TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No More Clients For Monty (Contest 4 Mission)

No More Clients For Monty (Contest 4 Mission)

ok i found a few things :

spoiler:
    the key in the podium, the box in the "Probate" bookcase, the secret behind a painting and the switch there to another behind another painting and the lock in there. the safe key does not work o nthe purple box nor the lock inside the wall behind the paitning

where can i find the key i need?

puzzle quest

found it:

spoiler:
    The Safe key goes to a safe (which looks huge in these tiny rooms) right out in the open, but not in the room with the secret paintings. The purple box on the bottom floor has the key that works in the lock box on the top floor (Secret Key), but the key to the purple box (Probation Key) is hidden behind the small painting in the secret paintings room on the top floor (whee!).

There's a button in one of the wall lights in the room with the secret paintings. Stands out if you're looking right at it, but can be missed because I don't ever think to look at light fixtures (except maybe unlit torches).

Very easy mission if you get rid of both gaurds immediately. Might be more interesting if you try to ghost it, but it's still not much of a challenge since every light can be turned off.

There's a bug with objectives though:

spoiler:
    Getting the blue Byzantine diamond automatically finishes the last objective as well, so you don't have to get out of the building to complete the mission.

Absolutely tiny mission. Even if the two gaurds aren't blackjacked, still only takes a few minutes.
    Last edited by Duodecimal; 30th Jan 2003 at 11:57.

thanks for the help i foudn the keys and got the blue diamond but
    the objective to the the diamond didnt tick off
    and i still cant find the safe,

thats whut i get for taffin on no sleep

Komag's posted an updated file for this mission:

http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com

Just spent 8 minutes on it and completed the mission. The diamond objective actually shows up as completed now (instead of failed like it did before (?)), but it still ends the mission without having to leave through the front door (though I did open and enter the front entrance as soon as I got out of the pantry to drop the key in there (for no reason other than to not have to tab through another key)).

Here's the fixes from the text file:

spoiler:

=============================================================
    * UPDATES *

From 0.52 to 0.53 (20030129):

- fixed bugs in Objectives
    - fixed light switch on 2nd floor (Monty's meeting room ceiling lamps)
    - fixed ambient sound radius (too small to activate environment in 0.52)
    - fixed inability to complete Byzanti Diamond objective (can't target loot)
    - fixed objective text to reflect 2500 less loot due to the above

=============================================================

Obviously not everything was really fixed.

C4: No More clients for Monty key?

I am having trouble finding one (maybe two keys) and would appreciate some help

spoiler:
    There is a lock inside one of the rooms behind the paintings that I cannot open. There is also a box hidden at the bottom of one of the bookcases.

I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those things that I wind up kicking myself for, but spoil me anyway.

Sneaky1Kenobi
    Doomed, you might want to check the other thread about this mission as it has a lot of information about the things you need. I think I remember
    spoiler:
    there being a hard to find switch on a light?? (trying to remember off the top of my head) In the room with the lockbox behind the painting I think (??)

D'oh!

I knew that this mission was fairly new and didn't see any mention of it on the first page, so I didn't use the search function. Next time I will know better (Search is my friend).

Thanks for the info.
    "I laugh in the face of danger...then I hide until it goes away"--Xander

c4 Mission: No More Clients for Monty

I'm playing this FM and I think I've hit a bug that may prevent me from finishing it. So I'd like to know if anyone else has run into this, or knows what's going on with this.

On the second floor, there's a room with some green plants in an L shaped planter. There's also 3 lights above to illuminate the plants. There's also a desk in this room. I hope I've described the room well enough so you which room I'm talking about.

Now here's the problem
    spoiler:
    Hidden amongst the green plants is a frobbable switch. It's really just a red button that has to be pushed. When I try and push it, nothing happens. I don't hear any sounds, nor do I find anything different. Is this a bug, and the switch really isn't working, or is it doing something and I just haven't found it?

So does anyone know what's,going on here?

That won't stop you from finishing the mission. If you watch when you push the button, the lights in the garden slowly go off (or on) after you push it. That seems to be all it does. What are you stuck on?

Hi Nightwalker,

Well, if that button doesn't matter, then I think my problem is I need to find a 3rd key. I have 2 so far, the front door key, and the safe key. I have found the big green safe and opened it. But now I'm up in one of the 3rd floor rooms. There's a painting that gets moved with a lever near a desk, and then in that secret room is another lever, that moves a second painting. Inside that secret room, is a gold treasure chest, and a lock. The lock can't be picked open, so I assume I need a key. I don't know where else to look for that key? As far as the objectives go, I need to find the Byzanti Diamond. I'm playing on easy, so I have the loot objective taken care of. I'm assuming I need to open that lock if I want to make progress in finding the diamond.

Btw, now that you told me what that button does, I see it does turn those lights on and off. Thanks.

You've missed one hidden switch. It's on the light fixture in the room with all the paintings. It's quite hard to spot. That will get you the key to a cash box that is downstairs, in a little hole in the end of the Probate bookcase in the Library. You'll find the key in there to the lockbox you found in the secret upstairs.

There is an irritating bug with this mission, though - you don't need to complete the final objective. The mission completes after you grab the diamond, so getting out through the front door is impossible.

The author seemed more fixated on making every light in the mission switchable than making sure the goals worked correctly.

Thanks Nightwalker,

I have now finished this mission.

spoiler:
    I have to admit that I would have never found that cubby hole in the library if you hadn't of told me. Even after you did tell me, I still couldn't find it. I almost had to post back to ask you exactly where it was.
    But I finally found it.

I was looking at the voting page for these missions, and I don't really know how to judge them on the criteria specified. All I can do is to say which ones I enjoyed, and which I didn't. So, I guess I can't use that page. So far, my favorite is still "Unfortunate Formula".

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Komag will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have to use that page, or at least vote according to the format setup on that page and all the categories, if you want your votes to be counted. I don't know his policy on partial votes, but I'm not sure he'll be able to handle a simple list of the submissions you liked and disliked without a categorical breakdown.

But I could be wrong...

Monty

I have the key from the Probate bookcase and used it. What did it open? I can hear a rumbling but can't find the diamond. Help please!

The pedestal out in the main room moves aside and there's a hole under it.

Monty

Boy, do I feel dumb. I had thrown the flower pot over by the pedestal and it blocked it from moving. I bet we searched for almost an hour trying to find something that had moved. I picked up the flower pot and.......

LOL! That would be confusing!

How do you all know which is the probate bookcase? I see the gold plates that highlight at the top of each bookcase but the wording is not showing up on my screen. Are the plates supposed to be giving you the names of the bookcases? If so, I have another quirk here and need to know which bookcase is the probate one. Thanks.

Yes, the word should show up at the top of your screen when you read the plaque. Go into that room through the door from the room with all the little tables with lamps on them. The bookcase you want if the one directly across the room from that door.

Thanks, Nightwalker. I just found it by slowly going over every square inch of the room. I would like to hear from anyone else who is experiencing the same glitches I am on some of these missions. Would like to know how to resolve them.

Did you install the patch? That might fix some of it, though I can't say for sure.

Where do I get the patch?

There's a link to the patch in the FAQ thread at the top of the forum.

Actually, the problem the new version of the mission was supposed to fix was with the objectives, which, to this day, are still not working as intended (but at least you can Success now).

The plaques sometimes to be extra-sensitive in terms of how precise you need to click them. Since I didn't use a strings file for the plaques, I can't remember if there's a gaylesaver script being used or just a regular property. I'll have to open it up in dromed to tell, but can't get at it at present.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast