TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Enemies You Want?

New Enemies You Want?

What kinds of new (Or maybe even from previous games) would you like to see? I wanna see guard dogs! 3x hearing compared to guards, and can track you better. Plus they're 2x as fast as guards. That'd be interesting.

I'd like to see some un-blackjackable guards...I think there were supposed to be some in Thief 2, although I barely remember seeing them at all (if they even existed? ) Looks like we'll get some in Thief 3, though, judging by that screenshot of the hammerite/guard/whatever with the enormous helmet

Bah. No enemies at all. Nothing should get in your way in thief 3. That's why I hated the first two : There were guards!

No really, guard dogs aren't that bad of an idea, but I don't know if they would fit in the atmosphere. I'd just like to see well... maybe these aren't really opponents, but I think pets would be nice. You'd have to watch your step for any cat tails.

And yes - There were unblackjackable guards in thief 2. If you hit them with the blackjack it made a big CLANG!

i don't think dogs fit in the thief-world...if you like dogs play Splinter Cell

Supposedly there will be cats, though (according to DN)...so who knows; maybe the guards will be leading these supposed "cats" around on leashes, leaving them to sniff out and viciously attack the unwary thief

Well, I suppose they truly aren't thief-like, but maybe a few in the whole game, not as regular enemies. Like, some noble's pet that can hear you while you break in or something. Maybe... 3 in the entire game. I think that could add some spice.

Well, an old PC Gamer UK preview mentioned guard dogs, but then it all went silent...

Personally, I'm looking forward to meeting the Keeper Assasins!

BANNED
    It doesn't matter what we want now, the content is already set in stone.
    Maybe you should have named the thread 'New enemies you anticipate?'
    A bunch of silly creatures by the looks of things.

I liked the Mechanist cameras in Thief 2. Shame there won't be any mechanical opponents in Thief 3.

A prison-style search light in certain missions would go down well with me. Youd have to watch the spot and avoid its path. Of course, if you get seen, the searchlight could well illuminate you completely unless you get out of its field.

Originally posted by Runner17
    Supposedly there will be cats, though (according to DN)...so who knows; maybe the guards will be leading these supposed "cats" around on leashes, leaving them to sniff out and viciously attack the unwary thief
    Or maybe you accidentally steal it, and find out halfway back to your hideout, where it scratches you up, leaving you bleeding. *Cough*

Would be a nice touch if Garrett had a cat in his loft

That's how I picture Garrett in his old age..........a guy with too many cats....
    What the HELL are you doin????....

What about guards on horses?

Horses would be rather too big...

BANNED
    what about stormtroopers on motorbikes

Originally posted by van HellSing
    Horses would be rather too big...
    It's still a cool idea! Or maybe just horses in stables that whinney when they see you alerting a stableboy who freaks out at the sight of you and runs to tell a guard! How cool would that be?
    Stoked with fuel,
    We do the Builder's work.

I think they should have a fly-man. I mean what would fit better in the Thief world? They could vomit digestive acid at you.
    Signed,
    Richard M. Nixon.

Originally posted by BlackThief
    if you like dogs play Splinter Cell
    Those dogs had magic noses. When you cut of your scent trail by wading in water, they'd immediately stop looking for you. But if you left the water on the other side, the dogs immediately found a trail that, although not of your making, always lead to you.

They had guard dogs, they were just a very fat, stinky-breathed breed called burricks.

Here's a scary thought:

Imagine Silent Hill monsters in Thief............................ you'd be walking along, when all of a sudden, your eye starts to make fuzzy noises and BOOYAH! Pyramid head at 2' O clock!!!!!!!!!!!

*screams and runs away*

Quite simply:

WW2 Wehrmacht troops on a motorcycle/sidecar combo, preferrably with an Mg34 mounted gun on said sidecar.

The ultimate enemies*!!!!!

*according to Hollywood WW2 movies

Personally, I'm glad there won't be any mechanical opponents in T3. Dumbest thing they ever did to the series, IMO.

It wasn't dumb, it fit well with the Thief's world and theology. Really, you cannot have a society using machines and whatnot as Thief clearly does (and I'm not just referring to T2) without it being logical that some forms of offensive/defense mechanized items would be created. Btw, it's not a medieval setting for anyone's who's ever said that... one of the things that makes Thief quite unique!!

Let's not get into realistic technological advancement, however. I always had issues with how machines and suchlike are used for some purposes while the guards are still running around with big hammers and Garrett's got that clunky bow strapped to his back.

Back to the subject: how about some birds? Big black birds, little yellow birds, annoying medium-sized cooing birds that make a fuss if you get too close unless you feed them bread crumbs stolen from the kitchen just for this cunning purpose!

No, more off-topic ranting!
    I'm telling you people, you can KO the un-blackjackable guards quite easily! Simply hold button 1 down, crouch, and release right into their crotch! That will make anyone go down in a heap

Imagine Silent Hill monsters in Thief
    According to the german PCGames magazine, we'll be seeing "3 metre tall slime monsters that probably spend their vacation in Silent Hill"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast