TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Hashishans (16/8/2002)

T2 FM: The Hashishans (16/8/2002)

Finally after what seems like a thousand lifetimes, The Hashishans V2 is ready for the public.

Big thank you to Pete, Nightwalker, Brian, JannDan Diana for beta testing the level.
    I sorted all points that were pointed out and added a bit more still !!
    2 new weapons ! Fight in the Pit of Dispair - where even woe has no home !

As I say this is the final version as I want to take a break from Dromed, for at least a couple of months. So unless it's vitally important to the level ( but I was so thorough), I won't be doing any more updates for it

It's hash1c.zip (3.6 mb ) and you'll find it here.

http://www.btinternet.com/~axiomarch...ans/index.html

Additional download links (added by Nightwalker):
    http://www.thiefmissions.com/m/hashishans1c
    http://thief-thecircle.com/missions/
    http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/fmarchive.htm
    http://www.ttlg.de/de/download/navig...M-Download.xml
    http://darklurker.org/T2_DarkOrg.html

I hope you enjoy it, I certainly enjoyed building it.

Cheers
    Ben Hur
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 24th Aug 2012 at 13:42. Reason: added download links

It's uploaded now

Terrific, Ben Hur! I'll look forward to trying out the final version and seeing how the changes worked out.

I CAN say that it was a terrific mission, even before we betatesters put in our 2-cents worth. Go download it and I guarantee you'll enjoy it!

Man, that's a masterpiece! Keep it goes!

OK I lied !
    1 more update. Just noticed a few of the things that should have been changed that weren't.
    ( and I deleted one of the Hashishans by mistake )Honestly, that's it now !

Cheers
    Ben Hur

Thiefmissions.com

I just pulled a copy and updated what's on my site. (The old link still works and gets you the new file, so the Circle and perhaps the Keep are automatically updated.)
    - J<

Hey Ben Hur - I loved "The Pit"!!!!

I just finished it on Expert and was still 200g short of the TOTAL loot. I love what you've done with the place.

I've uploaded the very very very final version which corrects both
    the ojective ticking back off when you use up all your Hell's fire. and that unactivated robot, when you bash it up it won't suddenly spring back to life when you activate the switch !
    Sorted the pic in the office, deleted that sitting gaurd, floored some stuff
    and that's it, anything else, we'll just have to accept that I'm not perfect !!!

Cheers
    Ben Hur

Hashishians V2

Great mission! We have enjoyed every minute of it until now. We have gone around and killled all the unconsious bodies trying to find Freddy the squealer. We tried killing the people we realeased one at a time with much reloading and he still isn't in evidence. HELP please.

Hashishians V2

We finally found Freddy.
    spoiler:
    Talk about an orgy of blood-letting. We went back again discovered a couple of unconsious bodies that we hadn't hacked-up. We never expected hiom to be a guard.
    Thanks for all your effort. We played the original and enjoyed it, but V2 was outstanding. Take a nice rest (a short one please) and lets see some more of your great creativity.

Oh by the way ... Garrett has to kill Freddy. You can't let the Hash. Bros. do it.

Nasty Turret

Hello!

I'm having a wonderful time with this mission (I have the latest from Ben Hur's site, btw). But I appear to be stuck.

I've cleared out the main jail, first and second floor, and the recreation area. I found the blue lit room with the book that says:

spoiler:
    The switch to disable the defective turret is in the first turret alcove. I found the switch, but frobbing it does nothing...

Just to the left of where you enter the hallway, there's a guard in her own niche. There's a button there, but pushing it doesn't appear to do anything. Is that related? Finally, just outside this hallway there's a plaque that lights up, but does nothing when frobbed. Just a glitch?

Thanks!
    -M
    Last edited by Melissa; 20th Aug 2002 at 00:57.
    Your mileage may vary

spoiler:
    Frob it twice

Just to the left of where you enter the hallway, there's a guard in her own niche. There's a button there, but pushing it doesn't appear to do anything.
    If you shut the door and then push that button it will open the door again. This would come in handy if you came in from the north, but if you pick that door open from the main cell area the switch will appear to do nothing.

Thanks, and one more :)

Thanks for the help, folks. One more query - I seem to be temporarily stuck again.

I've cleared out every part of the missions except there are doors in the basement and the jail cells that I cannot pick nor open with keys or the two gears. I'm playing on Expert. I've been running around because I'm assuming I've missed a key or a lever or something, somewhere, but I'm hoping y'all might give me some hints.

Keys I have:

Main Block, Blue Block, Recreation, Basement (x2), Sleeping Quarters, Metal Gear, Silver Gear.

Thanks for any help!

[Editing with an update]

Nevermind :P I complete missed
    spoiler:
    the two buttons where the guard had been standing at the north end of the blue hallway. D'oh!

Cheers,
    -M
    Last edited by Melissa; 20th Aug 2002 at 21:45.
    Your mileage may vary

Hashishans V2: still unsolvved things...

Finished it and must say it's far better playable than first version...

There are however a few things unsolved that i like to know...

-only found 2 out of 5 secrets... Where are the other 3?
    -3 door unopened (2 near slope and 1 in basement near staircase...)
    -only 3094 loot... where is the other loot (about 600 I guess...)

What difficulty level are you playing?

What version are you playing (2, 2b, 2c)?

There were three doors that were unopenable in the beta version. The one at the bottom of the ramp in blue block was frobbable, but there was no key for it. That's supposed to be accessible in version 2c, but I haven't replayed it, yet.

As for secrets, I'm guessing the two that you found are the two half-height sliding doors at the beginning of the mission.

spoiler:

Do some climbing on the beams in the main room above the cell blocks.
    Look behind the beds in the guards sleeping quarters.
    I'm not sure about the last one, but I think it's the button in the room at the bottom of the elevator.

secret

spoiler:
    last secret is located in the room where you killed franky, behind the woman is an elevator at bottom of elevator counts as a secret on secrets list, loot in there.

- 3 door unopened (2 near slope and 1 in basement near staircase...)
    spoiler:
    Free the Hashishan brothers and follow them. They will open one of those 3 doors for you and leave you a key for the other. You will eventually come out of that 3rd door after you finish exploring. As far as the missing loot - you will find it behind door #2.

I see... thanks peeps...

I still say it's to easy

That's only because you are so intimatly aquainted with the mission. It is a LOT easier for me to play this mission now after a half-dozen times than it was the first time. Now I know just what equiptment I will have to work with and just where I am really going to need it so there are very few snags. A guess that's why people ghost or give themselves other near-impossible goals - to make a hard mission harder. But not everyone is a "Master Thief" - not yet anyway.

1 secret & 250 loot short of total available

Fantastic!!! Can't remember much about the first version ... however, had the distinct impression I was playing a different mission all together & that this was by far the more superior version

I was a tad disappointed that only one guard gave his life to destroy the machine I let loose in the basement. So when I was invited to
    spoiler:
    take my turn to kill or be killed in the pit ...for those 3 gems ... ok, so I wanted to work out my frustrations out, too ... I did some killing ... only to find that I still couldn't kill anything, except for the spider.

Ben Hur, nice touch with the music ... the child seemed estatic. Wonder how one would go about getting it to actually flow with the music like the 'easter egg' mission in Thief -TDP. Also found it interesting that the zombie, ape man, spiders, guards and harlot all got along splendidly down in the lower dungeons. Went to the time & effort of unlock the door to the ape man's cell only to find out that the only target it was interested in was me. So much for risking my life for nothing. As for the 2 other prisoners above; they were too stupid to move (a DromEd thing)
    spoiler:
    so it became a race to knock them out before they got killed (discovered the lever later on but since this was initiailly set in the off position had to work fast to first turn it on & then off again.

As for the secrets - only found 4
    spoiler:
    (1) the sliding doors at the start only count as one (2) the door accessible via the beams, (3) the switch behind the bunkbed and the (4) getting entrance to the room with the safes in the room at bottom of elevator that you can't move from the upper floor).
    These appear to be the same ones mentioned by previous posts above. Anyone know where the other one is? Hopefully it's will give me access to 250 loot.
    Last edited by DreamWalker; 25th Aug 2002 at 16:28.

The 5th secret is

spoiler:
    in the room next to the combat bot that is behind the double doors off the main cell block, first floor. A switch under the table is very hard to see.

The loot there is worth 200. The remaining 50 is another problem....

Ben Hur,

I finished the updated mission this morning. Got all the secrets and loot. I am pleased with all of the changes you made after the beta test, particularly the now-accessible Pit of Despair. That is a wild place! The scripts there and elsewhere are excellent. Good work. Those guards by the outdoor fire still can't be ghosted, by me at least. I think the rest of the mission can be ghosted, with the exception of the loot in the Pit area and the bolt turret, which gave me a little trouble. But I didn't even try ghosting it this time. It was BJ city. All AI are down for the count except one hard hat by the cell switch.

I agree with Diana. The mission is easy only if you have played it a few times and know it well. There are quite a few goosy AI in there and some tricky places to find. It is a challenge the first time through. And, if you want a little more challenge, play it in zero damage mode, which can be done.

FYI, I entered the water wheel room by bashing the door, but I could not mantle out of the water to leave.
    Last edited by smithpd; 25th Aug 2002 at 17:14.

Thanks, smithpd, got it & the other 50 loot too.
    spoiler:
    had forgotten to celebrate my pit fight victory.
    Again, great work and imaginationBen Hur.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast