TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: T1 FM - The Item Oct/02

BANNED
    Cant... find.... anything!!!

BANNED
    Can anyone give me a link to this FM, 'The Item'. Its not on Keep of Met... or on Apache's page.

Thanks Nightwalker - finally finished. I really enjoyed this one but the rope arrow thing is really tough.

Years ago author promised to translate texts, but still didn't to this time. So I decided not to wait and translate myself from russian version by clearing. Texts are really not important for walkthrough, and I'm not sure if anyone needs them. Anyway, here it is... My english isn't very good, so please fix it.

LabirintusKep/Book.pcx

Labyrinth map in the wake of brother Murus

GK/Book.pcx

The adventures of Garrett
    Full romance

001.str

He who steps through this door, let him resign all hope.

002.str

The water is our life-giving... Water keepers let go only worthy ones...

Naplo.str

Frank Garrett diary, beginning from 832.
    3 july 832.
    I decided to write down the things, that happen to me lately. Therefore I began to write this diary. Only the most important things will get into this book. If something weird happen to me, I'll write that down at once. Today my ex-instructor visited me personally. That special keeper, who once caught me at the market square. Probably he worries about my destiny, though I don't need that at all, because he warns all the time in his letter about hammerite activity.

He told how a couple of good years ago a group of wanderers discovered one special place near the high mountain, located to the north from Dreckborn. Out of group members only one has returned, but unfortunately, he got a little crazy, so he couldn't tell everything, beside that, that no one should walk near the mountain, because the death meets there personally... During 100 year of all what happened, namely now, hammerites investigated the matter. They had sent the ghost of their mages, so those have a look what else is in that place. The mages could inform of this unusual item. But this item had such a great magic power, that it almost consumed their ghost. They hardly returned to order walls, and now they want this item. They want to get it.

However, if this turn out well, they'll possess such a power, which any usual mortal's hand isn't worthy of...I don't deny, this item interests me, too. After the victory over Constantine perhaps secondly I'll have to save the world? Tomorrow I go to that mountain...
    4 july 832.
    Exclusively now I won't mention day events, and write down where I am now, in what circumstances. I went to the mountain, as mentioned above. I felt nothing having approached the place's entrance, which was well hidden at all. Now I stand here in a very short hallway. Let's see what so dangerous in this place...
    Last edited by Winter Cat; 24th Mar 2011 at 10:37.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Thanks Winter Cat ! I remember playing this 7 years ago. Now, I can play it again in English
    Thanks for your work !

for some reason I can't find the server thief.math.uh.edu, are there any mirrors ?

Clearinghouse
    thief.math.uh.edu - old thiefmissions.com url
    http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=The_Item
    Last edited by clearing; 23rd Oct 2010 at 09:20.

clearing
    Thanks for your efforts, without you the russian translation wouldn't be possible...

The thread title really need a date put into it. (knocks on Nightwalker's door)

The thread now says it's T2 mission, while it's actually for T1.

Sorry. I should have checked. I'll fix that up now.

The Item

Hi there!

I cannot believe my old FM still interests someone! And even two other translations (English and Russian)! This feels wonderful!
    I do have the very original (Hungarian) version of The Item but unfortunatelly I cannot say where.
    If I find it, I send it to you I promise.

I finished with Dromed after release of The Item, so no changes will be made on this mission anymore. Currently I'm working on The Sly Project (http://tsp.comlu.com), a 5 mission long campaign for The Dark Mod.

Thank you again!

- Oszkár

Thanks

I have just played this mission and found that is was a very good one!! I had a great time exploring and trying not to die in the giant room!!

To Winkler Oszkár Thank you for this gem, great work! Too bad it took me so long to find it!

Seeing this on the first page made me play this mission. I have to say I had a great time (even though I didn´t understand the readables). Lots of fun stuff to do and things to explore. Great use of sound as well.

In the giant room, I got a lot of mileage out of my newly acquired skills of dropping down on a rope arrow fired into the very surface I want to get down from. At one time, I even fired the rope from above while leaning out over the edge. For future adventures, it´s good to know that this is possible, at least for T1. Have to try it in T2 as well.

That hole-in-the-dark in the middle of that room was just EVIL! It put an end to my no-reloads first run...

I had tried weighing down the two pressure plates with bedrolls, Haunt corpses and zombie parts to no avail, so when I found the two heavy rocks, I went "This is what I´m looking for!".

I needed help with finding the exit. I never noticed the lockbox on the wall. Finished with all but 100 loot.

I just put the two rubbles on the two pedestals. What happened?
    What am I to do next?

I found the entrance now. Moving on now ...
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 26th Mar 2011 at 20:54. Reason: took a rest, found out more after that ...
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Winkler Oszkár View Post
    Hi there!

I cannot believe my old FM still interests someone! And even two other translations (English and Russian)! This feels wonderful!
    I do have the very original (Hungarian) version of The Item but unfortunatelly I cannot say where.
    If I find it, I send it to you I promise.

I finished with Dromed after release of The Item, so no changes will be made on this mission anymore. Currently I'm working on The Sly Project (http://tsp.comlu.com), a 5 mission long campaign for The Dark Mod.

Thank you again!

- Oszkár
    Hooray!!

Pretty fun tomb raiding mission: lots of climbing underground on ladders, undead, traps, a few puzzles, keys to find that unlock new areas. Finished on Easy in 52 minutes with 2475 of 3675 total loot.

Just finished this UNDISCOVERD Gem of a FM, with 3175 out of 3675 loot! Think The Bonehoard meets The Sword. Highly reccomended FM!

It’s been merely two years and I have completely lost all memories about this mission. All I have left is my post above and a 5/10 rating on Thief Guild.

The mission is very large brush construction giving it a very simple, gamey playspace than an immersive one. Some puzzling and back and forth.

I just finished playing this and don't know how I missed it. This was pretty cool little mission and worth mentioning again.

enjoy !

http://thiefmissions.com/m/The_Item#m
    Mission title - The Item
    Author - Oszkár Winkler (Sam2 = Sam)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234