TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your nickname(s)

Your nickname(s)

What's the origin behind your player/forum name(s)?

I'll start:

I go by a few names online. One is BobTheDog. Bob The Dog is a random creation I made one day. I basically drew a simple cartoon dog with a pencil that said: Bob The Dog says, "Now you've gone too far!" A year or so later I saw it and it didn't make any sense to me. One day I needed a new alias online and decided to use it.

I love egypt, and one of the cities there is Luxor.
    Ah well, I don't need to tell the rest, heh... Pretty obvious.

Originally posted by Lurox
    I love egypt, and one of the cities there is Luxor.
    Ah well, I don't need to tell the rest, heh... Pretty obvious.
    Bad typing, Lurox?

I started out in this game like I do in most things, lurking. I spectated a lot. Since a spectator is a rat, I went by "Rat". Then, one round I was watching turned out to be VERY amusing (all the players seemed to agree at the time), and I was laughing so hard, I changed my name to LaughingRat.

Of course, since then, I've also been CryingRat, DrunkenRat, GuardingRat, NoobieRat, JumpingRat, HidingRat, AccessorytomurderRat, and STFUDarkProjectRat, and others I can't be bothered to remember right now.

It's really a very versatile name.

I'll admit I'm not usually as versatile as LR, but I suppose I could be. My name is Bill, as you might have guessed, and I adorn my name with the occasional prefix. WildBill and DarkBill are the two I've been using for Thievery. I'll probably switch entirely to the latter eventually, since the more I play the more of a ghoster I'm becoming.

well unlike LR's nick..mine is original... i was workin on a project for school and it was night..power went out so i said damn darkproject..then i said .."HEY!" that sounds cool... and after that i was known by whitecrowxx but then l8er i said f***'in crow.. i am the darkproject..then some weird cult game used my name in thier title!!!! cheap companies!
    ~DarkProject-=:ToB:=-{Leader of the Tears of Blood}www.tearsofblood.com
    Kill the spiders ...and save the butterflies... It's rational until you realize that by striving for it, You become a spider yourself...

The first time I played Unreal Tournament, my first FPS on PC, I saw all the bot names so I came up with one that I thought sounded kind of like them and was intimidating. Had that nick online ever since.

Burnham is the ex burglar security expert working blue collar installing panic rooms in 'panic room'

My name comes from playing Warcraft III over battle.net. When playing custom games I saw this guy named "IHateLongnames". I thought it was pretty clever, so I thought it would be funny to change my name to Longnames and follow this guy around. Well I ended up never seeing the other dude again but I just kept using this nick since I was to lazy to change back.

I just got used to the nick and usually it is the kind a nick I would see and think "Man what a dumbass name. What a dumbass." Well it's my dumbass name!

Mine comes from what I do I work on shrinkwrap machines.

Don´t ask me. I use this name in every game since I was 7 and I really can´t remember why.
    But I like it

Well, Long story this one....

Once upon a time, I owned a 486 and all my friends (including Chainsaws) had pentiums, we played quake and my computer slowly plodded along just about keeping up...

From this i earned the name ChunderAss, and my computer 'Chundered' a lot.

As time passed I got a new machine! So ChunderAss didn't fit anyway, at the same time, I had started to like a band Called MachineHead, so I imagitivly changed my Name to 'MachineAss' Which I still use today because It's always original, and I always get to use it! MachineAss@Lycos.com, MachineAss@Hotmail.com etc....

I loved the terminater films, the terminaters on the film where always refered to as 'The Machines' and Sarah Conner always refered to the terminater who was after her as 'The Machine'

This was quite similar to my MachineAss name so i decided to use it!

Hence. - 'TheMachine'

and I went on to live happily ever after...

oh no...ooooh no ...no no no I wont crash my head up to the walls again to think how I will describe my name I have already done it when I came into this community... damn me I have chosen a difficult name
    “O God of Earth and Altar,Bow down and hear our cry,Our earthly rulers falter,Our people drift and die,The walls of gold entomb us,The swords of scorn divide,Take not thy thunder from us,But take away our pride.”
    (G.K.Chesterton: English Hymnal)

In Half-Life mods, I go by the name Bulletcatcher, and when I started playing Thievery, I decided I want a "medieval" version of that to reflect the game's atmosphere.

My name is pretty obvious

Thief Guard: "Huh...did that shadow move ?!....just the wind I gue-euh..."
    In Thievery I play as Nikos which is my real name(my nick is Nick because I'm called Nick...no comments,please).

Well my name is Guard_Master. The first prefix is Guard because (as most of you people know) I always play as a Guard (never played as a Thief not even in single player). The second prefix is Master because I'm a Master at getting knocked out!!! (or not? ).

Sounds to me like your still trying to master playing as a guard.

Originally posted by Yenzarill
    My name is pretty obvious
    Umm. Not really. Educate me?

I'm called DeepQantas, because I'm the guy who broke BrokenArts's kung-fu skills... ie. his arts.

Antiques restoration? Pfft...

Well excuse the fuck out of me for being honest Deep QuantASS I OWN that business, it ownz me, what do you own, a stupid screen name? Pfft. Yeah, I could of come up with something more original, but, people that know me, know, there's only *1* BA.

his arts???? that be HER arts A-hole.
    Last edited by BrokenArts; 10th Nov 2002 at 11:29.

I'm also curious....

The name "Frøsti" is the shortened version of "Forseti", the ancient god of wisdom and justice. I´m playing a lot of LARP (LiveActionRoleplaying), and my current character there is named Forseti and kinda combination of thief and druid. My companions there had some difficulties to yell "Forseti", so they shortened it to Frosti. Also, this sounds meaner (or more ridiculous, your decision). The "ø" is sign of Frøstis nordic heritage. In former times it was not unusal to name a child after an emperor or god or animal (Thorsten, Arthur etc.), so I chose this name. And because of what I do in LARP is very similar to what you do in "Thievery", I took this name for my incarnation in Thievery. Doesn´t help anyway .

Seeya

is a Black Cat!
    Pronounce my nick as Mode Two. I've used this nick for over 3 years. I guess I just got inspired by a grafitti-artist named Cope2. And you wonder why I use such strange capitalization? - Simple, I just think it's funny that people have a hard time writing/reading my nick. (especially Laughing-Rat)

I remember when people called me "modet-wo" and "motewo" and all that in-game... Funny!

I first started using this nick for diablo when I needed something more fitting then my usual stormtrooper nick. like most others here I loved thief, and I also thought the hammerites we pretty kick ass, so hammeriteguard
    Fear the Mercs!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast