TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N00B Queston: Where Y'all @?

N00B Queston: Where Y'all @?

I logged on last night for the first time, but didn't see anyone online. Is there a good time when to find peeps online?

The game looks great, BTW. Someone squished me when I was a rat. Great fun! :)

-Darkelfo

ps Posted with my Handspring Treo 300

Hmmmm, you didn't see anyone online though, someone crushed you as a rat? o_O

I'm in europe and I haven't played for almost two weeks now *sniff* i'm glad I have the oppertunity to use lynx to browse these forums... That keeps me connected a bit... I'll be online again soon though. (I hope )

Bots can squish!

Yep, bots can squish rats.

As fer me... I had lots of work to do at college, so I kind of vanished from the Forum and online games.

And by the time I did so, there was a lot of imature ppl playing.

I hear that players now are more mature... however, I'm currently mapping, not playing.

Any info on that map of yours kael? I'm interested...

Yeah, there was one dood on there and he shot me. We both thought it was a hoot.

But no one else was on and he logged off after that. All the servers said stuff like 'thieves 0/5 guards 0/10'. I gather this means no one is on.

What's the usual online game time?

-Darkelfo

dood? hoot?

Anytime in the day time seems good for me (I live in -5 GMT).

I haven't been playing much. What free time I have has mostly been working on my TUT map. I should have a couple of screenshots to post soon.
    Signed,
    Richard M. Nixon.

Cool... What's the name of the map?

Originally posted by Omega
    dood? hoot?
    Dood = dewd = dude.

Hoot = the noise an owl makes. Also used to describe something that's a real stitch.

*sigh* is it so hard to write proper english without the netspeak? Those people just rape the english language...

Cool... What's the name of the map?
    Right now I call it "The Archery Tournament".

Basicly its one of those loot-the-mansion-with-the-optional-really-expensive-custom-loot-item type maps. The thieves have to break in and steal so much loot and/or a 1st Place archery tournament trophy. The mansion belongs to a woman who hosts the city's annual achery tournament in her back yard.
    Signed,
    Richard M. Nixon.

Kinda like a th-nostalgia map?

*sigh* is it so hard to write proper english without the netspeak? Those people just rape the english language...
    Neither "hoot" nor "dude" are netspeak, although "dood" is a version of "dude" that's usually only seen online.

I wasn't talking about dude and hoot. I was talking about dood... And I didn't knew what he ment with hoot.

Originally posted by NeoPendragon

Right now I call it "The Archery Tournament".

Basicly its one of those loot-the-mansion-with-the-optional-really-expensive-custom-loot-item type maps. The thieves have to break in and steal so much loot and/or a 1st Place archery tournament trophy. The mansion belongs to a woman who hosts the city's annual achery tournament in her back yard.
    There's a fan mission for thief 2 that looks like what you plan to do. Ever heard of Lord Gervaisius' archery tournament?

Originally posted by Lurox

There's a fan mission for thief 2 that looks like what you plan to do. Ever heard of Lord Gervaisius' archery tournament?
    Yeah. I didn't like it. Everything was way too big. This will be nothing like that FM.
    Signed,
    Richard M. Nixon.

Yeah, not too good mission... What Neo said...

Any info on that map of yours kael? I'm interested...
    Well.... after all my DM (read Dungeon Master) experience in RPGs I tend to complicate things a bit. I don't like to provide my players with a simple or limited experience. I want them to FEEL the experience.

So, my original idea for a map developed into such a complicated plot that I thought it would be wrong to try it in my first map.
    If it didn't work out, the map would either never be finished or it'd suck. Or I might never map again.

So I decided to start with something more simple. (Yes, more simple, not necessarily simple, just simpler than the other one.... )

It is currently called "The Sea Tower".
    I don't want to reveal much yet (cause I want to be sure that I'll finish it... and it's hard when you're also taking a degree in something).

But...
    I can advance the following (which will probably be maintained until the end):
    Plot... there's an ancient tower guarded by regular guards but something is changing them... they're getting more aggressive... the sea folk that lived in the nearby village have all fled. But the thieves' guild has information that some relics may be buried in darkened tombs beneath the island tower. You gotta go check it out...
    Type of map... Not the "regular" mansion level being developed... but also (I'm trying) as exciting... lots of water (breathing potions!) and traps (my DM blood tingling with delight... guards will probably like some...) and ancient mumbo-jumbo (I like those!).

But...
    All this will only exist if I ever manage to solve the problems I'm currently experiencing and if someone will later help me on some details in which my artistic vein has no pressure. I will also not mention what kind of help I need yet, cause most of the level will have to finished when that time comes. So no point mentioning that now.

Thx for yer interest though ,
    Kael

Sounds really interesting but I seems to resemble a map one of the Thievery Team's mappers is making...

Sounds really interesting but I seems to resemble a map one of the Thievery Team's mappers is making...
    Really?
    Who?
    Where?
    Where?

Kael

I think Omega may be referring to my Th-Tower map.
    Th-Tower Screenshot
    "Oooh, shiny!"
    Mordengaard
    Thievery Tester / Mapper / Nitpick

is a Black Cat!
    Anyway Kael, don't you stop working on that map!

I was about to say that...

Damnit, my next map was gonna be a big tower! Ah well, I've still got a few spare ideas.

Originally posted by The_Dan
    Damnit, my next map was gonna be a big tower! Ah well, I've still got a few spare ideas.
    I have a map idea, if you're interested. I'd do it myself, but I don't have the time or the ability to make it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast