TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something up there (2002-09-25): from the author

Something up there (2002-09-25): from the author

Hi!

I am so happy, I finally finished my first fan mission!

I originally posted it on the Editors Guild, and didn't know this Forum existed. Sorry 'bout that, won't happen again

Okay here it is:

Tiltle: Something up there.....

Check it out here! http://www.eyedomind.nl/thief/

or download here

Sorry for the sometimes enormously high polycount, wil work on that later....

Here are some screenshots:

Last edited by epithumia; 18th Jun 2009 at 19:33.

Thank you Ewillems

I'm just downloading...

The screenies look very fine!

Well 98 %, 99 % ... yeah finsished.

Need to taffin' now - See you later...
    "Don't dream it - be it!"

I like your screenshots! I'm ready to go a taffin'.

Have fun all

E.

I'm glad you found our forum, ewillems! Welcome and thank for the FM. I'm betatesting Insurrection right now, but as soon as I'm done, I'll be playing yours. The screenshots look terrific!

Great Mission!

I'm stuck though.

spoiler:
    Do I rope arrow up those beems sticking out the side of the tower?

spoiler:
    I walked up to the portal but nothing happened. Should it have?

spoiler:
    and if not in those two places, where do I find the Warrior?

I have met all the other objectives, gotten all the loot, and picked all the pockets.

Originally posted by diana50322
    Great Mission!

I'm stuck though.

Q: Do I rope arrow up those beems sticking out the side of the tower?
    A: Yes, and it would be handy to have 2 rope arrows for this. The virtual vertigo caused by this section gave me heart palpitations!

Q: I walked up to the portal but nothing happened. Should it have?
    A:Not that I found but that's not definitive.

Q: and if not in those two places, where do I find the Warrior?
    A: See my first response.

I have met all the other objectives, gotten all the loot, and picked all the pockets.

Thank you Norman my dear!

Yes, I know I could have answered that question myself, and would have eventually seen the ladder, but I guess I was hoping you would say, "No, Diana, you do not have to climb up there. The answer is in a much safer place." Silly me.

One time I jumped and missed the rope and went off the side, back first, and got to see the top of the tower fade away from me. Sure was a lot more interesting than falling face first again.

If you've ever played Tomb Raider then you've heard Lara scream when she falls or dives from a certain height. I think that it would be cool if Garret would yell on the way down instead of after he hits the ground! It's like, "Oh by the way, AWWWWWWGH, I just fell to my death and it hurt!"

after ND's little Q&A I gotta try this one..
    The problem is choice...

I really enjoyed this unique mission . " it's a long way up ! " - no shit , this was the first time I've experienced vertigo since the original missions .

I played Something Up There today and it was a lot of fun! Thank you very much, ewillems! I hope you have more in store for us.

Well, in Utrecht there are a lot of nice canals, and I also like water in Thief.

I just might want to do a sequel, which will involve these canals.

I just didn't have time enough to try out water in this mission, exept from the waterflow in the canon, that is.

The canals in Utrecht are especially nice, since they are the only ones in The Netherlands that have little warfs. Next to these warfs are little catacombs, where merchants use to stock their supplies: I would say a perfect setting for a lot of looting, hey?

I feel like opening DromEd again, after all the enthousiatic reactions....

Oh, Norman Druart:

spoiler:
    No, the portal is there just for story purposes and for show....

sorry! hehe

Glad you 'enjoyed the ride', the climb even gave me the bejeebers...

Thank you ewillems for not making us come back down!

I concur , But I sure had fun tossing those poor blokes down and watching them slide across the cobblestone .

I'm betatesting Insurrection right now
    by Nightwalker

Is that the second half of Frobber's Hallucinations? If so YES!! I am in Thief Heaven...
    The problem is choice...

Yes, that's it!! It's scheduled for release on Oct. 1, I believe, if everything goes according to plan. You're going to love it.

A funny thing happend to me after library.....the mission ended succesully! Everything was checked off
    spoiler:
    except for the new objective
    I had saved right before entering the library so I just re-loaded and saved the loot objective for last. Which ment I HAD to climb down!

Thank goodness for apples and bread and legs of lamb and health potion. I made it half way before falling and ended up with just one little health left.

spoiler:
    Just for fun I used the gas mine on the scary guy at the top and then dropped him from the top of the tower... hehheeeee...

This was a fun map. Great job.....

Thank yee, thank yee!

I have had the complaint before.

It is all due to
    spoiler:
    the fact that you can steal money from the safe withuot opening it... have to solve that....

I did not intend for you taffers to climb down again....

Glad you liked it! The most fun was in the making of it

E.

Yes I have to admit .... while staring at the "Warior's" back I knew that I could just give him one good hack with my sword and be done with it. But NO!!! Where was the fun in that? So I blackjacked him and carried him to the edge, leaned forward for a good view, and threw him off. He hit the ledge below then slid off and proceeded down and eventually laded on the roof of the building where you climb up the ladder. He He ha haaaaaaa. Oh what fun!

Just played this, and for being short, I found it very good
    I liked the atmosphere around the taaaaaaaaall tower.

But when climbing those beams and starring down, I felt butterflies in my stomach, lol.
    Just like being in a rollercoaster, hehe..

Nice mission ewillems!
    "why be normal when you're happy as crazy?"
    -->My webpage<--

I gather that the mission ends on top of the tower. Is that right? I've completed "Get your sword back" and "Get 2000 loot" but the objective for "Find out what's going on in Utrecht" doesn't check off.
    spoiler:
    . I found a dead priest and read his note, I pickpocketed the golden skull from the haunt/thief, and then killed him. What's left?

Brian_R170,

spoiler:
    Did you read the book in the church at the front entrance on the table? There was also a scroll in the library at the very back, on the last row.

spoiler:
    Yes, Shadow Creepr is right, the Book in the Church gives a hint that the Tower Meister is investigating the scriptures: in his library there is a scroll in the back, if you take that: you will have a new objective. A bug: don't have all loot though, or your mission will end.... I made a mistake that people can take loot without opening the safe.... Will have to fix that.

Guard tossing? Oh yeah, I'm there! I have gotten a kick out of Blackjacking the guards on the tower and catapulting them over the edge! I had one scream when they hit the roof though (oops, guess they weren't dead yet).

Even Garrett had to do a little swan dive, just for kicks. He walked off one time, then he backed off another time and bye bye Garrett!

What? Why are all of you staring at me? Diana50322 did it too........................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast