TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ancient

Ancient

For anyone whose bursting for a new ss2 level to play, my level Ancient is now complete and up for download. You can grab it here:

http://www.hazardforce.net/Ancient.zip

Thanks to MrTrip for hosting it.

Woohoo!
    I'll check it out once I'll get to a computer which could run SS2 on it, which would probably be on Thursday.
    Anyway, it's great to see another FM (this is the second full-sized FM to be released; the first was Doc4's Arboretum) released for SS2, and hopefully this will encourage more people to create their FMs.

Well unlike arborateum it doesn`t have custom logs or anything. But it is a full blown level, that is ALOT harder than any level currently out for ss2 that I know of. You are guaranteed to die atleast 10 times on this or your money back

I do however use batch files to move things around alittle which hasn`t been done in any fms or speeds maps that I know of to date, and also has music in it (not custom music though) which is something I have not seen in many levels so far either.

The level itself began as a recreation of doom2 level I made long ago by the same name, and later turned into something else. I also supplied the doom2 version in the zip for anyone that was interested in it to see the difference between the two versions. And how much the level has evolved from the original. I think its a VAST improvement. Be interesting what you people think.
    Last edited by icemann; 19th Nov 2002 at 05:13.

Whoah, no kidding on the dying part! I might even have to switch to easy...

So is it scary?

ok, now I'm stuck. Can't get past the door after fighting the robots. Can't find a switch or anything to help me along my way. Anybody have any clue on how to open the door?

It's not really as scary it's "Holy shit that's a lot of guys to kill"

[edit]

The music played the first time I started the level, but after promptly dying and having to restart the level the music hasn't played since.

Search hard and you`ll find what your looking for lunatic96.

The music played for me, everytime I play-tested it. Weird.

Grrr I just released that I forgot to add the modified gamesys with the zip, which allows you to use alot of the weapons alot earlier than you normally could plus allows you to run alittle faster etc.

Next time MrTrip is online I`ll get him to upload it with the gamesys. My apologies. *hangs head in shame*
    Last edited by icemann; 20th Nov 2002 at 02:36.

Ok upload complete. Everyone who downloaded Ancient earlier should re-download it to have the complete version. This one should be alot more beatable now, as you can now use the shotgun and well, you`ll just have to play it to find out what else you can use

cool!

I'm dowloading it =)

-----------------------
    sorry, I'm gonna highjack this thread a bit to post some news about Cygnus-F4. If some of you have followed the link in my sig, you know I've paused the project in order to make a TSP level. But I still work on it, here's the dev status:

- cutscenes have been recorded.
    - logs are near completion (80%)
    - I still have two levels to make (the pack will have 4.5)
    - Logs have to be recorded when they're done.

I also still have some work to do on logos and objects so that the Von Braun symbol doesn't appear anywhere.

After that, well... Test, and release... My experience with ShockEd gave me a more realistic point of view, an I assess it could be complete around next July... I guess I'll just stop talking and get back to work.
    -----------------------

ZylonBane
    Screenshots?

(of Ancients, that is)

Originally posted by icemann
    Search hard and you`ll find what your looking for lunatic96.

The music played for me, everytime I play-tested it. Weird.

Grrr I just released that I forgot to add the modified gamesys with the zip, which allows you to use alot of the weapons alot earlier than you normally could plus allows you to run alittle faster etc.
    Yeah, well I spent a good 20 minutes searching for whatever it is I'm looking for and I still didn't find it so I'll just wait until somebody finds if for me.

Does the level actually end?
    I'm at the area after the 3 robots down to the left where the 4 midwifes were in the roob with the 2 laptops.
    Is that it or am I missing something?

happy ancient

THANK YOU

Originally posted by gizban
    Does the level actually end?
    I'm at the area after the 3 robots down to the left where the 4 midwifes were in the roob with the 2 laptops.
    Is that it or am I missing something?
    I'm at the same place. I've been told to "look harder." And since I'm sick of "looking harder," I'm going to pass the "looking harder" onto you. Keep searching until you find how to get past that door and then tell me how to get past it. Thank you.

There is a button under one of the comp-pads

thanks a ton there Zygoptera. I could've spent days searching for that button the way it was hidden away.

I`d HIGHLY recommend running the batch file (ancient.bat) before you play it, so that the ending makes sense. Otherwise seeing the dieshodandie movie wont make the slightest bit of sense after the way it ends.

un-ancient.bat moves everything back into place once your finished with it.

So what was everyones opinions on the level and all?

the beginning is insanely difficult. Almost too difficult for me even on easy. And the elevator doesn't seem to exist in the room with the 4 laser turrets.

Nice level though, rather boxy at times, but it flows nicely.

Would have thought www.sshock2.com would have put a mention about it by now. Ah well.

The elevator wasn`t there at all? what the. Was there the million and one times I playtested it. Sometimes the elevators at the top rather than the bottom, but thats nothing that pushing the elevator button wont fix.

Originally posted by DarkViper
    So is it scary?
    I've still to play it, but I can tell you for a fact that you will be scared of it

God I need a sig quote

SShock2.com

Originally posted by icemann
    Would have thought www.sshock2.com would have put a mention about it by now. Ah well.
    I went to check just now, and apparently FB had posted a notice.
    Boing. Peng. Boom-Tschak. Peng.

System Shock 2 Walkthrough

The lift in the room with the 4 laser turrets doesn't exist at all for me either. I can't hear it or see it and the button does nothing.
    Is there a cheat that lets you fly or jump very high?

EDIT: You can't fly, but you can build stairs with summon_obj
    Last edited by gizban; 21st Nov 2002 at 18:29.

Thats very weird. I just tested it from start to finish on my computer both in dromed and through sshock2.exe and both get the elevator. Weird stuff.

The lift in the room with the 4 laser turrets doesn't exist at all for me either. I have tried to build stairs with Light Armor objects, but I keep falling down.

By the way, there is a new game out with a similar theme as systemshock2. It is called Run Like Hell or RLH for Playstation2. The reviews have been so-so. But I have tried it and I think the graphics are great and the story line and acting is great. Don't understand the professional reviewers... Reminds me a lot about Systemshock2. I found a link to their offical site
    http://www.interplay.com/rlh/

CCL_gamer, trying using ladders. so much easier. "summon_obj rick ladder 16" should be the magic words if I remember correctly

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast