TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Okay, the game REALLY needs this....

Okay, the game REALLY needs this....

I had just spawned (game just started) and in the 15 seconds it took me to get to the basement of the house a thief had managed to pick the lock and enter. I chased him out but not before being bj'd to half health from the front. (I bought stuff to trap the basement door but it did not help...the 30 seconds I needed to run to the spot and place it just wasn't available)

When the count down initially allows the game to being it would be nice if there were another count down that allowed people to take positions, or at least buy their things. I've seen major objectives snagged before I finished spending 20 seconds buying stuff. (or everybody got to buy stuff and then right click to indicate the game may now begin)

How am I supposed to defend the house if theives can get inside before I can even get to the door I want to defend?

First of all, what map are you referring to?

I highly recommend using loadouts, then buying takes a second or two. Even if it means you dont get exactly what you need for the level the extra time it saves you could be priceless.
    Fear the Mercs!!!

Ah, that might be the fix.
    What is a load out?

When you open the buy menu there is a tab at the bottom titled "loadouts" you have 4 slots in which you can save 4 different buying loadouts.
    Fear the Mercs!!!

Gerbil-
    To save a loadout, just buy whatever equipment you want saved, open the "loadout" tab on the buy menu, and right-click on a loadout slot. In later games you can buy that entire set by left-clicking the loadout number (an equipment list will be displayed when you hold your cursor over the loadout). As HG said, you can save up to 4 of these.
    Enjoy!
    ~

Also, if you buy the wrong loadout, or for that matter just make a mistake in purchasing, there is a "5th loadout" there called "Empty Handed" - that resets your purchase.

You can even customize the names of your loadouts. Go to your unrealtournament/system folder and look for a file called thloadouts.ini or ThieveryLoadouts.ini (I forget which) and open it up. In there, you'll see the default names (Thief1, Thief2, Guard1, Guard2, etc). Just change those names, save the file, and the next time you run Thievery, those names will appear in your loadout menus.

That's "ThieveryLoadouts.ini.

I was wondering how people could become active so fast.
    I love it when I got a gripe and the developers already have a fix in there.

*puts a gold star on the Development Teams paper*

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
    I was wondering how people could become active so fast.
    I love it when I got a gripe and the developers already have a fix in there.

*puts a gold star on the Development Teams paper*
    Some people put their full money into a given loadout, some only put a portion of it in, leaving the remainder to customize that loadout some for the specific map or style they're going to play. The former makes for 2 second starts, the latter takes a little more time, but is more customized. I do a little of both.

Originally posted by LaughingRat

Some people put their full money into a given loadout, some only put a portion of it in, leaving the remainder to customize that loadout some for the specific map or style they're going to play. The former makes for 2 second starts, the latter takes a little more time, but is more customized. I do a little of both.
    Hmmm actually I've never thought of making a loadout using only part of my loot! Thats a good idea.
    Fear the Mercs!!!