrets.

On one of my playthroughs I was lazy and didn't want to go around those Turrets in the Blue Block so I gassed the prisoners and the Turret had nobody to shoot at. Satisfied the objective anyway.

thanks a lot

Yeeeees! finally i did it. It was a wonderful mission. Thank to all. Maybe someday i try to make a mission but i dont even know how to begin .

I'm not going to every try it myself, but I just have too much fun playing them! If you decide you want to try, I'm told that Komag has a wonderful tutorial that walks you through the steps to build a simple mission. You should check it out at his site, The Keep of Metal and Gold . The link will take you to the page where you find the tutorial. It's the last one, KomagTut VT2.

You can also find lots of help at The Dromed Central "newbie" page . (Can you tell that I want more missions to play? )

Some comments...

Old Man, I did the same thing. This is the first time I have ever used gas arrows on anyone that is not an enemy. I could not turn that turret off no matter how much I frobbed the button. Got shot by the turret twice during the mission. Good thing it shoots bolts and not fire arrows or those bomb thingys.

I managed (by stacking some potions) to climb up on the small archway just outside where you use the gears. There I found one of those red buttons, floating in midair!

I just love these "break out" type missions where you must guess where to go first, where it is safe and where you can find more equipment. It is never the same the second time around. Anyway, a great mission all around.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 17th Oct 2002 at 13:32.

Stuck in hashishans

I've completed all the objectives and I'm ready to leave. There's a door outside that has gear type locks. I'm guessing that's the door I have to exit through. The problem is I can't get it open. I only found 1 cog gear, and apparently it only works on the left lock. It's called Metal Gear, and it appears to be silver. Is there another gear, and where is it? I'm playing on easy, and at this point I think everyone's dead or knocked out. Although last time I ran trough the map I found 2 more guards that were still walking, and one was limping. I have no idea where to find this other gear. Please help?

And Btw, now I've got "Blame it on the Basanova" playing in my head too, and I can't get it out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast