TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cult of the Resurrection: Thief 1 FM (May 24, 2000)

Sledge

Cult of the Resurrection: Thief 1 FM (May 24, 2000)

Cult of the Resurrection has been completed and now stands in its final form on thief-darkproject.com (and it got 4 silver hammers!!!).

Download links:
    http://thiefmissions.com/m/cultv1
    http://thief-thecircle.com/missions/
    http://keepofmetalandgold.com/fmarchive.htm
    http://www.ttlg.de/de/download/navig...M-Download.xml

Gave the mission a major facelift since its original release. All known bugs have been fixed and a few things have been added. A few of you requested some things... moss arrows are there in the beginning (in the hole you crawl through near the entrance to the church), blackjack is there on Burglar (halfway through to demand some sneaking in the beginning), Rathis's puzzle is a little easier to solve. It's of course basically the same mission, but overall probably corrected about 50 things.

Please post all comments, praise, criticisms, rants, raves, frustrations, doubts, fears, disturbances, inquiries, problems, and other related paraphernalia here.

-Sledge

Quick navigation:
    Cult of the Resurrection, Thief 1 FM -- thread currently viewing
    The Inverted Manse, Thief 2 FM (sequel)
    Last edited by nickie; 23rd Nov 2012 at 08:29. Reason: Updating links

frobber

What is the release date?

I downloaded cult.zip two days ago with a mis15.mis file dated May 20th at 3:41am -- is this the latest?

frobber

Sledge

Yup.

gamophyte

And what would be the most impressive view in your level. Tease me!

------------------
    -The Gamophyte
    "Excuse me... I have to frob the bathroom."

http://dcw16.tripod.com

gamophyte

That sounded wrong...

------------------
    - The Gamophyte
    "Pardon me sir... I have to frobb the bathroom."

http://dcw16.tripod.com

Viper6

Very challenging mission. You'll like it.

TTLG Server Goddess
    Gone, but not forgotten

Okay, I can get along without a sword if I have to, but I'm curious... I just got the walkthrough for CotR and one of the first things it says to do is "Look to your left. There is a locked door here. Open it with your sword or with a hammer from the first open house..." but but but I don't *have* a sword (whimper) am I missing something?

zonian

Cult of Resurrection - Where's necromancer?

I've been hunting all over the damn hideout trying to find the necromancer so I can waste his ass. All I find is this weird looking dude in the boss lady's room, and every time I kill him, even with the fancy sword I got by crossing the abyss, I get the death head and the notice that it was an unnecessary killing. I also was unable to find another way to get rid of Constantine, unless it was to drop him in the huge pit where the sword was. What's the deal with the body parts, anyway? And what happens if you shoot the lantern guard with an arrow? So, friends, if you have the wisdom to answer these minor questions, I will appreciate it.

garblegoyle

You had the right idea with Constantine, though I find it easier to dump him in the disposal near the kitchen. The weird guy is just a weird guy, treat him like you would a weird guy. To find the necromancer, you'll need the body parts. You should find another area where the body parts can be given a proper burial; a door will open once this is done.

pediat

Cult of the resurrection

Hi. I hope you all in cyberspace can help me out. I've been trying to play the fan mission Cult of the Resurrection and am stymied. I can't figure out how to get into the hideout at the very beginning of the mission. I've checked out the FAQs and even the walkthrough but I simply can't find the entrance to the church tower described.

Keeper of Metal and Gold

You're talking about right after getting past the first guy outside? I believe there's a part of the wall with hole in it that you can crawl through somewhere. Wait, now I'm not so sure anymore. I'm quite sure, though, that after the first guy and you see the church from the front that you head right and go around that side and make your way in down low somewhere, into some basement rooms, one of which has the ceiling all broken through so that you can get up into the room above.
    Does that help?
    I've got quite a few screen shots of the mission on the Keep of Metal and Gold at http://users1.50megs.com/thief
    if you want to check them out sometime

------------------

howie

Cult of the Ressurection

I'm playing the FM and have found everything but the "stone". The walk-through says there is a switch behind the desk to open the secret door. I can see the door, but the switch is not there. Is the walk-through incorrect ?

Skeptic Intruder

The switch behind the desk is for finding the Necromancer, it is there but you only need to find him on the hardest difficulty.

The stone is behind the altar where you found the mummy.

Elite Professional

Cult of the Resurrection: Help

Ok, I have to dispose of the body, i have to kill everyone, i need 1400 loot and then i have to get out. right now i'm stuck trying to muck around with that tomb that is right across where all the zombies are behind bars (they are all dead now though) and various torture devices can be seen. i shot a fire arrow at the statue in the tomb room and a moss arrow in a pool of water and now there is a sort of flame above the pool of water. i'm thinking there is some sort of secret behind all this but i'm stuck right now. Any suggestions on how to get somewhere or to solve this tomb puzzle?

YcatX

Did you light the torch next to the pillar? In the strange tomb?

Did you get both areas activated? (Two)

BTW: Do see if a door is real, bang on it. If it makes a sound it is real, otherwise it is just a brush...

I hope this helped

------------------
    YcatX

Elite Professional

Yeah, the torches on opposite sides of the wall are lit, plus the one on the statue. As I said before, I shot a moss arrow into a pool of water to make a fire of some sort. There is a door with no handle in the hallway near the entrance to this tomb that is real. I'm thinking that I need to do something here in the tomb to open it?

YcatX

Hmmm I think that is a glitch..

You are supposed toss in things into those two "pits"..

Read the plaque... (What has eyes, and body)..

Remember those three chests that contained "useless stuff"

------------------
    YcatX

Elite Professional

Haha, well would you mind just to give me a spoiler please? I am not sure whether or not i came across the three chests. i have searched in a lot of places, it's possible i have.

YcatX

I tossed the three body parts into those "holes" and it opened a door.

The room below the conversation.
    A wooden circular staircase connected the room.

------------------
    YcatX

Elite Professional

yeah i threw the decayed parts into the holes and these little fireballs appeared over top of each well. the hole with water in it had a fireball after i shot a moss arrow. did you say these "fireballs" are gliches? And no door seems to be opening, i've sacked the place. What door in particular? i'm wondering if there is a glitch in the game.

Keeper of Metal and Gold

I played this mission a long time ago, and I remember also having a hard time figuring out that room, but sorry, I can't remember exactly how - but wasn't there a walkthrough done for that mission?

------------------

Chade

There shouldn't be a glitch (there wasn't when I played it), and there is a walkthrough at the circle as well. You just have to put the right bodyparts in the right places.

------------------
    Click here to do nothing

YcatX

I just tossed them in... Smoke or something appears about it.

Head,Torso,boneleg

That is the order I did it..

------------------
    YcatX

Sledge

Spoiler

===================

Yeah, you gotta throw the torso in the water, the arm into the dirt hole, and put the head on top of the tomb. Then light the torch. Do that and the door should open. I found that bug with the moss arrow a long ago I think because that was back in the day when I didn't know S&R too well and was using concrete stims I thought I fixed that in a re-release, but maybe that's a bug that fell through the cracks. Ah well...

[This message has been edited by Sledge (edited March 15, 2001).]

Elite Professional

Ok, thanks a lot Sledge and others. Now I finished the mission.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast