TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Skin Tutorial

Skin Tutorial

I just made a tutorial for replacing skins tell me what you think. http://www.geocities.com/despedazados/index.html

hey!!
    i think the tutorial is quite good. (but i already know how to do it) so i guess you will have to wait for someone to use it properly before you know if it helps beginners or not?

just one thing...and i could be wrong....but when you type in the old and new textures doesn't it have to be case sensitive? if it is then i think you could mention this in the tutorial. tho i could be wrong.
    cheers!!
    flyin' through hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops boy!!

No I don't think it is case sensitive. I tested it but if i'm wrong someone let me know.

hey!!
    sorry, my fault. just been into dromed and checked and you were right.

cheers!!
    flyin' through hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops boy!!

It's pretty good.
    just one suggestion, if you type the parts and phrases from the properties in bold the whole thing will get a whole lot less confusing. For example:
    2. In dromed add the Renderer -> Mesh Textures property to your AI and then in the fields texture in model: and replace with: type in the .gif that the original model uses and the one you want to replace it with. Do not include file paths. An example is shown below. (Right-click and open in a new window.)
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will make adjustments.