TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Timoteus Oct/02

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jericho
    [B]
    spoiler:
    You have to get the other hammer first (can't recall if this Eastern of Western one). In that case once you unlock the gate with the first hammer, you can go to this so-called "point of no return" and once you unlock the other gate, you can still return. :-)

Yes, what you say is true, but that does not address my point. As I said above, if you fail to open another access route first, you are trapped down there, and it is necessary to reload a saved game to get out of the trap. This happened to me. Since the player has no way to know this in advance (or even if he did), it is a game-play bug.
    spoiler:
    The other three rooms do not have this problem. You are trapped only if you enter from room #2 without first opening access via #1, #3, or# 4.

Ah, OK. Then I guess you are right about being trapped, when you take this route as your first one.

So far I haven't found any switch in the "tunnel of no return" if that is what you ask. Lady Jo mentioned something about the key, I'm not sure if I understood her post correctly.

Long Finger
    Mol, to react to your remark about frobbable doors that make no sound: I think you mean the doors on the second floor in the last corridor farthest away from the prison, these doors can be opened. It is just a slight bug that prevents the sound to propagate from the room to the corridor. I noticed that too, but no big deal. I was testing the translations, not betatesting the mission, so I made no report of this. If you want to know how to open them:
    spoiler:
    Find a room with a female servant patrolling (which also has an adjacent room with a pool). There is a chest in one of the corners which contains the Conference Rooms key.

Excellent mission but I spent over 2 hours trying the find the dang blasted basement key in the holding cells

I do agree with Long Finger with the flobbable doors as cannot lockpick or bash them open

Ok, I'm making steady progress, but would y'all mind terribly tossing a couple of clues for the clueless...

You see, I'm missing....
    spoiler:
    the key to the first lockbox on the walls. Top row, first lockbox. Haven't been able to find that anywhere.

I'm also missing a fourth hammer. I think I have opened the doors to east, west and south, and I'm missing the key-hammer to north. Where to look?

Also, is there supposed to be something else in the maze except for the loot among the pile of bones, and the entry to the Reading Room past the spinning guy (where I finally found the key to the Library, and have found apparently what there was to find). I thought that I'd find the vault down in the maze, but either it's not there, or the maze's really got me stumped.

- Mika L

mol - Uh, you got quite far. To be honest, I can't help... I got as far as you did. Perhaps Long Finger can post and help you.

Texture problems....

Yesterday, I've downloaded the english version and it appears that some textures are completely blue
    and Jorge style....

Am I the only one to notice that or what ?

Mol -
    spoiler:
    Look carefully in the #3 office room, there's a switch somewhere.

SPOILER]The switch "brings" the hammer[/SPOILER]

spoiler:
    There's a keeper's medalion in the maze, search carefully :-)

Gone, but never forgotten
    Originally posted by mol
    spoiler:
    the key to the first lockbox on the walls. Top row, first lockbox. Haven't been able to find that anywhere.

spoiler:
    For the key to the first lookbox, look carefully in the #1 office room.
    In the maze, there is also a tiara

Re: Texture problems....

Originally posted by Stefan_Key
    Yesterday, I've downloaded the english version and it appears that some textures are completely blue
    and Jorge style....

Am I the only one to notice that or what ?

Mol -
    spoiler:
    Look carefully in the #3 office room, there's a switch somewhere.

SPOILER]The switch "brings" the hammer[/SPOILER]

spoiler:
    There's a keeper's medalion in the maze, search carefully :-)
    Textures in some places like
    spoiler:
    behind the maze, the area with the spinning guy is entirely blue, and so are the teleport rooms. I thought this was intentional. Haven't ran into Jorge yet, though.

Can you clarify a bit;
    spoiler:
    by #3 office room do you mean the room marked 3 on the same level and exactly opposite to the wall lock-boxes, or some other room? I've found a switch on the floor there near the table, that opened a secret compartment with a key and a hammer (I think) inside, but that's not the hammer I'm missing. Is there another switch in that room somewhere? If so, it's really well hidden. Well, most of the stuff in this mission is Oh, and I found the medallion!

What about the key to the first lock-box (leftmost on top row)? Where's that? I'm totally stumped right now!

Thanks for help!

- Mika L

spoiler:
    To look at carefully in the water of the room #1, there are a key and water arrows.

In the room # 3, it is necessary to use the hammer which is found there.

The textures are not in Jorge style, look at the Polish and French version.
    Last edited by Lady Jo; 27th Jan 2003 at 09:09.

Lady Jo!

THANK YOU!!

It was precisely that key that I was missing! Now I'm again making headway!

- Mika L

And TA-DA!!

Finished! Whew, what an unusual and curious mission! Lots of surprises, plenty of head-scratching, searching for all kinds of stuff like nobody's business -- not bad at all!

Definitely worth a taffer's time! Gimme more!

Stats:
    spoiler:
    4 hours, 34 minutes, 25 seconds total time. Includes some idle time. Loot 8412/8937, pockets 6/9, locks 28, knock-outs 22, damage dealt 56, received none, health taken none, secrets 3/4. The secrets bit disappoints me. I guess I have to go and find the last one!

- Mika L

mol - Congrats!

Is there jorge? I must say I played the mission and I saw no jorge... There were blue rooms, but I can say as mol - I was under the impression this was intensional.

If there is a texture problem, please report and we will take quick actions.

I sent a mail with the screenshots to you

Textures

Textures should be beautiful and not blue nor jorge.

Play polish or french version just to check it out.

Instead of blue rooms, there are personal textures added by Timon, I think you made a mistake while recording in Dromed.

Jericho said :

There were blue rooms, but I can say as mol - I was under the impression this was intensional.
    Haven't you played polish or french version first ?

Long Finger
    About the texture problem; I had seen the blue rooms as weel, but I assumed it was intentional (as mol did). From the screenshots of Lady Jo I saw that there were other textures intended there. I noticed that when Dromed Deluxe is installed the 4 zipfiles interfere with the custom textures from Timoteus. In that case I see jorge on the places where I now see blue after having moved them to another dir. I downloaded the french and polish versions already, and I will look into it. I will report back here in a day or so.

Lady Jo - Thanks for the screenshots. I have no idea why this happened. I didn't play a full Polish version and I actually only scanned through the French one, so I thought the blue rooms were intensional.

All the original textures were included, so I'm not sure what happened.

At least the mission is fully playable.

Hm, let Long Finger and me take a look at it and post back.

Lady Jo, you've got real cool screenshots !!

Right now Timon is checking English version of his mission (where did jorge come from?!).
    Expect any news or updates soon...
    Last edited by bukary; 27th Jan 2003 at 12:25.
    Cartographer's Note FM: in production.
    Download Old Comrades, Old Debts FM or Mistrz Effects demo and see my old projects!

Long Finger
    Some more about the textures:

1- I checked if all the textures were present in the english .zip file; They were.

2- I checked if there were any differences between the textures; There were not.

3- I copied the texture files from a french zipfile which had the right textures; No difference playing a saved game, or a new game.

4- I replaced the english .mis file; The saved games as well as the newly started games have good textures now, but all translated object strings are back to french now.

This means that the mission file got damaged somehow. I once noticed that a file was damaged when zipped with a RAR archiver, but a file can also get damaged during transfer. Anyway, I have been translating a corrupted .mis file. I never saw the original textures, but thanks to Lady Jo I found out.

So this is what I suggest:

- I will take a polish .mis file.
    - Translate the texts and put the polish ones that are in there in a .str file.
    - I repare the sound for the frobbable doors on the second floor. (which is also absent in the french version)
    - I check afterwards if the textures are still okay
    - I make a trully multi-lingual version of it (polish, french and english)
    - I let Timon, Jericho and Stephan_Key check it out.
    - It can be uploaded to the Thief sites to replace all three old versions?

That's what I came up with. It will take me atleast a few days, or does anyone have a better idea? I like to hear that.

Long Finger - Thanks for checking all that out!! At least we know it's not our fault.

I think the plan is OK. For now the English community has a fully playable English version of Timoteus. And of course, I will both help you as well as check the mission per your last message.

The only thing, I may suggest... Don't take the Polish .mis file. Take a French one, because we translated the scrolls, which were added to the French version, remember?

Let me know how I can help and I will.

EDIT: I have just scanned Polish Thief forums. It seems there was a similar problem with the very first version of the Polish mission, but the problem was fixed during beta. I'm not sure, is it possible that the textures are somehow "sensitive" or simple we had a bad luck with sending the files over the net? I admit we exchnaged the pack many times over the Internet.
    Last edited by jericho; 27th Jan 2003 at 13:21.

Long Finger
    Good point Jericho, You might be able to help by translating the extra french texts into polish. I don't know if it are many, but in any case we should count how many there are. For a multi langual version, we can leave the new french texts out the polish version. In order to see them in the french and english version, we do need the scrolls where the extra texts are shown, but in the polish version these will be frobbable but don't display anything. But it would be nice if could get polish texts as well there. I Also discovered a few minor typing errors and an occasional text lay-out problem, which also can be correted then in the english texts.

About the texture problem with the first polish version: Is it possible for you to find out what caused that error and how they solved the problem? It might be useful in our case too.
    Last edited by Long Finger; 27th Jan 2003 at 14:07.

Originally posted by Long Finger
    Good point Jericho, You might be able to help by translating the extra french texts into polish.
    Ah, right, right... Good point! It won't be difficult. I will get down to it tomorrow.

I don't know if it are many, but in any case we should count how many there are.
    I think 8 or 9 files. (tymakta 30 till 38)

For a multi langual version, we can leave the new french texts out the polish version. In order to see them in the french and english version, we do need the scrolls where the extra texts are shown, but in the polish version these will be frobbable but don't display anything. But it would be nice if could get polish texts as well there.
    As I say, I will translate them as soon as I can, hopefully tomorrow.

I Also discovered a few minor typing errors and an occasional text lay-out problem, which also can be correted then in the english texts.
    I suggest this time we take it easy. I know there was a huge pressure for English version (which by the way, I fully understand) and Komag's contest deadline was sort of "stepping on our toes". English community has got the English version now, it is fully playable, regrettably with some minor bugs... So this time, let's take our time and correct everything, play-test it in 200% and then get the multi-language version out.

About the texture problem with the first polish version: Is it possible for you to find out what caused that error and how they solved the problem? It might be useful in our case too.
    OK. I talked to Timon briefly and it seems that he got the blue textures in exactly the same places where we got them in his beta version.

Long Finger
    Originally posted by jericho
    I suggest this time we take it easy. I know there was a huge pressure for English version (which by the way, I fully understand) and Komag's contest deadline was sort of "stepping on our toes". English community has got the English version now, it is fully playable, regrettably with some minor bugs... So this time, let's take our time and correct everything, play-test it in 200% and then get the multi-language version out.
    I agree completely here. I even intend to make a tool that one can switch the langage you play it in. I have some ideas about that.

OK. I talked to Timon briefly and it seems that he got the blue textures in exactly the same places where we got them in his beta version.
    Okay, thanks. We wait what he comes up with.

I suggest we do our exchange of other developement/brushing up ideas via email. This thread is available for the players to ask their questions about the gameplay. They got the message by now we are working on it. We did not forget them. We delivered a playable english version and the rest we are ironing out. It might begin to look like a developers forum thread otherwise.

Thanks for the input Jericho, I think I am going to add you to my buddylist.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast