TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213

Thread: Relic - Left for Dead Mar. 21/03

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett's Shadow View Post
    those were just comments, now I got a question!

Where do I put the stolen gold hammer?

Also - I checked the walkthrough - no help on this location -
    just a mention that on "expert" difficulty you can get the objective
    to put the item in the Hammers outgoing shipment, but not where that is!
    AND - I am playing on "Hard" not "Expert" but it gave me the objective!!!
    Glad you're having fun GS.

Maybe I should have someone 'patch' it for me maybe just have thieves in an old keepers keep. Obviously there are things I didn't think out very well. (The dragon fly obj bug is glitchy too)
    Never thought about the zombies thing either

The Hammer should go on the crates in the back cave. The crates with hammer stuff on 'em (not the mech stuff).

I think that objective just appears IF you find the hammer. It's been so long I forgot there was even a hammer in the mission, lol.

Cool!

Ok - I will try putting the item there then! THANX!

It's ok bout the non keeper-ish keepers - I am just considering them as
    a group of keepers that went Garret's route instead of towing the keeper line!
    ( but without Garret's heart!)

And the zombs - well - I may be a skelly but they can prolly still smell the stink of life on me!

btw - I did miss one of the vine jumps!
    so that jump was less Tarzan and more:
    "George George George of the jungle, watch out for that TREEEE!"

And Elizabeth aint gonna be happy when she wakes up! I put her on Thomas's bed and THEN dropped his dead body on top of her!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 18th Feb 2011 at 15:09.
    To thieve or not to thieve?
    Oh hell, that aint even a question!

I just played this FM for the first time and really enjoyed it. However I was surprised that such a good mission didn't have any videos of it on Youtube. So I took the liberty of making one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0zfiy30RxM

Obviously there are spoilers. All the spoilers. Let me know how great or how horrible the video is. And just in case anyone thinks this is a thinly veiled attempt to hock my youtube channel, I have 3 videos that nobody watches and ads are disabled.

Since the last reply is from July, I don't think i'm ressurecting the topic...

Great mission! 5/5! The theme and the plot, plus the successful effort the maker put in it. The opening intro, the new skins for garrett's arms, the lockpicks and his head. It reminded me of decapattack, of the mega drive! http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/vic...ecapattack.jpg

And it has so much into it! The new objectives that you stumble upon; secrets like the skull of Baddcog (is it the name of some collaborator?). Also, I gotta ask the Trickster figure, what goes if you kill him? I nailed a fire arrow on him but the bastard ran away.
    Had a blast navigating through that damn swamp and the caves, and the corridors.

But, two things. One critique: what's up with the marauder keepers? it felt like a mob of rascals, not the guardians of neutrality I know from the game;
    one bug, I think. On the compound first floor, nearby the robot patrol, twice I ran by those heavy doors rested by the wall, and I hurt myself. Garrett must have hit his foot hard, because it startled everyone nearby.

But, excellent!

just replayed mission myself and had a great time

the way i did mission though was different then normal way,i started out hugging left side from start did the pagan house,before most objective were set,then went to that base area ,did that area and got first gem,used a secret tunnel to get right by second get under bridge,then i travel up the big tree and got final gem,used then all then just killed firefly went to wizard/hermit house completed mission i did also get skull of bad on second skull i found,some good luck there as i seen a bunch of fake later in mission i also did dewdrop objective and i did the hairbrush objective,but come on i literally found brush in one room walked across hall into other room dropped it there and objective complete,should have been a bit more then that for objective,only got 1/5 secrets ,only issues were golden hammer dropping it took a few try's i ended up dropping on side of barrel it worked and the firefly i figured out you have to chuck it at the hermits left hand

and when it comes to the trickster in this mission,it was weird cause pre newdark he would run away and disapear with my updated thief,he just stayed around non hostile doing his path walking then in a run,back to walking

this mission needs a newdark update its worth it in my view

pretty much bypassed most of the swamp area's except for start and hermit house other wise used base area to get back and forth,and only had to do forest part from second gem to final gem,then use all three gems to move around

great replay vaule as after first play through or two you realize how much faster you can do mission

Hey folks, just a quick question, in this FM does the 2 expert optional objectives end up as "failure" once you drink the potion that ends the mission?

Is that normal behavior or i came across a bug of some sort?

They do not fail with me. Screenshot

The Left4Dead.txt info file says something about the optional objectives. They may appear as "incomplete" (red circle with one diagonal line through them) at the end of the mission, but they should not be marked as "failed" (red "X").

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    They do not fail with me. Screenshot
    Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    The Left4Dead.txt info file says something about the optional objectives. They may appear as "incomplete" (red circle with one diagonal line through them) at the end of the mission, but they should not be marked as "failed" (red "X").
    Ah, i see! So its all good then, i should have read the readme before i thought there was trouble. And yeah, the objectives ended with "incomplete", not "failure" for me.

It's quite understandable, red meaning 'danger' or something's wrong.. I always thought those Incompletes should have a more neutral colour..

Quote Originally Posted by Hit Deity View Post
    I always thought those Incompletes should have a more neutral colour..
    Yellow would also have been a good choice, I think. Hmmm... maybe I can find the graphics used and change the color.

Yellow would also have been a good choice, I think. Hmmm... maybe I can find the graphics used and change the color.
    Should be easy. These are the intrface files:
    Passed - GOALI001
    Failed - GOALI003
    Inactive - GOALI002

Confirmed. I extracted both intrface.crf files that were present in my game folder/directory into a newly created folder called intrface, identified GOALI002.PCX as the file to be changed, and then did that with GIMP (the program I used to change graphics files). Every other file I extracted was erased again. Thus, I do now have an intrface folder containing just the changed GOALI002.PCX in the main game folder. The "inactive" (or "failed, but it's not important") mark is now notably different from the "Failed" (and "game over") mark when finishing "Left for Dead" with one optional objective being not fulfilled.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug in GIMP, therefore I am unable to set the color to yellow. But the technique does work.

Confirmed. I extracted both intrface.crf files that were present in my game folder/directory into a newly created folder called intrface, identified GOALI002.PCX as the file to be changed, and then did that with GIMP (the program I used to change graphics files). Every other file I extracted was erased again. Thus, I do now have an intrface folder containing just the changed GOALI002.PCX in the main game folder. The "inactive" (or "failed, but it's not important") mark is now notably different from the "Failed" (and "game over") mark when finishing "Left for Dead" with one optional objective being not fulfilled.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug in GIMP, therefore I am unable to set the color to yellow. But the technique does work.
    I'm gonna have to try that, if it's not too difficult then. Thanks for the info.

I have uploded my version here. Unpack the zip file in Thief 2's main folder/directory. There should be nothing that will be overwritten. Instead, a folder called intrface (yes, that spelling is meant to be wrong) will be created, containing the changed graphics file. Thief 2 should automatically use the new graphics next time you play.

The circle/crossout mark is mainly in grey instead of yellow, but it should differ notably from red.

dml to fix pocket count, courtesy Jax

Code:
    DML1

//T2 FM: Relic - Left for Dead by Baddcog and J. Knez (Schwaa) //miss30.mis.dml
    //pickpockets
    +ObjProp 91 "DiffTurnOn"
    {
    	"quest var values" 0, 1, 2
    }
    +ObjProp 91 "Scripts"
    {
    	"Script 0" TrapRelay
    }
    +Link 91 92 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 92 "Scripts"
    {
    	"Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 92 "TrapQVar"
    {
    	"" =0:DrSPocketCnt
    }
    Last edited by fortuni; 18th Jun 2023 at 11:55.

Feel like a fool here, but I've run into an issue I've not seen before. The first map starts, does the cutscene flyby and then nothing else happens. The new sounds and music don't play in the background, the VOs don't play, the skeleton's head doesn't fall off, the map doesn't end. I thought maybe the file was faulty but I grabbed another from a different site and got the same result. I can't tell if I've done something wrong or if an engine or script update broke the mission.

Not a fool, its' a genuine concern.
    I've checked both playing with dml and without and both times the missions script work fine, saw skeletons head fall off and experienced no freeze.
    Maybe something has gone wrong with your T2 instal, probably best to replay with a clean install.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213