TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Idea that would help n00bs

Idea that would help n00bs

I think that if Thievery had a compass simular to America's Army, it would be helpful for newbies who didnt know were the loot was. The compass could be used to show the general direction of loot or important objectives like it does for AA.

Here's another idea :

Play the level offline..... ghost the level and imagine your 'caseing' the place....

OR

Spectate other players.... like it or not we've all done it at some point at learnt something new from another player.

Theivery is quite a 'specilist' game, that does to some extent require previous experiance, whether that be in single player or just to have played to original theif games.

I think a compass as you've suggested is unessercery, and could become distracting. Think about it, in real life you don't have a sixth sense telling you where valuble objects are!.

Plus.. when all the maps are competed the loot will be shown on there!

Please don't take this like i'm shooting your idea down and mocking you, I'm just expressing my opinion on the matter.

I think it's a good idea to have some sort of a compass direct the players to the location of an objective (not counting loot). It often happens that a thief carrying an objective dies, dropping the objective in a place no other thief will ever find it, if this person fails to tell the other thieves where he dropped it, the game is as good as over.

I like this idea, and like ion says, it could also help out newbies a bit (they'd still have to learn the locations of the loot/keys/guards and all though).
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro..."

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
    I think it's a good idea to have some sort of a compass direct the players to the location of an objective (not counting loot). It often happens that a thief carrying an objective dies, dropping the objective in a place no other thief will ever find it, if this person fails to tell the other thieves where he dropped it, the game is as good as over.
    Actually Virus thats a good idea, when someboby drops the grail on spider it's quite difficult to find it if no-one tells you.

Originally posted by TheMachine
    Actually Virus thats a good idea, when someboby drops the grail on spider it's quite difficult to find it if no-one tells you.
    For the record, if I ever have objective items & then die, I always tell the rest of my team where I dropped them, before respawning as spectator. There are quite a few people who don't like this (naturally, they're all on the guards team), but I don't particularly care. I visualise it as kindof "dying words", & since the guards are gonna camp there anyway, its hardly gonna be discrete wherever they were dropped.

(I don't say anything else after that ingame, before you all start flaming)

Originally posted by The_Dan
    For the record, if I ever have objective items & then die, I always tell the rest of my team where I dropped them, before respawning as spectator. There are quite a few people who don't like this (naturally, they're all on the guards team), but I don't particularly care. I visualise it as kindof "dying words", & since the guards are gonna camp there anyway, its hardly gonna be discrete wherever they were dropped.

(I don't say anything else after that ingame, before you all start flaming)
    I've always felt that this was perfectly fair.

How about having key objectives show on the map for either team once their location is known?

Say if a thief is holding the grail his map icon has a grail next to it and if he dies the grail stays on the map. To balance it a little it could also appear on the guards map if they frobbed it, or even better if human or ai 'saw' it (although that may be resource heavy, i dunno).

It might be good also to have the guards location of an objective its last know location and it dissappear from the map it is moved (ie the thieves took it) and a guard sees it is no longer there....
    Last edited by Chainsaws; 1st Dec 2002 at 08:33.
    www.chainsawdeath.co.uk - The Ultimate Thievery Fan Site