TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TG FM, Mr. Chuz - 23/01/2003

TG FM, Mr. Chuz - 23/01/2003

I have made my first fm and you can download it here if you want.

It's for thiefgold, so if you own only tdp you need the thiefgoldpatch.
    And with this i would like to take the oppurtunity to say thanks to:

Eshaktaar, Silent_Warrior, Deadman and Nightwalker for betatesting it.

You all have given me great ideas and suggestion to make it better.
    Without you all it would have been a buggy one.
    Still there is one BIG bug in it, but i am not competent enough to fixed that one.

I hope everyone likes playing it.

Azrarhn

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your release and say I was glad to beta it and help you with your books I hope I was as helpful as you required (I'm sorry to hear you couldn't get that last bug fixed though) Everyone go and download this now, it's a very good first FM!

deadman.
    "I cannot see anything admirable in stupidity, injustice and sheer incompetence in high places, and there is too much of all three in the present administration." -M.M.Kaye, The Far Pavilions

This is a very nice, fun to play first mission and it was a pleasure to help by betatesting it.

Don't let her reference to a BIG bug put you off. It's nothing that's going to mess with your computer. Just make sure you save often and don't just use quicksave. There is a small problem with the objectives not ticking off sometimes, for some unknown reason. So if that happens, you need to be able to go back to a save before that point and try again. They do check off, just not every time. I know you'll enjoy playing this. Thanks for the great mission, azrarhn!

Thiefmissions.com

- J<

I will take your word for it, Deadman! dling now.
    The problem is choice...

Thanks Deadman and Nightwalker for your kind words.

And epithumia for hosting it.

Indeed it was a pleasure to betatest your mission, Azrarhn!

Make sure you download this one, folks! It's got some really nice visual effects and a creepy storyline.

And now lemme play that mission again... I still have to
    spoiler:
    find that gas arrow!

I want to join in congratulating. This is a good mission and I enjoyed it. Good job!

I am enjoying this one, but I think I found the bug. Its the obj not ticking off isn't it? I don't really mind, this fm is creepy like Constantine's Mansion was creepy. Things look so ordinary on the front of things until you dig a little deeper. The
    spoiler:
    blood and the note in the upstairs bedroom was a nice touch!
    I haven't finished this one yet, but will keep trying.
    The problem is choice...

ok I am stuck. Where's the sewer grate? (way out)
    The problem is choice...

I am glad you enjoy it Sap'em

spoiler:
    In the scroll from the key keeper is a clue where you can find the sewergrate

for the exact point

spoiler:
    the wayout is in the water in the second garden

And you are right the bug is in the objectives sometimes not checking off.
    I staid that also in the info file and in the objectives screen.

So if you have all the objectives and you where allready at the sewergrate and the mission does not end i suggest to save it. Load it again and go there. It should tick off eventualy. sorry

I reloaded at the sewer grate, but I had the first obj still to check off (I have
    spoiler:
    a red book in my inventory from Mr. Chuz's room)
    I did the ol shift-ctrl-end thing. It is very good mission with an excellent atmosphere! I look forward to seeing more of your work.
    The problem is choice...

Magic book?

I must be blind but I can't find the magic book found everything else...any clues?
    thanks

Maloo, when you're in Mr. Chuz' room, where you found his notes, go out the other door and down the hallway to the far end. There's a door you can pick that opens into a room with a mage standing in it. Go through that room, into the Library and through the door under the stairs. Ride the cloud elevator up, follow the "skywalk" to the blue chest, get the rope arrow, go back to a spot where you can jump over to a set of spiral steps, climb the steps to the very top, then look over your head. There's wood you can rope arrow into. Once you get up here, you'll find access to an area full of undead. Go to the central courtyard and the Book of Magic is floating in mid-air above a lava pit. Stand on the tip of one of the pointy bits of floor, lean in and grab the Book. Save before you try to take it in case the objective doesn't tick off. If it doesn't, just reload and try again until it does.

its a great feeling isnt it azarhn, releasing your first fan mission. congradulations. sit back and smile, you just released a thief fan mission! congradulations.

glad to see someone else is using the thief gold editor besides me still although mine is coming to an end so very shortly we've had a serious lack of fms released lately, and now theyre all going to come out at once ha!

Yes you're right, it is a great feeling. I'm smiling whole day long.
    I just hope everybode likes playing it.

Yours is allmost done. so i presume that's for the contest. Good luck. (offcourse everybody else too)

Azrarhn,
    you have done very well in your first mission. It was a pleasure to beta test it.

Originally posted by azrarhn
    Yes you're right, it is a great feeling. I'm smiling whole day long.
    I just hope everybode likes playing it.

Yours is allmost done. so i presume that's for the contest. Good luck. (offcourse everybody else too)
    chuckles to himself..no, not for the contest. i think mines a little bit too big for that

actually its part 2 of hells motel, its for thief gold like yours. i just happen to be finishing up on it around the same time as the contest 4 authors are finishing up the contest missions

the origional start date for this fm idea was in july of 2001, so its been a looong journey...and still isnt quite the way i wanted it to be. oh well.

Mr Chuz

We have everything checked off except getting out through the sewers but have a couple questions. There were some doors that we could not open because we couldn't find any keys for them. Is there anything to be done with the magic portal? How about the woman in the water (cocoon)? And the most important question; how do we get out? We are in the second garden and have searched the waterway for the grate but nothing lights up on either end and none of the keys work. Did we miss a key or something?

Lynx67, the exit is
    spoiler:
    through the waterway in the garden, near the table with the trickster book on it.

You don't need to open the grate. If the objective doesn't tick off when you're staying there for a few seconds, it's probably because of the mission's small bug.

actually its part 2 of hells motel, its for thief gold like yours. i just happen to be finishing up on it around the same time as the contest 4 authors are finishing up the contest missions
    aah part 2, i am sure it's great. If you're still in need of a betatester, i folunteer.

We have everything checked off except getting out through the sewers but have a couple questions. There were some doors that we could not open because we couldn't find any keys for them. Is there anything to be done with the magic portal? How about the woman in the water (cocoon)?
    For every door who is locked is a key to open it or you can open it by a lockpick. Can you be more specific about what door?
    Grate's however not.

spoiler:
    There can be done nothing with the magic portal, in the personal notes of Mr. Chuz state why.

spoiler:
    The woman in the water is Mr. Chuz's wife and therefore dead, this is also explained in the personal notes.

Everybody, thanks for the great reply

Distant Quasar

Someone took me tables!!!

Nice mission...still looking for the book of magic, but I like your use of shadows and some challenging guard placement. Something weird is occuring as I play...a lot of the tables in the mission are invisible. It appears that they are not being rendered. They are still physically in the right spot (I cannot move through the area where I should see them). I took a screenshot...

Where are me tables?

Has anyone else seen this? It's no big deal...probably one of those weird DromEd artifacts that pop up every now and then. I hope you'll be doing more missions in the future!
    - eep!

Looks really weird. Though I had been betatesting this mission I never encountered this phenomenon. Could be something machine specific. Have you seen this visual bug in any other mission before?

LOL! Very strange, eepcat! They were definitely all present and accounted for every time I played through.

Distant Quasar
    No, I have not seen this in other missions. Interestingly, it's only the large wooden table object that is invisible. Other tables like plant stands, small desks, etc, are fine. Maybe Garrett ate a bat light mush early on in the mission.
    - eep!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast