TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No More Clients For Monty (Contest 4 Mission)

I am v cross because i cant find the out what the "secrate key" does also does the clock face on floor 2 open?

spoiler:
    i have found the switch that opens safe

The clock has no function beyond decoration.

spoiler:
    The Secret key goes to a lockbox up near the wall in the second secret room.

More or less complete guide:

KEYS

spoiler:
    Probate Key - found behind the small painting in the third floor office with three paintings and a pedestal. Opens the coin box containing the Probate Key. Revealed by the button hidden one of the two wall lights.

Safe Key - found under the lectern in the first floor class lecture hall. Goes to the safe in the third floor office with ... the big green safe.

Secret Key - found in a small coinbox hidden in the side of the Probate book case in the first floor library.

Front Door Key - unlocks the front door; would be necessary if I was competent and wrote the Objectives correctly.

LOOT

spoiler:
    - coins on a table in the first floor study hall, diagonal from the lit desk

- a mask, precursor artifact, and a statuette hidden inside the blue/white vase in Moore's second floor office

- wine bottle and golden cup in Benson's third floor office

- gold in the Safe in Goode's third floor private office

- a pair of glasses and dice in Willim's third floor office

- various items in the first secret room in Moore's private third floor office

- gold in a chest in the second secret room in Moore's private third floor office

- the Byzanti Diamond hidden in a room between the walls of the second floor accessible from Monty's private third floor office

SECRET ROOMS

spoiler:
    1st Room - opened via lever besides Monty's desk in his 3rd floor private office. Entrance is behind the painting next to the doorway.

2nd Room - opened via lever inside the 1st secret room, near the ceiling. Entrance is behind a painting on the wall opposite the button-light.

3rd Room - opened via lockbox inside the 2nd secret room, near the ceiling. Entrance is under the pedestal.

re-playing all the old contest fms and I STILL can't find the taffin safe! I know it's "Big and Green" but I've looked everywhere, in every office. My friend is sitting here by me, and she usually sees stuff before I do, and even she doesn't see it. Playing the updated version, on expert. please help

I suspect you're overlooking a staircase. There are 2 and they don't lead to the same place.

thanks NW!!! totally didn't investigate there

Archivist
    Not a spectacular mission. No variation in area's whatsoever, except for interior. I had a bit of a symetric feeling when walking around the place.
    The lightning and different kind of lamps is what I liked most. Nice work.

Story is another strong point. Fun to see this mission going into law. Learned terms like Barrister, Solicitor and Litigation at school recently .

Pity that the only challenge is finding some keys. It took me much longer (53 minutes) to complete then I liked to for such a small mission.
    That lamp button is too well hidden At least I found all loot.

What happened with the updated version (0.53)?
    If it was available from The Keep, it is gone now. And the other fm archives don't have it either.
    Last edited by The Phantom; 29th Mar 2008 at 18:40.

I've uploaded 0.53 to one of my websites.

NMCFM 0.53

I'm amazed it's still drawing attention.

Archivist
    Hey, nice to see you drop by again.

Thanks for the link . I'll give it another go.

Keeper of FMs
    Mirrors for The Circle & Darklurker:
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=547

And some of us are still getting very stuck. Even with clear directions.

*leaving a trail of breadcrumbs and a nice bottle*

Not for you, that's for sure. I wouldn't leave you a trail of breadcrumbs if my life depended on it - that botttle sounds good though. Now, stop hijacking threads.

I finished it Ok? And for a very small size, it's really quite tricky - but fun. I didn't see the various staircases until I was pointed in that direction.

Courtesy Glypher, dml to fix sudden ending of this fun little contest mission. Without the dml the mission finishes the moment you have completed all of your objectives, now you have to 'Get Out' as required by the goal.

Code:
    DML1
    //T2 FM: No More Clients for Monty (Contest 4) by Duodecimal / Fixes: miss20.mis.dml

#script "nvscript"

//final goal
    Create -2086 "GoalFix"
    {
       +ObjProp "DesignNote"
       {
          "" NVLinkBuilderLinkType="ControlDevice"; NVLinkBuilderLinkSource="[Me]"; NVLinkBuilderLinkDest=138
       }
       -ObjProp "PhysType"
       +ObjProp "Position"
       {
          "Location" 91.4, 125.6, 69.6
       }
       +ObjProp "PhysType"
       {
          "Type" OBB
       }
       +ObjProp "Scripts"
       {
          "Script 0" TrigOBBPlayer
          "Script 1" NVLinkBuilder
          "Don't Inherit" true
       }
    }
    +ObjProp 137 "DiffTurnOn"
    {
       "quest var values" 0, 1, 2
    }
    +ObjProp 137 "Scripts"
    {
       "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 137 "TrapQVar"
    {
       "" =426:goal_target_3
    }
    +Link 138 "GoalFix" "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 138 "TrapFlags"
    {
       "" NoOff
    }
    +ObjProp 138 "Scripts"
    {
       "Script 0" TrapNonFinalComplete
       "Script 1" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 138 "TrapQVar"
    {
       "" =1:goal_state_3
    }

//doors
    +Receptron 14 "WeaponStim"
    {
       Min None
       Max None
       Effect "Abort"
    }
    -ObjProp 82 "JointPos"
    +Receptron 82 "WeaponStim"
    {
       Min None
       Max None
       Effect "Abort"
    }

//paintings
    +ObjProp 276 "BlockFrob"
    {
       "" true
    }
    +ObjProp 282 "BlockFrob"
    {
       "" true
    }

//quest items
    +ObjProp 343 "NoDrop"
    {
       "" true
    }
    +ObjProp 415 "NoDrop"
    {
       "" true
    }
    Last edited by fortuni; 5th Sep 2021 at 12:15.

Well, I read through the thread but cannot find the diamond.. I think all else (evidence, loot) is done. Playing on expert.

note: I just love these small but very atmospheric, cleverly designed missions from the golden age of T2 fan missions.

Oh yes, that diamond is well hidden.

First, you need to find some keys. There is a room with lots of secret doors and stuff like that. At a desk, there is a switch or lever you need to use. A painting or picture slides aside and reveals a switch, which moves another painting out of the way. A chest and a lock are revealed.

But there is also yet another thing in the room before chest and lock. Near one of the lamps above the player, there is a button, and if you press it, a cache in the wall is opened, containing a key. The key, however, does not open the lock near the chest.

Instead, you have to head for a library somewhere in the house, and crouch. Look around to the right of the bookcases; a barely visible metal box should linger there. Opening the box yields another key, and that is the one which opens the lock near the chest in the other room. Once you do that, yet another secret door or compartment in the room with the two movable pictures will open (a socket of something slides aside), and then you may finally lay your greedy hands on the gemstone you want to steal.

Whew. Saved me from trying to figure out how to get darkloader to work after all these years (since I'd have to replay it myself to remember). Thanks Baeuchlein.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    Oh yes, that diamond is well hidden.

First, you need to find some keys. There is a room with lots of secret doors and stuff like that. At a desk, there is a switch or lever you need to use. A painting or picture slides aside and reveals a switch, which moves another painting out of the way. A chest and a lock are revealed.

But there is also yet another thing in the room before chest and lock. Near one of the lamps above the player, there is a button, and if you press it, a cache in the wall is opened, containing a key. The key, however, does not open the lock near the chest.

Instead, you have to head for a library somewhere in the house, and crouch. Look around to the right of the bookcases; a barely visible metal box should linger there. Opening the box yields another key, and that is the one which opens the lock near the chest in the other room. Once you do that, yet another secret door or compartment in the room with the two movable pictures will open (a socket of something slides aside), and then you may finally lay your greedy hands on the gemstone you want to steal.
    "which opens the lock near the chest in the other room" -> I've got the Probate key from the library, but which other room is the chest in? Thank you

The "other room" with the chest in it should be one which has lots of secret doors and the like, at least two paintings, a desk with a switch and several lamps above the player, also with one button nearby. I cannot tell you more about this room because I played this mission several years ago and mainly rely on my notes from that time. I also currently don't have the time to play the mission again and look for that room. Please try to find it based on the description in the spoiler.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12