TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: dead mission

dead mission

I've had this dead mission lying about for a while with absolutely no intention of finishing it so I thought I'd set it free, as it were. It's designed with custom textures in mind so it probably looks a bit strange with default textures. You can't have said textures because I'm wicked and cruel. That and I couldn't be bothered uploading them.

If anyone is interested, I'd probably be willing to let them use it as a base to build from, as releasing an unfinished FM would be somewhat pointless otherwise.

It's for T2 1.18, standard dark.gam etc. Not DL compatible, Dromed required.

Clicky.

Anyone else got any stillborn FMs that are worth sharing?

yes. But i'm patching mine up and releasing..(maybe )

Well..it's hellishly dark..what with bugger all lights and all i had to Alt-6 to see anything, but it's a good start..reminds me of bits of Escape, bits of Assassins (not so much though), and strangely enough bits of Just For Show.

Re: dead mission

Sounds quite interesting, I'll take a look when I have the time. Maybe I can clean something for my own twisted ends

Originally posted by Tumbleweed
    Anyone else got any stillborn FMs that are worth sharing?
    Possibly, depending on how long it takes to complete my current project.

About the dark, the streets really need the additional light of the windows that never got added. Even with my intimate knowledge of the layout, I'd be walking into things. That and it's probably a paranoid over-compensation for the light flooded streets in JFS.

Well yeah..i really meant the edges of the map where you haven't even begun lighting, you could have thrown in a coupla Lamposts..the middle part was about right though, imo.
    Is this particular mission abandoned, or are you done DromEdin' for the moment? (Just curious, as i thought you were doing stuff for T2X?)

Taking a break
    While going through the zip file, I did find some custom textures.
    If you dont mind, I'd like to use some of them.
    BTW-Great Architecture!

Most of those textures are by Undule
    http://www.planetunreal.com/undulation/

EDIT: i've tried emailing undule a couple of times and the address given on that site always bounces it straight back. Anyone else know a vaild email for him?

Taking a break
    Just checked out Undulation's site
    and it said

to encourage the use of my textures, I give mapmakers and modmakers free reign to extract individual textures and use them according to their whim, divorced from their parent packs.
    I guess that means yes! If I do use it, I'll give him credit in the .txt.

Wow, those textures were in there. I thought they were in a seperate zip, my bad.

Yeah, those are Undule's textures (the same that Purah used in CL). I got them from zacharias and added a few more from the Maggot and Gnosis packs. I actually had a lot made but I accidentally deleted the folder and I never got around to rebuilding it to the same extent.

As for the state of the mission, the sudden horror that I'd eventually have to roombrush the fucker made me give up and concentrate on a different style of building. I very briefly worked on a T2x mission but couldn't mantain interest in it. I'm not sure if somebody else carried on with it or not.