TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lord Ashton Series FM 7: A Winter's Night (Dec 14, 2002)

Lord Ashton Series FM 7: A Winter's Night (Dec 14, 2002)

I am trying to find all the loot in "A Winter's Night". I'm missing 50 in loot. It's not a pick-pocket. Does anyone know where it could be? It has to be pretty darn hidden because I've spent over an hour looking. I've looked almost everywhere, window sills, secret areas, little nooks and crannys, etc. I'm about to whip out my fire arrows and play Pyromaniac in the bar I'm so mad.

Download at Thiefmissions.com
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 12th Jun 2012 at 11:07. Reason: added download link

I've got a loot list made up for this one, Danventry. Do you want a copy of it? There's a lot of things worth 50g. in this mission. One thing you MAY have missed is
    spoiler:
    in the vacant building where you go to finish the mission. There are two coinstacks, worth 50g., under the table, on the lower floor.

Also:

spoiler:
    There is a mask at the top of the the cavern that leads to the demon room. You can get it by using a speed potion to climb up the slope of the cavern and get to the mask. Be sure to get the two silver nuggets as the bottom of the cavern as well.

Vigo,

You're thinking of "A Winter's Eve" in Calendra's Legacy.

Oops!

That's okay Virgo. Nightwalker: No thanks, I'm trying to find all the loot on easy so I can get it all on Expert to Perfect Thief it. And we know walkthoughs /loot lists aren't allowed. I have those coins. I was thinking... There's an unfrobbable gold mask in one house. Would it be loot, but unfrobbable due to an error by the author? So you can't take it, but it still counts as $ in the total count?

*bump*

Nope, it's not that. All the loot is available. I can confirm that, because I've found it all, but it wasn't easy! Did you move the boxes under one set of outdoor steps and find the coins underneath? How about the coins lying on the floor in the closet under the stairs in the Jeweller's building? In the kitchen of the Jeweller's, there's a spice bag, worth 40g. and a plate worth 10g. Did you find those coinstacks in the vacant house that I mentioned before?

Yep, got all that. Is there anything else?

In the house where you find the weapons stash, there's some coins sitting on the edge of a bookcase, in the office. They're worth 40g. Did you find them?

In the house across the courtyard from that house, there's a mask in an upstairs room, worth 50g. There are tons of other small things that are worth 50g. or less, so short of recopying a large portion of the loot list here, I don't know what else I can do, other than suggest perhaps you restart the mission? Sometimes that works for me. I start again, right from the beginning, searching carefully and find things I missed the first time around.

That's the mask I'm talking about! I can't seem to frob it! I knew it was worth money, I just thought that it was unfrobbable. Do you have to get extra extra close or something? I've stood right next to it, jumped, and still can't frob it!

I just stood in front of the fireplace, jumped up and frobbed it while I was mid-air. Maybe you've hit some kind of weird bug? You may find you can pick it up when you're ghosting it, if that's the problem. Sometimes, things like that disappear on another run-through, though not always, of course.

Try a running jump. That works for me sometimes. I'm 50 short of total loot for this mission, but that's close enough for me. There is a vase just inside the Jewller's house, on the top shelf amongst a lot of frobbable goodies. I keep jumping up at it, thinking it will light up so I can grab it, but I don't think it's worth anything.

Nope, that kind of vase is almost always worthless (unless the author chooses it to be loot, which they don't since it's as big a Garrett). Hmmm... Well, I'll run through that upper level of the house while I'm ghosting. So far, I'm doing pretty well for ghosting the Jeweler's. But I think I might want to restart since I've used one or two moss arrows than I should. To get around, you have to jump. I don't think it's possible to Perfect it anyways. There are two bright, tiled rooms connecting to the main room. These are both patrolled through (one by a guard, one by the jeweler) and each have loot. The Jeweler and the gaurd both patrol through the main room. Never do they face away from the rooms long enough for one to enter. Even if they did, you'd have to run to get the loot and hide again. But there's tile. I guess it's not possible. Oh well, I like to just Ghost. But... Well, in the main room is the stairs to the upper level (which is like a balcony really). Both patroll there too. Both are bright. One has an objective in it... I'm going to have to run PRETTY fast to get anywhere...

where is weapon's cache in A Winter's Night?

I've done everything in this mission except find the weapons cache. I even found the jewel. I guess I really didn't need any weapons but it is one of the requirements to finish the mission on normal level. Where are they?

spoiler:
    There's a building right beside your start position that has stairs up to an outside balcony that runs along the front of the building. Look in there.

Ok, I'm an idiot tonight. I searched all of the outside balconies where I originally started and I still can't seem to find the cache. I have my sword though. Also, after I finally find the weapons cache, where is the refuge?

It's not on the balcony just IN the building with that balcony running along it. Check
    spoiler:
    for a coathook you can frob

The refuge is
    spoiler:
    at the far end of the town, almost, from where you start. There's a note posted beside the door that says something about it being unoccupied, I think.

Does anyone know if the refuge objective is a 'final' objective?

I found it before completing the 'weapons cache' objective and Garrett says:
    "This is a snug place", but the objective has not checked off (yet).

Lovely mission, I like the snow.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links

Zaccheus' hospital blog

LOL Zaccheus...when I played that mission, I found that place early on...but doesn't hurt the outcome...the only requirement is that after you complete all other objectives, you need to go back there and go inside..Then the mission will end How bout that, I was finally able to help someone and not have to say "wait for Nightwalker" LOL Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

Thanks Huntress.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links

Zaccheus' hospital blog

A Winter's Night - Loot missing despite loot list

Hi,

I am just playing the Lord Ashton Series and have nearly completed A Winter's Night. Unfortunately, i am still missing 50 loot. I used Nightwalkers loot list that is linked on Christine's webpage, but even using that list I wasn't able to find the missing loot.

I know that it is rather difficult to identify missing loot without any further information, especially with an amout like 50 that is VERY common, but still:

maybe anyone had the same problem? or maybe one of the entries in the loot list is not very specific and someone noticed that? or maybe there are different versions of the FM?

anyways, if anyone had a hint for me, I would greatly appreciate it. Leaving a mission without all the loot always gives me such a bad conscience

Regards,
    rh

Skip it

I suggest playing it again and make your own loot list as you go. That´s how I do it when I really want to find it all. Make detailed notes about where things are and their value. After you´re done, compare your list with Nightwalker´s and check off each entry on the lists that match, both in value and location.

That should solve it.

If there's an error on the list and you find it, I'd really appreciate it if you let me know so I can fix it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast